Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 23

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerKing View Post
    I will say even close to zero have European ancestry

Hurles et al. (2005)
    Philippines

1/28 = 3.6% K-M9(xK1-M147, L-M61, M1-M4/M5, M2a-SRY9138, N1-LLY22g, O-M175, P-P27/M45, T-M70)
    9/28 = 32.1% O1a-M119(xO1a1a-M101, O1a2-M50)
    1/28 = 3.6% O1a2-M50
    14/28 = 50.0% O3-M122(xO3a3c-M134)
    3/28 = 10.7% O3a3c-M134

Kayser et al. (2008)
    Philippines
    4/37 = 10.8% C-RPS4Y711(xC2-M38, C3-M217)
    1/37 = 2.7% F-M89(xK-M9)
    1/37 = 2.7% K-M9(xK3-P79, M1-M4, M2-M353, M3-P117, NO-M214, P-M74, S-M230)
    1/37 = 2.7% O-M175(xO1a-M119, O2a-M95, O3-M122)
    11/37 = 29.7% O1a-M119(xO1a2-M110)
    5/37 = 13.5% O1a2-M110
    1/37 = 2.7% O3-M122(xO3a-M324)
    10/37 = 27.0% O3a-M324(xO3a3b-M7, O3a3c-M134)
    1/37 = 2.7% O3a3c-M134
    1/37 = 2.7% O2a-M95
    1/37 = 2.7% R1-M173

Han-Jun Jin et al. (2009)
    Philippines
    2/69 = 2.9% Y*(xC, DE, K)
    2/69 = 2.9% C
    6/69 = 8.7% K(xNO)
    2/69 = 2.9% O
    11/69 = 15.9% O1
    1/69 = 1.4% O2(xO2a, O2b)
    1/69 = 1.4% O2a
    1/69 = 1.4% O2b(xO2b1)
    34/69 = 49.3% O3(xO3c)
    9/69 = 13.0% O3c

Han-Jun Jin et al. (2003)
    Philippines
    3/77 = 3.9% Y*(xC-RPS4Y711, DE-YAP, K-M9)
    3/77 = 3.9% C-RPS4Y711
    8/77 = 10.4% K-M9(xO-M175)
    52/77 = 67.5% O-M175(xLINE1, O2a-M95, O2b-SRY465)
    9/77 = 11.7% O-LINE1
    1/77 = 1.3% O2b-SRY465(xO2b1-47z)
    1/77 = 1.3% O2a-M95

YDNA isn't all DNA. I have both Asian paternal and maternal haplogroups, but I'm still showing European ancestry. I thought at first that it could be "noise" but on those segments, I have plenty of Latin American cousins, and even some from Europe. I'm 4th cousins with a white lady from my hometown. Our connection is a Spanish ancestor. I've also looked at the "countries of ancestry" for all the other Filipinos, and most of them have Latin American or Spanish cousins as well. So even Filipinos without European Y-DNA can still have European ancestry. But like I said, it's very minimal ancestry for the most part. I've also looked at some Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Laotian, and Japanese ancestry compositions for comparison and they average less than 0.1% European. The Vietnamese have the highest, at 0.1%

Communism Is So Bourgeois
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 07:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celto-Judean
    Ethnicity
    Scythian-Jewish, Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Ashkenazi + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Y-DNA
    Q1b Scythian/Khazar (Indigenous Central-Asian)
    mtDNA
    U5b2a3 Mesolithic European (Indigenous European)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    كافر
    Hero
    Charles Martel, Winston Churchill, Fjordman, Allen West & Robert Spencer
    Religion
    Jewishish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,012
    Given: 11,416

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    I think we should bring this over to the spain jewishness thread.
    Enrique Iglesias is a Filipino/Spanish Jew
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 03:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Urrr
    Ethnicity
    other
    Ancestry
    Hmm
    Country
    Adyghea
    Religion
    First Baptist Kingston
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

predominately European Filipino family.

People like the father only number 500,000 or so in the Philippines. They used to be more numerous but many moved to Spain, Australia, and the US when the Philippines turned to shit in the 70s and 80s

Filipinos like the mother (who appears to be a balanced mestiza) are slightly more numerous. Around 2 to 3 million
    Last edited by clete27; 01-08-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by clete27 View Post
    YDNA isn't all DNA. I have both Asian paternal and maternal haplogroups, but I'm still showing European ancestry. I thought at first that it could be "noise" but on those segments, I have plenty of Latin American cousins, and even some from Europe. I'm 4th cousins with a white lady from my hometown. Our connection is a Spanish ancestor. I've also looked at the "countries of ancestry" for all the other Filipinos, and most of them have Latin American or Spanish cousins as well. So even Filipinos without European Y-DNA can still have European ancestry. But like I said, it's very minimal ancestry for the most part. I've also looked at some Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Laotian, and Japanese ancestry compositions for comparison and they average less than 0.1% European. The Vietnamese have the highest, at 0.1%
    Actually, if you check out the forums where Filipino people have had their genes tested, you would find out that the vast majority of them have European genes popping up but they tend to be small in number ranging from 1&2% to 15%. This is consistent among all Filipinos I've sampled. Some of them even have Caucasian admixture running as high as 25%.

