Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Latinos & Americans; Amerindians/Native Americans do not look the same with and are not Asian.

Big Time Hustler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano
    Ethnicity
    Mexican National
    Country
    Mexico
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,180
    Given: 8,859

0 Not allowed!

Lord Protector of Spain, Septimania and Galicia Raikaswinžs's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-10-2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    National Escobarian Church
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 356

9 Not allowed!

Native americans have probably much more complex origins than the "mongoloids crossing the Bering straight 15k years ago". That is a simplification so wide that it probably is not a useful explanation.

Native americans did not arrive all at the same time and now we know they possibly arrived from more than one route. The Alaskan coastline is almost a certainty. Some argue that some groups may have arrived from the pacific (specially to central and south america) through navigating chains of islands, athols and archipielagos, of which there were many more when the sea levels were lower. Many of the Athols were probably Islands then, and many submerged areas would be high enough over sea level to be within easy reach. For all we know some may have even arrived from Europe in a similar way through the Atlantic. There's some evidence of that (even if weak) in the disparity of technology of Early native americans with the contemporary siberian groups while some technological overlap do exist with Northern Spanish/southern French mesolithic hunter-gatherers.

15.000 years ago humans were much more genetically unform anyway. Mutations such as blonde hair and blue eyes did not even exist back then. Even if all Amerind groups did cross at the same time from Siberia circa 15k ago it would still silly to determine that Amerinds descend from Mongoloids since Mongoloids themselves did not exist back them. It is more logical to think , even if we reduce it to genetical data and ignore cultural and phenotypical traits, that Most Amerindians and Most Siberians share a common ancestor that did not necessarily look phenotypically neither Cherokee nor Inuit or Japanese etc . This siberian ancestral group of humans was very likely directly related to the ancestral group of what we call today the caucasian/europid groups. After all, the biggest genetic diversity exists only in the African Continent, to the point that non african groups are much closer to east africans than east africans are related to west Africans. As of today this is the reason why the Out of Africa theory is still the most accepted in the international scientific community even if itself it is probably simplistic and incomplete.

I personally imagine these ice age far east humans looking something like the Aino of Japan. I also personally lean to think that while the Bering route was perhaps the most significant, other contributions from other routes are entirely possible.

Last Online
    04-05-2015 @ 11:13 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Ahiska/Karaim/Türkmen
    Ancestry
    Caucasus/Central Asia/Ukraine
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Khazar pride worldwide
    Hero
    Seraya Shapshal
    Religion
    Sunni Islam
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,867
    Given: 9,929

1 Not allowed!

Looks like i have cleaning to do here

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Ahiska/Karaim/Türkmen
    Ancestry
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Khazar pride worldwide
    Hero
    Seraya Shapshal
    Religion
    Sunni Islam
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Open again and this time no insults against Asians or anyother ethnicy/race/person

Last Online
    09-26-2015 @ 02:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Puerto Rican
    Ancestry
    Iberian (Spaniard), Native American (Taino), African (West African and North African [Guanche]).
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a2
    mtDNA
    C1b4
    Taxonomy
    fine as hell
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,925
    Given: 1,401

3 Not allowed!

Do any Latinos really claim Asian ancestry because of Native American ancestry? I would never. Being Native American is not a synonym for Asian. I feel like make .0001% of people claim to be Asian because of Native American blood. This seems like a thread aimed at a very small dumb minority.
    Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 Oracle-x ------------------ McDonald results
    Spanish_Galicia 43.35% ------------------ Spain - 42.3%
    North_Amerindian 14.83% -----------French - 19.9%
    Spanish_Extremadura 8.70% --------Maya - 16.1%
    Bantu_S.E. 8.62% ------------- Moroccan - 13.9%
    Algerian 5.98% --------------------- Yoruba - 7.8%
    Portuguese 4.68%
    Orcadian 4.15%

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Ahiska/Karaim/Türkmen
    Ancestry
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Khazar pride worldwide
    Hero
    Seraya Shapshal
    Religion
    Sunni Islam
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropico View Post
    Do any Latinos really claim Asian ancestry because of Native American ancestry? I would never. Being Native American is not a synonym for Asian. I feel like make .0001% of people claim to be Asian because of Native American blood. This seems like a thread aimed at a very small dumb minority.
    I also never heared that they claim to be asian.......

