City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,129
    Given: 58,889

0 Not allowed!

Default european media and roma gypsies

from the european media i know a little bit the friendliest media towards gypsies is serb media and the worst british media, i think generally western european media (french italian german british dutch etc.) is very anti-gypsy. when i watch serb media i have feeling that gypsies are humans and treated politically correct but when i watch british media i dont have the feeling they are even real human
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Banned
    Last Online
    03-27-2014 @ 01:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    powerranger
    Country
    Israel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

What do you mean with "real human"? Did it ever occur in your mind that there must be a reason for that?I have met dozens of gypsies during my work and socially. They ignore laws, settle up illegal camps, leave everywhere they go a dirt and a mess.
    You can never trust your money on them.
    As long as the average gypsy doesn't change that there will be prejudice against them.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyGlass View Post
    What do you mean with "barely human"? Did it ever occur in your mind that there must be a reason for that?I have met dozens of gypsies during my work and socially. They ignore laws, settle up illegal camps, leave everywhere they go a dirt and a mess.
    You can never trust your money on them.
    As long as the average gypsy doesn't change that there will be prejudice against them.
    yes thats how they are protrayed in western european media, as people who are criminal largely and as filth who shits in their neighbours garden (metaphor but you get my point), in serbian media, they are normal people who have a harder time in society and are underachievers, different concepts to portray them. also in serb media you see normal dressed gypsies who look normal even if they dont have a job, in western euro media you see hobos etc. from real life i experienced gypsies as normal people who are underachievers largely but not as hobbos etc. maybe both exists who knows, but western media portrays all gypsies with the same brush also old century myths that they steal aryan children like in recent case of maria, serbs dont think that gypsies steal children. very different worlds.
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

the difference starts with that in serb media they call us romi (romas) never "cigani" but in british and western media they still call us mostly "gypsies" even on census we are "gypsies" and not "romas" in serb census we are "romas", the dutch call us also "zigoiner" etc.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 12:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Doggerlander
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    U5b2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,164
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

British media is pretty hard on all outsiders. It's really amazing to me the difference of media here compared to PC united states.

People make racist remarks all the time (making fun of blacks, speaking in ebonics, calling people towel heads etc) and people just laugh about it.

In the US the same people would be lynched for saying the same things because people in the US are so hypersensitive and PC and have lost control of their own culture.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    British media is pretty hard on all outsiders. It's really amazing to me the difference of media here compared to PC united states.

People make racist remarks all the time (making fun of blacks, speaking in ebonics, calling people towel heads etc) and people just laugh about it.

In the US the same people would be lynched for saying the same things because people in the US are so hypersensitive and PC and have lost control of their own culture.
    quiete pathetic, and i dont get why that is cool or better then being PC, and why people lost controll over their culture if they are PC, is european culture naturally racist, i think so, for thousands of years it have been very racist, very disrespectful and hateful culture

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

also i dont think they are so harsh on "towelheads" and "blacks" there was uproar once that prince harry used the term "paki" and i never see them presenting blacks in africa or indians etc. as primitive the same way they portray romas

Banned
    Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 12:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Doggerlander
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    U5b2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,164
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

They aren't harsh but they joke about it without the PC paranoia you see other places. I haven't really seen much criticism of Roma here. UK is pretty hard on immigrants IMO.

Thread Information