Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hindu sacrifice of 250,000 animals + Video (Graphic)

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Default Hindu sacrifice of 250,000 animals + Video (Graphic)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=532_1259211013

Cheers and protests as thousands of buffalo are decapitated at start of festival in Nepal honouring Hindu goddess Gadhimai

The world's biggest animal sacrifice began in Nepal today with the killing of the first of more than 250,000 animals as part of a Hindu festival in the village of Bariyapur, near the border with India.

The event, which happens every five years, began with the decapitation of thousands of buffalo, killed in honour of Gadhimai, a Hindu goddess of power.

With up to a million worshippers on the roads near the festival grounds, this year's fair seems more popular than ever, despite vocal protests from animals rights groups who have called for it to be banned. "It is the traditional way, " explained 45-year old Manoj Shah, a Nepali driver who has been attending the event since he was six, "If we want anything, and we come here with an offering to the goddess, within five years all our dreams will be fulfilled." .

Crowds thronged the roads and camped out in the open, wrapped in blankets against the cool mist. The festivities included a ferris wheel, fortune-telling robots and stalls broadcasting music and offering tea and sugary snacks.

As dawn broke, the fair officially opened with the sacrifice of two rats, two pigeons, a pig, a lamb and a rooster in the main temple, to cheers of "Long live Gadhimai" from spectators pushing against each other for a better view.

In the main event, 250 appointed residents with traditional kukri knives began their task of decapitating more than 10,000 buffalo in a dusty enclosure guarded by high walls and armed police.

Frightened calves galloped around in vain as the men, wearing red bandanas and armbands, pursued them and chopped off their heads. Banned from entering the animal pen, hundreds of visitors scrambled up the three-metre walls to catch a glimpse of the carnage.

The dead beasts will be sold to companies who will profit from the sale of the meat, bones and hide. Organisers will funnel the proceeds into development of the area, including the temple upkeep.

On the eve of the event, protesters made a final plea to organisers by cracking open coconuts in a nearby temple as a symbolic sacrifice. "It is cruel and inhumane. We've always been a superstitious country, but I don't think sacrifice has to be part of the Hindu religion," said the protest organiser, Pramada Shah.

The campaign has the support of the French actor Brigitte Bardot, who has petitioned the Nepalese prime minister, Madhav Kumar Nepal, about the issue. But the government, which donated £36,500 to the event, has shown no sign of discontinuing the centuries-old tradition. An attempt by the previous government to cut the budget for animal sacrifice provoked street protests.

Chandan Dev Chaudhary, a Hindu priest, said he was pleased with the festival's high turnout and insisted tradition had to be kept. "The goddess needs blood," he said. "Then that person can make his wishes come true."
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Life is good.
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-06-2022 @ 11:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto- Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American
    Ancestry
    English, Scots- Irish, Cajun French
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    I1- Z63
    mtDNA
    K2b1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn, Kelto- Nordid
    Politics
    Center
    Hero
    Martin Luther, Martin Chemnitz
    Religion
    Lutheran Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,664
    Given: 10,470

1 Not allowed!

Animal sacrifice in this day and age..well, at least a lot of hungry people were fed..

Last Online
    04-14-2011 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Krauty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    The campaign has the support of the French actor Brigitte Bardot, who has petitioned the Nepalese prime minister, Madhav Kumar Nepal, about the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Chandan Dev Chaudhary, a Hindu priest, said he was pleased with the festival's high turnout and insisted tradition had to be kept. "The goddess needs blood," he said. "Then that person can make his wishes come true."
    Why can't people this ignorant and dangerous be sacrificed instead?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2010 @ 05:56 PM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

1 Not allowed!

Well this is a drop on a burning stove...

Here in the Netherlands loads of sheep and goats are sacrificed in name of the Muslim religion.

And were not talking about a mere 25.000...

Last Online
    08-15-2018 @ 08:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalist / Ethnopluralist
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 726

0 Not allowed!

And Westerners stand above all this, I see. Everyone is very ahimsa in the West... Noone kills animals. LOL. We just sacrifice our own children, which is much better than what all these uncivilised folks are up to. :mmmm:
    Pigs can fly... in your face.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropos View Post
    And Westerners stand above all this, I see. Everyone is very ahimsa in the West... Noone kills animals. LOL. We just sacrifice our own children, which is much better than what all these uncivilised folks are up to. :mmmm:
    Westeners kill to eat, plain and simple...

Some other cultures (like muslims) kill animals in act of religion. I see a big difference between the two.
    Specially how the animal is killed.

Last Online
    04-07-2014 @ 07:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Corded
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Sleswig, Silesia, Rzeczpospolita
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Schleswig
    Y-DNA
    N1c
    Taxonomy
    Robust horseface with a touch of mong
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Patrick Bateman
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 92

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcvSS... View Post
    Westeners kill to eat, plain and simple...

Some other cultures (like muslims) kill animals in act of religion. I see a big difference between the two.
    As much as i dislike religion, i have to disagree - they are eaten anyway in the end, so there is no difference whatsoever.

Specially how the animal is killed.
    How do the wild animals kill their prey? Do you think they stun it or smth?

Banned
    Last Online
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    As much as i dislike religion, i have to disagree - they are eaten anyway in the end, so there is no difference whatsoever.
    Oh really?

I didn't know muslims made cow and pig food out the remains. Westerners do just that. Almost no part of the animal is not used.
    Ofcourse westerners kill more than needed, no where did I say otherwise.
    But in the end its all for food.

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    How do the wild animals kill their prey? Do you think they stun it or smth?
    We aren't discussing kills amongst wild animals and apart from that, an animal will make a kill swift and clean.

A tiger or wolf for instance will attack and snap the neck or throat a soon as possible. Thats because it hungry and its not for the pleasure of the kill nor killing for your god.

In the muslim religion its all about the way of the kill. No anastetic, draining the blood slowly, cutting the meat whilest the animal is gasping for its last breath.

Last Online
    02-15-2011 @ 11:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, mostly East Midlands.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Originally Posted by anonymaus
    Why can't people this ignorant and dangerous be sacrificed instead?
    Quite, I don’t agree with sacrificing animals….humans, now there’s an idea, a few hung in the name of Odin, fashion a spear and all…..hmmm.

"The goddess needs blood,"

Superstition is a senseless fear of God; religion, the pious worship of God.
    Cicero
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information