Thread: The French are racist against everyone except for Black people? (article)

Last Online
    02-14-2014 @ 04:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!

Default The French are racist against everyone except for Black people? (article)

Source at the bottom.

Months ago (over the summer) I visited France and thought I would be going to a country that was fairly progressive compared to the USA in terms of race relations. When I finally got there (I was staying in Paris) I noticed that things were not so bad at all. The one thing I heard and noticed about the French is that they love African Americans, see them as brothers almost and have a craze for African American culture. But then things started to open up a bit more as I stayed there.

As I talked to more native French people, I noticed a lot of them were not as loving towards other races. Chinese (and Asians in general), Jews, Arabs (especially the Arabs), and just about any race that isn't White or Black. I thought my experience was an outlier. What I found particularly fascinating is that unlike my stay in Germany where I noticed the MENA population was somewhat assimilated and often mixed with the native German population, in France this was pretty rare. I saw Black and White people together often (even more so than in the USA), French men seem to love Black women and French women seem to love Black men but the MENA population was the outcast group.

Many French people I talked to no matter how young or how old said some openly racist things about the MENA population and made some slight jokes towards Asians and Jews. Black people were off limits in terms of the racism.

Here is the source.

And here is what I think. In today's racial climate it is politically incorrect to make fun of Black people but completely okay to make fun of any other race and say some of the most brutal things about them. I would think that a MENA person would be much better off here in the USA than in France as I have seen countless men of that background live satisfying lives and earn good careers in this country.

According to a survey carried out by polling agency OpinionWay, a majority of French people (59 percent) believe that racism has increased in their country.

An even higher percentage of French people (61 percent) believe it is more difficult to be a Muslim in France in 2013 than it was in the 1980s. Over a third of French people also believe it is more difficult to be Jewish in the France of today than in 1983, although 61 percent believe it is easier to be black.
    http://www.thelocal.fr/20131007/fran...say-the-french

Last Online
    08-17-2015 @ 08:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    anglo, irish
    Ethnicity
    white
    Ancestry
    Britain and Ireland
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 70

0 Not allowed!

The muslims cause incredible amounts of trouble over there so that will account for there unpopularity,east asians are small and probs just an easy target for jokes but no violence i would think.I know they don't like english people as i've been there a few times but don't know about other europeans.

Thread Information