PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
What Your Fingerprints Say About You: The Link Between Fingerprints and Personality

Thread: What Your Fingerprints Say About You: The Link Between Fingerprints and Personality

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2020 @ 06:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Dragon
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    H6a1b
    Taxonomy
    Cro-Ho-Ho
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,583
    Given: 5,443

3 Not allowed!

Default What Your Fingerprints Say About You: The Link Between Fingerprints and Personality

Fingerprints Reveal More Than You Think

Fingerprints are uniquely our own, and are as singular as a snowflake. Formed in the womb, they are one of the few aspects of our physiology that remains unchanged throughout our lives. But did you know that lurking within the ridges on your finger tips are the secrets of your personality? Your fingerprints reveal who you are in more ways then one.

The Art of Fingerprint Reading

The art of studying fingerprints to determine personality traits has been practiced for thousands of years and is believed to have originated in India. As well as studying fingerprints, many practitioners also use foot and palm prints to ascertain information about a person's health and character.

Many palm readers use a combination of the lines and mounts on a person's palm as well as their fingerprints to discern a complete profile of the person they are dealing with. The type of fingerprint and which finger it is found on reveals a lot about the person.

There are three basic types of fingerprints, the loop, the whorl and the arch. The variations and finger placement reveal aspects of the holders personality. Most people have a combination of fingerprint types on each hand: for example a whirl fingerprint on the thumb and a looped finger print on the index finger.

Below are the three basic pattern types. The loop is the most common fingerprint pattern all over the world.

To identify the three patterns, note the ‘delta’, the point where lines from three directions come together. The whorl has two deltas, the loop has one (see bottom-left), and the arch has no delta at all.

The Loop

This is the most commonly seen type of fingerprint. People with looped fingerprints tend to be of average intelligence with a pleasant even tempered demeanor. They are quite happy to go with the flow and are generally content in life. They make excellent partners and employees and are comfortable following rather then leading.

The Whorl

The second most prevalent fingerprint is the whorl. Those who bare these fingerprints tend to be above average in intelligence, independent and have a dominant personality type. They would much rather lead then follow. Finger placement of the whirl is of the utmost importance as it reveals much about the personality. A whorl on the thumb reveals high intellect and a strong will. Whirls on both thumbs may indicate a controlling nature and an "iron will," or lack of flexibility. Someone who predominantly possesses whorls on their finger tips can be extremely intelligent, organized, exacting and controlling. A strong willed perfectionist.

A hand that has only one or two whorled fingerprints is very desirable as it shows a bright, organized mind without the desire for perfectionism.

The Arch

This fingerprint is seen less then the loop or the whirl and is said to be the sign of someone with an an analytical mind who is practical and cautious. They prefer traditional values and do not like change. People with numerous arches on their fingertips can be difficult to get along with as they are very set in their ways. A career with a high level of methodology and little surprise suits someone with these kind of prints.

The Tented Arch

The barer of this fingerprint shares the same character traits as those of the standard arch, but they tend to be more pronounced. Typically people with one or more of these fingerprints have an anxious and excitable disposition and are prone to anxiety disorders. Much depends on finger placement, for example a tented arch fingerprint found on the little finger, which is the finger that relates to communication and sexual tastes, may denote some speech peculiarities and perversions.

The Double Loop

This fingerprint is unusual and often the sign of someone with a duplicitous nature. Put quite simply, a liar. Con-artists and criminals often have this fingerprint. They can be emotionally unstable and difficult to be in a relationship with. That being said, those who bare this mark are known to be able to see both sides of an issue and also make good lawyers. Proceed with caution if you see this fingerprint on someone you plan on becoming involved with.

The Peacock Eye

This print is somewhat rare and looks like a typical looped fingerprint with a whirl in the center thus giving it the appearance of a peacock eye. It is thought to be the sign of someone with artistic talents, especially if seen on the ring finger which is said to connect with our creativity and inner self. It also signifies someone who is happy marching to the beat of their own drum and who may seem a little odd. It would not be unusual for the possessor of this fingerprint to have an unusual personal style and work in a creative field.

To see if you have an unusual or rare fingerprint, check which finger it is found on. For example, a radial loop is common on the index finger, but extremely rare on the little finger.

Uncommon fingerprint: less than 1 in 20 people have such a fingerprint.
    Rare fingerprint: less than 1 in 100 people have such a fingerprint.
    Extremely rare fingerprint: less than 1 in 1000 people have such a fingerprint.

