06-26-2013 @ 10:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Svanhild View Post
    Don't assume that others will tolerate mendacity. My family had German citizens in Danzig and they told a different story.
    Danzig was not a part of interbellum Poland, unlike Upper Silesia. Policy towards Silesians and Mazurians was different, so before you accuse me of mendacity care to do your own bit of reasearch.

"The first mass movement of German civilians followed the Red Army's advance and was composed of both spontaneous flight driven by rumours of Soviet atrocities, and organised evacuation starting in the summer of 1944 and continuing through to the spring of 1945.[1] About 3.5 million people were involved, mainly driven by fear of the advancing Soviet Army.[1] In 1945, the eastern territories of Germany (most of Silesia and Pomerania, East Brandenburg, and East-Prussia) as well as Polish areas annexed by Nazi Germany (especially Warthegau and Reichsgau Danzig-West Prussia) were occupied by the Soviet Red Army and Polish military forces. Early expulsions in Poland were undertaken by the Polish Communist military authorities[2] even before the Potsdam Conference ("wild expulsions"),[3] to ensure the later integration into an ethnically homogeneous Poland[4] as envisioned by the Polish Communists.[5][6] Between seven hundred and eight hundred thousand Germans were affected.[1] Germans were defined as either Reichsdeutsche, people enlisted in 1st or 2nd Volksliste groups, and those of the 3rd group, who held German citizenship. About 1.1 million[7] German citizens of Slavic descent were "verified" as "autochtone" Poles,[8] 900,000 of whom natives of Upper Silesia and Masuria.[7] Of those, most were not expelled, yet hundreds of thousands emigrated to Germany after 1950, including most Masurians.[9]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_...r_World_War_II

The German population was driven out in a merciless and swift fashion and the Bierut decrees regulated the systematic expropriation of German property by Poles.
    Noone is denying the expulsions. But they were conducted by Soviet and Polish communists.

No one looked at a Volksliste.
    In the specific case of Silesia, which I was talking about, yes they did - read the article in the link.

If you was German you was outlawed, had to face grave criminal acts and had to leave your home and property.
    If you were German. In Silesia many people with some German ancestry were not classfied as "Germans" and were allowed to remain.

I don't have resentments against Poles but if gross falsehood is spoken I can't lean back and ignore it.
    And where do you see the gross flasehood?

Last Online
    03-24-2012 @ 08:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ancestry
    Poland, Germany
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

0 Not allowed!

My ancestors were not expelled, the emigrated earlier and obviously belonged to the “Ruhr Poles”:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhrpolen

Hi Jarl, good to see you alive after the punch-up!!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Klärchen View Post
    Hi Jarl, good to see you alive after the punch-up!!

haha! Thank you very much! It's good to have you around, again. Hope you've had a good Christmas.

Last Online
    03-24-2012 @ 08:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ancestry
    Poland, Germany
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl View Post
    haha! Thank you very much! It's good to have you around, again. Hope you've had a good Christmas.
    But I've been around all the time, where have you been?

Thanks, I visited some of my friends and ate up all their cake...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I've been popping in and out every now and then. But in general Ive visited some of my old friends in Poland and spent time with my family. Hah! I've had a good chocolate cake too two days ago!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information