Lord Protector of Spain, Septimania and Galicia Raikaswinžs's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-10-2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    National Escobarian Church
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 356

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kataxu View Post
    tell that to your stupid turkish boyfriend who thinks portuguese and spanish is the same!

mexico is not the brasil
    Portuguese ans Spanish are the same, genetically and phenotypically. Ultimately the Western Italic languages ( Portuguese, Spanish, Asturian-Leonese, Aragonese, Catalan, Gascon, Provenēal, Gallo-Wallon, French...etc) are all intimately related (I prefer the term Italic dialects/languages than the term Low Latin since there's as much evidence to believe that Latin and Low latin languages were not the same to begin with. Latin was likely the language of the Lazio and other Italic groups spoke different yet related varieties of a Proto-Italic indo european branch. )

Portuguese and Spanish are even part of the same sub-sub-branch. Technically Spanish and Portuguese are more related than, let's say, Galician and Valencian even if Valencian/Catalan is much more easier (for Spaniards) to understand due to phonetical similarities.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropico View Post
    yeah, I do not understand this thread. I've been around many Latinos my whole life, first off, I really respect Latinos and I find them very easy to get along with, I've had many good and genuine Latino friends. But I have NEVER ONCE met a Latino who claimed Asian blood through Amerindian blood, of course we've had conversations where we stated that we are probably distant cousins because of the Siberian link but they weren't trying to claim to be an Asian. I don't know what Saludong's motive was, perhaps he was upset that Latinos rebuffed his threads claiming Filipinos were Hispanics?

Anyways, the origin of Native Americans is definitely a very interesting topic though. I've also been around many Native Americans consequently and none of them claim to be Asian, they strongly assert they are the native peoples of this continent and are the only REAL Americans.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ojįncanu View Post
    Native americans have probably much more complex origins than the "mongoloids crossing the Bering straight 15k years ago". That is a simplification so wide that it probably is not a useful explanation.

Native americans did not arrive all at the same time and now we know they possibly arrived from more than one route. The Alaskan coastline is almost a certainty. Some argue that some groups may have arrived from the pacific (specially to central and south america) through navigating chains of islands, athols and archipielagos, of which there were many more when the sea levels were lower. Many of the Athols were probably Islands then, and many submerged areas would be high enough over sea level to be within easy reach. For all we know some may have even arrived from Europe in a similar way through the Atlantic. There's some evidence of that (even if weak) in the disparity of technology of Early native americans with the contemporary siberian groups while some technological overlap do exist with Northern Spanish/southern French mesolithic hunter-gatherers.

15.000 years ago humans were much more genetically unform anyway. Mutations such as blonde hair and blue eyes did not even exist back then. Even if all Amerind groups did cross at the same time from Siberia circa 15k ago it would still silly to determine that Amerinds descend from Mongoloids since Mongoloids themselves did not exist back them. It is more logical to think , even if we reduce it to genetical data and ignore cultural and phenotypical traits, that Most Amerindians and Most Siberians share a common ancestor that did not necessarily look phenotypically neither Cherokee nor Inuit or Japanese etc . This siberian ancestral group of humans was very likely directly related to the ancestral group of what we call today the caucasian/europid groups. After all, the biggest genetic diversity exists only in the African Continent, to the point that non african groups are much closer to east africans than east africans are related to west Africans. As of today this is the reason why the Out of Africa theory is still the most accepted in the international scientific community even if itself it is probably simplistic and incomplete.

I personally imagine these ice age far east humans looking something like the Aino of Japan. I also personally lean to think that while the Bering route was perhaps the most significant, other contributions from other routes are entirely possible.
    I agree. We still know very little about the complex origins of the Native Americans and I think there were many waves of different groups, not just the simple one group crossing the Siberian theory. Native Americans are not monolithic and they are very diverse and different from one another.

Last Online
    08-05-2015 @ 03:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 538
    Given: 2,514

1 Not allowed!

They are clearly different people, Native Americans have higher nose bridges and bigger eyes than East Asians, as well as longer faces.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information