The myth that only 3.6% of Filipinos have European genes arose 4 to 5 years ago, when wikipedians used a study focusing on the ancestry of people in the Pacific Islands...

The study was about people in the pacific islands but the study also included a token amount of Filipinos in the samplings. They used 28 people in Cebu as examples, and from there, they found out that they posses a 3.6% European admixture on the average.

Soon, the 3.6% citation morphed into an internet urban legend used by Anti-Filipinists to disparage Filipinos claiming Spanish ancestry. When in reality, people should not even use that 3.6% citation at all. It sampled a mere 28 people from only one location and then they misapplied that towards the population of a country composed of 100 Million inhabitants. Using 28 people to represent 100 million people is wrong because it doesn't even pass the statistical margin of error.

And in the forums where Filipinos have had their genes sampled: i.e. Anthroscene and 23andme, a significant majority of them have reported European introgression from 1/2% to 15% of their genome. The low percentage but persistent frequency of European introgression is easily explained by historical facts. Most, of those with Spanish blood, who have mated with Filipinos were not pure Spaniards but were in fact, Latinos from Mexico or Peru. Since Latinos were already half Caucasian, when they married with local women, their children would only be 1/4 Caucasian. When the Manila Galleons stopped circulating between the Philippines and Latin-America (Due to the american independence movements). Latino immigration was cut-off and the European admixture among Filipinos began to dwindle with the increasing local population and the unmitigated immigration from China and India. Thus explaining why many filipinos who have had their genes tested have that small but persistent European component.

My findings are not based on mere conjecture; Spanish census records say so. According to Fedor Jagor in the book entitled "The Former Philippines through Foreign Eyes". He cites census records which states that:

“The castes bearing a mixture of the Spanish blood are in Luconia alone at least 200,000. The Sangleys, or Chinese descendants, are upwards of 20,000, and Indians, who call themselves the original Tagalas, about 340,000, making a total population in that island of about 600,000 souls. What may be the respective numbers in the other Philippine Islands I never had any opportunity of learning.”

So, 200 thousand out of the 600 thousand inhabitants (roughly 1/3rd of the whole population) were confirmed to have Spanish admixture...

Furthermore, in the year 1796 to 1797, majority of the soldiers transplanted to Philippine soil, were not pure Spaniards at all, but instead, Latin Americans of varying ancestries.

"Of native Spaniards, accordingly, settled in the Philippine Islands, the total number may be stated at 2,000 not military. The military, including all descriptions, men and officers, are about 2,500, out of which number the native regiments are officered These last, in 1796-7, were almost entirely composed of South Americans and were reckoned at 5,000 men, making a military force of about 7,500."

You can read the full text here: http://www.authorama.com/former-philippines-b-8.html

So, considering the modern genetic evidence from Filipinos themselves and from historical Spanish census records. The myth that only 3.6% of Filipinos have European genes should be wholly repudiated and we in the wikipedia community have already discussed this and removed the 3.6% citation in our articles. Just kindly inform everyone of this, lest many people will get hurt and falsely accused as liars claiming Spanish ancestry, when at least 1/3rd of Filipinos really do have Spanish ancestry, mostly from Latin America. Thank You.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Saludong View Post
    Actually, if you check out the forums where Filipino people have had their genes tested, you would find out that the vast majority of them have European genes popping up but they tend to be small in number ranging from 1&2% to 15%. This is consistent among all Filipinos I've sampled. Some of them even have Caucasian admixture running as high as 25%.

The myth that only 3.6% of Filipinos have European genes arose 4 to 5 years ago, when wikipedians used a study focusing on the ancestry of people in the Pacific Islands...

The study was about people in the pacific islands but the study also included a token amount of Filipinos in the samplings. They used 28 people in Cebu as examples, and from there, they found out that they posses a 3.6% European admixture on the average.

Soon, the 3.6% citation morphed into an internet urban legend used by Anti-Filipinists to disparage Filipinos claiming Spanish ancestry. When in reality, people should not even use that 3.6% citation at all. It sampled a mere 28 people from only one location and then they misapplied that towards the population of a country composed of 100 Million inhabitants. Using 28 people to represent 100 million people is wrong because it doesn't even pass the statistical margin of error.

