Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything?

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Well yea, they made my new Apple Macbook Pro laptop with Retina Display, and I'm grateful for the quality of it. Who do think invented the UNIX system, iPhones, iPad Airs, iPods, iCloud and iTunes?
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,016
    Given: 1,369

0 Not allowed!

Apple is absolute overpriced shit, yet popular because it's simple (for the small minds of the masses) and trendy.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,016
    Given: 1,369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Lullaby View Post
    Well yea, they made my new Apple Macbook Pro laptop with Retina Display, and I'm grateful for the quality of it. Who do think invented the UNIX system, iPhones, iPad Airs, iPods, iCloud and iTunes?
    Are you kidding me?

1. That technology was taken from other places and incorporated into this computer.
    2. AT&T invented UNIX.
    3. iPhones are nothing special.
    4. It's just a slightly thinner tablet.
    5. mp3 players work just fine.
    6. The Cloud was not a technology invented by Apfel.
    7. Playing music on your computer isn't anything new.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewpsy View Post
    Apple is absolute overpriced shit, yet popular because it's simple (for the small minds of the masses) and trendy.
    Excuse me but I have an A Level qualification in using PC's, databases, spreadsheets, word, etc, using Microsoft and PC's and I taught myself to make videos on a variety of video-editing suites and I've made over 100 videos on my YT channel on PC's. Nobody taught me how to make videos; I just learned by myself. You think I bought a Mac because I can't use a PC?! Apples are also PC's.

My decision and choice wasn't based on trends or fashion, but upon my own analysing of products, watching and reading reviews, and finding something customed for my own requirements. I skipped paying for the classes at a local Apple store on how to use a Mac... I'm just using my own intuition to understand the features and I'm finding it quite simple, along with familiarising myself with the Safari browser (I may download my fave Firefox browser though but I'll see how it goes with Safari first...) getting used to the force-touch trackpad and other features I'm having to familiarise myself with, and it's actually quite simple to understand.

Is it overpriced? Possibly, considering there's no DVD Blu-ray disc drive included, only 2 USB ports (one on each side, although I don't need more than 2 and I could always buy a hub if I required more,) no ethernet port (so I had to buy a separate thunderbolt adapter for my ethernet during the purchase of the laptop as wi-fi is never as fast when using your home computer to connect to the net as wired connection is.) The HP Spectre doesn't have an ethernet port on it either btw; they also expect people to use wi-fi at home. I can't see a Kensington Lock port on it either.

The advantages of the Macbook Pro outweigh the few minor drawbacks mentioned above, such as the great crystal-clear visual quality of the retina display screen and the inbuilt speaker sound quality, the way it runs smoothly, the useful apps included in it, the nice and simple-to-understand desktop and I like the OS, and Apples rarely get viruses, rarely ever crash, and they run very smoothly since Apple makes all the parts in their computers, along with the elegant beauty and other factors make it worthwhile buying it.

The keys fell off my last 2 year old Samsung laptop and so I was making typos (and it wasn't a cheap laptop, but Ł600 if you don't mind - which is appalling,) and so I wanted something with a good reputation for its keyboards and I like the backlit display of the Macbook Pro.

The force-touch trackpad is useful too - but I still prefer the comfort of using my mini-mouse and my mousepad with it's cushioned wrist-support.

It's like comparing the extremely high quality and engineering and 20 year reliability of the German-manufactured Miele washing machines/tumble dryers/vacuums to anything else on the market... (the second best brand is only half as good as a Miele and you'll actually pay more in the long term with the cheaper brands as they won't last as long)... or comparing an Aston Martin with a Ford.

Apples are analysed by Which? as being the best. And Which? is an independent company with no connections to other companies who scrutinise loads of different products for reviews that a lot of UK people depend on for independent reviews and advice.

I was looking at the HP Spectre laptop which is advertised as 'doing gymnastics' as the screen flexes 360 degrees into different positions to suit your needs and converts into a handy touch-screen tablet (the screen can be detached) and I was watching and saving reviews about the best 5 laptops and tablets on the market at moment into my pocket function on my browsers and I wasn't impressed with the bad reviews of the HP Spectre (which is supposed to be one of the high end quality of laptops in the PC range.)

I like the fact that the iPad Air 2 uses a secure fingerprint ID for your touch password and a great screen quality and lightness, and you can personalise it with a free engraving before purchasing it.

I noticed that scientists like Richard Dawkins uses a Macbook too because they have a good quality.

The boot-up and restart is very quick on the Apple Macbook Pro.

The thing I don't like about other PC's is that they often crash, they get a lot of viruses and you have to pay out extra money for virus protection software, and they come loaded with loads of unnecessary junk in them that can get confusing sometimes. Apples just have the features you need and they don't try and shove pop-up ad's to buy updates all the time like PC's and Microsoft annoyingly does.

It's the other way around; Microsoft, Windows and other laptop makers are copying Apple's layout, features and apps all the time from sites I've read!

Anyway, I'm very happy with the quality of my Apple laptop and I don't think I'll go back to using other PC brands again.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-06-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    08-29-2017 @ 02:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    St Albans
    Religion
    Blasphemy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

You know what they say good artists copy great artists steal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen B View Post

You are a superior human being!

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

A-levels aren't exactly difficult qualifications to get, nor is much know-how required to gain one.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information