View Poll Results: Do you think Phil should have been suspended by A&E,& was wronged by the media?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, Phil should not have been suspended by A&E, and yes he has been wronged by the media.

7 63.64%
  • No, Phil should not have been suspended by A&E, but no he was not wronged by the media.

2 18.18%
  • Yes, Phil should have been banned by A&E, and no he was not wronged by the media.

0 0%
  • Yes, Phil should have been banned, and ne he was not wronged by the media

1 9.09%
  • Undecided

1 9.09%

Thread: PHIL ROBERTSON!!!!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 153

1 Not allowed!

Default PHIL ROBERTSON!!!!

I am sure most of you have heard that A&E suspended Phil Robertson the patriarch of a family in the hit reality TV show Duck Dynasty indefinitely, because of comments he made about homosexuality on December, 18 2013 in an interview with GQ magazine. You can tell by my profile picture and signature I defend Phil. I admit I first heard about Phil only about 3 weeks ago and i don't know that much about him as a person. The reason I am with Phil is because the "controversy" he started revealed the biased, ignorant, white lying(nothing to do with race), brainwashing, hateful, etc..... liberal establishment that rules our nation and the western World.

From all the quotes I have been able to gather from Phil from the interview he had with GQ magazine and other sources, I couldn't find anything that was obviously hateful, aggressive, or insulting towards gays or any other people. It doesn't matter what your beliefs are we all can agree Phil was stripped his right of freedom of speech. If someone is not liberal our media attacks them like a pack of wolves and finds everyway they can to pose them in every bad stereotype there is of conservative people. I am shocked by how our media is changing the country. In history books 30-50 years from now I am sure Phil and others like him will be lied about as being raciest, homophobic, idiots. etc. From what I have learned about Phil reading his quotes, watching his sermons he appears to be loving, Godly, moral, and just all around good person, but I could be wrong. I understand many of you will think I am biased(true) I have to learn to stop that but I think it is okay to read an article for once that is not biasedly against Phil.

The quote I have on my signature with Phil's picture sums up why just because Phil and others have different beliefs does not mean they are hateful. I love Genetics, history, and science so at first I was looking for an accurate picture of a Mesolithic European hunter gatherer since so much has been learned about them recently through ancient DNA. I found a good picture that looked a lot like how I think La Brana-1(7,000BP hunter gatherer from Spain) did. Then I realized Phil does too, he has blue eyes like La Brana-1 did, and probably the right hair and skin color, and the same basic west Eurasian/Caucasian facial features. I wouldn't be surprised if La Brana-1 had a big beard and long hair like Phil. La Brana-1 was a backwoodsman and a hunter like Phil too

Here are all the quotes I could find from Phil Robertson in the GQ magazine about homosexuality.
    Start with homosexual behavior and just morph from there, Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.
    Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right
    It seems like, to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.
    In the second one Phil was quoting part of Corinthians 6:9 written by St. Paul in the 1st century AD to the Christians in the city of Corinth in southern Greece. That verse and the next few verses, St. Paul is saying people who live sinful lifestyles and do not believe in Jesus Christ will not inherit the kingdom of God. He goes on to say to the Christians of Corinth "But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Sprit of our God.", therefore they will inherit the kingdom of God. He emphasizes in the next verses that they should not commit sexual sins(Ex. homosexuality, prostitution) instead they should commit themselves to God.

In the first quote Phil says that homosexual behavior can lead to bestiality and is similar to other sexual sins, and honestly I agree. In the third one Phil is saying he doesn't think it is logical for a man to be attracted to another man instead of a woman, once again I agree. I don't see how using the words vagina and anus is that big of a surprise because of all the sexual crap that is shoved down our throats 24/7 on TV, internet, etc. Sexual crap that was brought to our society by far left liberals that had their begging in the 1960's. It is Phil's opinion women are more appealing sexually than men(very normal) and that homosexuality is not logical and sinful.