In order from most common to most rare:
    =====================
    COMMON FINGERPRINTS:
    =====================
    1. Ulnar loop = a loop that comes from the pinky side of the hand
    - So common, it is quite rare NOT to have one!
    2. Whorl = a spiral pattern
    - Very common, especially on the thumb, index and ring fingers
    3. Radial loop = a loop that comes from the thumb side of the hand
    - Commonly found on index finger, uncommon on middle finger, rare on other fingers
    =====================
    UNCOMMON FINGERPRINTS:
    =====================
    4. Arch = most simple fingerprint, no loop patterns
    - Uncommon pattern on: all fingers, rare on little finger
    5. Double loop = two loops going in two directions, but is actually a type of whorl
    - Uncommon pattern on: all fingers except thumb, rare on ring and little fingers
    6. Peacock’s eye = a tiny whorl inside a loop
    - Uncommon pattern on: all fingers, most common on ring finger, rare on thumb.
    ===============
    RARE FINGERPRINTS:
    ===============
    7. Tented arch = arch pattern but horizontal ridges rising up high in the middle, creating a tent-like pattern. Note: the tented arch is often confused with a loop that looks like a tented arch. Look for any signs of a loop to check if it is a ‘real’ tented arch.
    - Rare on all fingers, extremely rare on thumb and little finger
    8. Accidental = anything else, such as horizontal rather than vertical loops
    - Rare on index finger, extremely rare on all other fingers

*Note that loops and whorls are quite common – so it would take about 4+ whorls to make you a ‘whorly’ person and 7+ loops to make you a ‘loopy’ person.

Fingerprints on your palm?

Do you have any fingerprints on your palm? Is it a loop inbetween two fingers? No? Congratulations, whatever it is automatically qualitifies as an uncommon palm pattern! One or more loops are usually found on the area of the palm between the fingers. The one between the ring finger and pinky is commonly called the ‘humor loop’, and between the ring and middle fingers is called the ‘loop of seriousness’ (draw your own conclusion about this one…but it refers to ‘type’ of humor rather than humor itself). A loop between the index and middle fingers is quite rare, and is a sign of royal lineage in Indian traditional palmistry. Some people also have loops or arches elsewhere, most commonly in the area around the base of the thumb. It is also quite common to have a loop on the side of the palm opposite the thumb, about halfway up, which is called a memory loop. A whorl print is very rare anywhere on the palm.

Fingerprints around the world

In some human populations whorls are more common, such as among aboriginal Australians, Eskimos and in some parts of Asia. Europeans tend to have more loops. Arches are more common among the Bushmen, Efe pygmies and oddly enough, the Dutch. Nevertheless, the order of commonness: loop -> whorl -> arch, is the same everywhere.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,480
    Given: 6,004

0 Not allowed!

I'm an Arch, I guess
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Dragon
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    H6a1b
    Taxonomy
    Cro-Ho-Ho
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanoftheBored View Post
    I'm an Arch, I guess
    You have arches only !? Because that's very unusual, especially since the arch is an uncommon type. Most people have combinations of several types. I for example counted 5 ulnar loops, 2 whorls, 2 double loops and 1 peacock eye.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,480
    Given: 6,004

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey Gorynych View Post
    You have arches only !? Because that's very unusual, especially since the arch is an uncommon type. Most people have combinations of several types. I for example counted 5 ulnar loops, 2 whorls, 2 double loops and 1 peacock eye.
    Haha, I should clarify: I noted an above-average amount of arch's, but of course, not only arches. That would just be goofy. Naw, oddly my thumbs are both whorls...and I noticed a couple loops as well. I was just at the time struck at the few arches I had too, with middle fingers being quite tented, at that.
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2014 @ 04:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Colombia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,628
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!

Is there any scientific papers supporting this?

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

Tough for me to tell, I think I might have both archs and loops...rare ones will turn out to be only on white people, like usual (who have supposedly least genetic variety). Can tell that's the case from the anxiety disorder link.

Would be interesting to see breakdown by race.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Dragon
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    H6a1b
    Taxonomy
    Cro-Ho-Ho
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    Tough for me to tell, I think I might have both archs and loops...rare ones will turn out to be only on white people, like usual (who have supposedly least genetic variety). Can tell that's the case from the anxiety disorder link.

Would be interesting to see breakdown by race.
    According to the articles I took this information from europeans tend to have more loops, while mongoloids and aboriginal australians have more whorls than europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusalem View Post
    Is there any scientific papers supporting this?
    There was no reference to a scientific study as far as the link between fingerprints and personality is concerned. The fingerprint pattern type though is a scientific finding and it is used in forensic science.
    Last edited by Zmey Gorynych; 03-01-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

2 Not allowed!

Loop and Double loop.

Last Online
    08-16-2018 @ 05:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,764
    Given: 294

2 Not allowed!

I have the peacock eye on my ring fingers, double loop on my thumbs and loops on all others.

Thread Information