And in the forums where Filipinos have had their genes sampled: i.e. Anthroscene and 23andme, a significant majority of them have reported European introgression from 1/2% to 15% of their genome. The low percentage but persistent frequency of European introgression is easily explained by historical facts. Most, of those with Spanish blood, who have mated with Filipinos were not pure Spaniards but were in fact, Latinos from Mexico or Peru. Since Latinos were already half Caucasian, when they married with local women, their children would only be 1/4 Caucasian. When the Manila Galleons stopped circulating between the Philippines and Latin-America (Due to the american independence movements). Latino immigration was cut-off and the European admixture among Filipinos began to dwindle with the increasing local population and the unmitigated immigration from China and India. Thus explaining why many filipinos who have had their genes tested have that small but persistent European component.

My findings are not based on mere conjecture; Spanish census records say so. According to Fedor Jagor in the book entitled "The Former Philippines through Foreign Eyes". He cites census records which states that:

“The castes bearing a mixture of the Spanish blood are in Luconia alone at least 200,000. The Sangleys, or Chinese descendants, are upwards of 20,000, and Indians, who call themselves the original Tagalas, about 340,000, making a total population in that island of about 600,000 souls. What may be the respective numbers in the other Philippine Islands I never had any opportunity of learning.”

So, 200 thousand out of the 600 thousand inhabitants (roughly 1/3rd of the whole population) were confirmed to have Spanish admixture...

Furthermore, in the year 1796 to 1797, majority of the soldiers transplanted to Philippine soil, were not pure Spaniards at all, but instead, Latin Americans of varying ancestries.

"Of native Spaniards, accordingly, settled in the Philippine Islands, the total number may be stated at 2,000 not military. The military, including all descriptions, men and officers, are about 2,500, out of which number the native regiments are officered These last, in 1796-7, were almost entirely composed of South Americans and were reckoned at 5,000 men, making a military force of about 7,500."

You can read the full text here: http://www.authorama.com/former-philippines-b-8.html

So, considering the modern genetic evidence from Filipinos themselves and from historical Spanish census records. The myth that only 3.6% of Filipinos have European genes should be wholly repudiated and we in the wikipedia community have already discussed this and removed the 3.6% citation in our articles. Just kindly inform everyone of this, lest many people will get hurt and falsely accused as liars claiming Spanish ancestry, when at least 1/3rd of Filipinos really do have Spanish ancestry, mostly from Latin America. Thank You.
    Congratulations. You get a donut.

Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 03:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Urrr
    Ethnicity
    other
    Ancestry
    Hmm
    Country
    Adyghea
    Religion
    First Baptist Kingston
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    hey shut up. At least we know the facts and aren't repeating the stupid ass myths that originated from wikipedia. If only 3.6% of Filipinos had any European blood, then out of the 60 Filipino ancestry compositions on 23and me that I've looked at, only 2 should have any drop of European ancestry. but that's not the case. About 50 of them have European ancestry, even in the conservative estimate. I've also looked at many other Asians and hardly any European ancestry shows up, maybe like .1 percent, even in the speculative estimate. The Vietnamese seem to have the most besides Filipinos (probably from French), but it's only like 0.2% on average

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

hey shut up. At least we know the facts and aren't repeating the stupid ass myths that originated from wikipedia. If only 3.6% of Filipinos had any European blood, then out of the 60 Filipino ancestry compositions on 23and me that I've looked at, only 2 should have any drop of European ancestry. but that's not the case. About 50 of them have European ancestry, even in the conservative estimate. I've also looked at many other Asians and hardly any European ancestry shows up, maybe like .1 percent, even in the speculative estimate. The Vietnamese seem to have the most besides Filipinos (probably from French), but it's only like 0.2% on average
    So? What's your point? That Filipinos are better because of it?

I respect Europeans, but I don't care to even have 0.1% of their blood.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thank You for the donut.
    By the way. How do you change your nationality? The Philippines isn't included in the list of countries of origin in the registration form of this site. ^_^

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Do you have a collection of their ancestry compositions? I've only seen some testimonial evidence by xito24: in Anthroscape http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/5200186/1/

(I think S/he still doesn't know about the census records). Anything to debunk the 3.6% myth would be very good, in the interests of public scholarship.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

So? What's your point? That Filipinos are better because of it?

I respect Europeans, but I don't care to even have 0.1% of their blood.
    Actually, most Filipinos don't care about their European component. If asked, what their race would be, they would just automatically say "Asian".

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information