Here is how GLAAD's spokesperson Wilson Cruz reacted to Phil's statements in the GQ magazine.
    Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe. He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans -- and Americans -- who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples
    Never once did Phil say this is what all Christians believe, GLAAD says Phil "obviously knows nothing about gay people" which is probably accurate, but GLAAD seems to know very little about Christians. I and most "Christians" believe homosexuality is unmoral, all verses in the Bible that mention homosexuality state it is one of many sexual sins. One of the greatest and earliest spreaders of Christianity, St. Paul said himself multiple times homosexuality is one of many sexual sins. The "true Christians" GLAAD is talking about must not consider the Bible.

Here's more from Wilson Cruz
    Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families
    What "vile and extreme sterotypes" did Phil 'push"? Like I said above Phil just gave his opinion, that women are more sexually attractive than men, and homosexuality is not logical and sinful. He didn't "sterotype" anyone he just simply gave his opinion on homosexuality. It seems many people have a "What to say to conservatives you dis agree with" handbook not everything is a sterotype, they keep using the same old phrases. I think Wilson sterotyped Phil as some type of hater because of his opinion.

Wilson goes on to say "A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties with such a public disdain for the LGBT people and families". It doesn't matter what your opinion on homosexuality is GLAAD is basically saying there needs to be some type of punishment given to Phil because he gave his opinion on homosexuality to the public. Myself, and I think also Phil do not hate gays, as Phil has said "hate the sin love the sinner".

Here is Phil's response to GLAAD's spokeperson Wilson Cruz.
    “I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
    See, Phil doesn't hate gay people. I am sure our liberal media would be much more happy if Phil reacted like an angry hillbilly, but instead he reacted like a Christian. Does Phil seem like the negative stereotypes many have of a conservative, rural, Christians?

Here is a quote I found from this online article(click here).
    Update: The Human Rights Campaign’s Chad Griffin and NAACP interim president Lorraine Miller sent a letter to A&E’s Nancy Dubuc, asking her to disavow Robertson’s “racist and homophobic comments.” This apparently was sent before A&E suspended Robertson indefinitely, although the network’s statements did not cite Robertson’s comments on welfare and race. According to GQ, he commented on growing up in the Jim Crow era in Louisiana.

Robertson said, “I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

“When a figure from a popular show like ‘Duck Dynasty’ makes such disparaging remarks about entire communities of people, we cannot allow it to go unnoticed,” Griffin and Miller wrote.
    Now tell me how was Phil "homophobic", did he ever show any fear to gay people? No, he did not he simply said he thinks women are more attractive sexually, that homosexuality is un logical and he believes it is sinful. He never showed any hate or fear towards gay people. Homophobic is a phrase our media and now people use whenever someone even peacefully says they think homosexuality is wrong. I think homophobic, anti-gay, and many others phrases are being used to show more conservative people like Phil in a negative way. Homophobia and anti-gay has been used to describe this "controversy" by most online articles and news channels(I have seen). Anti-gay is not a good description of Phil's comments either. I have said this like a million times he believes women are more attractive sexually than men, homosexuality is unlogical and sinful. He also says "love the sinner hate the sin" and "I love all of humanity" he is not anti-gay he is anti-sin.

I am surprised the interim President of the NAACP Lorraine Miller and the Human Rights campaign's Chad Griffin are going on the side of the liberal media. The reason I am surprised by Miller is that. "A March 2013 Pew Center study, which compiled results from four surveys conducted over more than a year, found 40 percent of African-Americans support gay marriage, with 48 percent opposing."(source), that is less than both whites and Hispanics. The fact Miller called Phil homophobic tells me he has jumped in the extreme liberal bandwagon.

I can totally understand why what Phil said about the Jim Crow south can be seen as raciest. Because black people were actually miss treated but I guess he never witnessed it. He obviously was just being honest though. He even said "I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash" he didn't say anything raciest about black people, he just gave a point of view from the position he was in during that time. You could say he was being unconsciously raciest, maybe he was trying to make whites in the south at that time seem less raciest as they were. That is the only type of racism I think was possibly expressed. Just because Phil didn't mention all the terrible things done to black people in the Jim Crow south doesn't make him raciest towards black people, I maybe he was just being honest.

I was watching one of Phil's sermons and he made some anti-raciest comments. He quoted a verse from Acts 17 "From one man God made every nation of men" Act 17, and Phil said "I don't know what color he was" and he quoted a comment James Madison made about Slavery "The mere circumstance of complexion, can not deprive any man of being a man." He quoted other founding fathers were they describe their faith in God, and he makes his opinion clear that this country needs more Christian morality, I couldn't agree more. In one of the quotes I have above Phil says "I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me" if he was a true raciest I doubt he would say that. I didn't watch all of that sermon and like I said in the begging I don't know that much about Robertson. So far though he seems like a good guy. If it turns out he is raciest and many other things that in no way represents what I believe. I can understand how what Phil said could be offensive to some black people. But it is really hard to define his statements as raciest it seems to be just his perspective.

Another thing I have seen Phil get criticized on by our media, is a quote from a sermon he had in 2010.
    Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversionsThey're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil. That's what you have 235 years, roughly, after your forefathers founded the country. So what are you gonna do Pennsylvania? Just run with them? You're going to die. Don't forget that
    This is a quote from Romans chapter 1, written by St. Paul to Christians in Rome. He was not talking only about homosexuals. He was talking about the idolatry and sinful lifestyle of people in the Roman world, one of the sinful things they were doing was homosexuality, Paul makes the point they keep living a sinful lifestyle. even though they know it is wrong.
    Paul goes on to say

"They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed, depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and Malics. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful, they invite ways of doing evil, they disobey their parents, they are senseless, faithless, heartless ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
    Honestly Paul's descriptions of the sinful way of life many people in the Roman world lived reminds me of what I witness in the modern western world. Our country has become a moral wasteland, most of the time while on the internet my screen is surrounded with women in sexual poses, with their bobs hanging out, or with only underwear. I see dirty sex being advertised and encouraged on TV, radio, magazines, teachers, etc. I think because of the history of Christian morals in this country the overall attitude is we should not encourage this but many still do.

The reason our country has become amoral wasteland is because of modern liberalism which started really with the hippies in the 1960's. According to Phil "I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior". From reading Phil's quotes and some sermons, it is very clear he thinks this country is very unmoral and un Godly and he wants to instill Christian morals into America.

There was an article(click here) from Los Angeles Times"'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson: Five more debate-worthy quote" which states
    As a devout member of the Church of Christ, Robertson has been a frequent speaker and preacher around the country, especially since gaining fame from the highest-rated nonfiction series in cable TV history. Anyone who takes the time to watch those videos will find plenty of things to discuss and debate.

Obviously that author wants to find something in the past to criticize Phil on. I looked at their quotes and links to videos of the sermons. The second quote and video Phil says that ever since the first sin people go under the control of the evil one, then he gives examples like rape, pillage, kidnapping, etc. and says because they are under control of the evil one, then he says that's why they murdered from the Nazi's to the Shintoists, Communists..... "why do they murder and why do they hate us? Because all of them ... 80 years of history, they all want to conquer the world, they all rejected Jesus and they're all famous for murder. Nazis, Shintoists, Communists and the Mohammedists. Every one of them the same way" then he goes on to say about half of the USA is going into their camp because they are murders through abortion.

To me it seems he is saying the reason people sin is because they are under control of the evil one and because they rejected Jesus. He puts the murders through abortion in the same light as the Nazis, Shintoists, Communists, and Mohamed's murders. I totally understand how that can be controversial because he was saying rejecting Jesus is related to terrible crimes. I and many other Christians think it is more complicated than that. I don't think everyone who rejects Jesus is going to be like Hitler or whatever. It can also be controversial to say abortion is just as bad as all those murders in history. If its not a baby why get an abortion? I don't understand the logic of abortion, you are stopping the forming of a human being in your womb or killing it when it already has a body. If you don't want to deal with having a child don't have sex. You guys should look at these stunning abortion stats(click here). Hopefully they are reliable.

The third quote from Phil on that sit was
    From one man God made all nations of men. We all came from the same dude, and I don't know what color he was
    I watched that sermon and mentioned it earlier in this thread. Actually he was being anti-raciest but I guess the controversy is that he mentioned skin color(what???). The next quote Phil encouraged men to marry women who are 15 or 16. I don't see how that is controversial it is all up to your own opinion. In the past it was normal for a woman to get married around that age and still in many modern cultures.

Why is a man marrying a 15 or 16 year old girl more "debatable" than marrying another man? Which is the position the author and most of our media most likely have. The author of that article is trying to find something to make Phil look bad. I am surprised that was all he could find, they will probably find better stuff later. The last quote chosen by the author of that article was the worst.
    I'm no preacher. Know how you can know? This is free! Now, if I pass the hat, you can say, 'He's a preacher.'"
    Phil was just making a little joke give him a break.

Just look at some of the hateful reactions people have had towards Phil. click here for a good example. I cant even count how many times I have seen negative "sterotypes" towards him have been said by our liberal media. I have seen people on the media stero type him as a backwoods bigot but so far he doesn't match very well their stero type. I doubt Phil is the most perfect man he may be raciest and other bad things. So far though he seems like a good man. I think our liberal establishment found an opportunity to attack conservatism in America.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,001
    Given: 11,123

1 Not allowed!

I'd side with him too.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish, English, Ulster Scots, Welsh
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Robert E. Lee, St. Nicholas
    Religion
    Christian Identity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,534
    Given: 2,111

1 Not allowed!

Default Repetition for Emphasis

26) For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;

27) and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Romans 1:26-27 (KJV)
    Why the Holocaust™ is a Fable.__________Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

I retain copyright to all original content I post on The Apricity. Notice posted on June 13, 2020.
    "Unless I am convinced by proofs from Scriptures or by plain and clear reasons and arguments, I can and will not retract, for it is neither safe nor wise to do anything against conscience. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen!" Martin Luther (1483-1547)

Last Online
    02-25-2020 @ 04:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ignorant
    Ancestry
    Nobody cares.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kansas
    Taxonomy
    Ignorant
    Politics
    Unaffiliated
    Religion
    Non religious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,443
    Given: 2,251

2 Not allowed!

The whole show is a fake. These people are not hill billies, they are a wealthy family from the south. Willies wife is not blonde, she's bleached. These people were country club with polo shirts before the show. The play the redneck card to cater to the idea of the show.
    Phil has not been wrong by the media because they all decided to join the show, grow their beards and make themselves look stupid to make a buck. It all comes down to a price and they are paying their dues.
    Most American people are fooled. These people would look up their noses to the average redneck from the south.

They don't look anything like the show portrays.
    "I don't dislike you, I simple don't care!"

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

It doesn't matter if they are fake hillbillies, that doesn't make what A&E did and what our media is doing right.

Last Online
    07-22-2018 @ 10:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Glory Boy and Ukrainian
    Ethnicity
    93.75% White European, 6.25% Serbian
    Ancestry
    Shoshi (Dukagjin)
    Country
    Albania
    Politics
    Independence for the Caucasus
    Hero
    Chief Keef
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 684
    Given: 1,342

0 Not allowed!

They're hillbillies, not rednecks. Hillbillies are normal southerners who were known to be outlaws, while rednecks are inbred dumbies.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hottest Beast View Post
    They're hillbillies, not rednecks. Hillbillies are normal southerners who were known to be outlaws, while rednecks are inbred dumbies.
    Obviously you don't know about the history of those terms, both originated in the Scotch Irish of the Appalachian mountains.
    Last edited by Fire Haired; 12-25-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 01:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western European
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    British, Irish, German, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Ohio
    Y-DNA
    R1b (R-M269)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranean
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 758
    Given: 1,083

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hottest Beast View Post
    Some Albanian women are giantesses with green skin. Their ancestors probably came from Mars, and we now know them as Serbian Islamists.

Last Online
    08-03-2017 @ 10:14 PM
    Region
    Republika Srpska
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Alpine/CM
    Politics
    Center
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,211