Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are the Welsh racist towards the English?

Banned
    Last Online
    08-09-2015 @ 11:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,700
    Given: 5,061

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Marowit View Post
    And rightfully so.
    Could your nose get any browner?

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthAsian View Post
    you mean brothers racist to each other?
    Man lost FIVE INCHES of his skull after horrific racist attack by Welsh thugs - because he was English
    WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
    Electrician says he was attacked by six thugs when they heard his Birmingham accent
    Had to have five-inch piece of his skull removed to reduce pressure on his swollen brain
    Will have to wait six months for a metal plate to replace the missing section of his caved-in skull
    By ANNA EDWARDS
    PUBLISHED: 12:12 GMT, 8 January 2013 | UPDATED: 19:59 GMT, 8 January 2013

A visitor to Wales was beaten so badly that he had to have part of his skull removed - and he believes he was the victim of an 'anti-English' attack.
    Paul Meehan, 27, has released horrific pictures which reveal how a huge five-inch section of his skull was removed following the assault which left him fighting for his life in hospital.
    Doctors had to perform extensive surgery to release the pressure on his swollen brain and then wrote 'no bone' on the tape around his head.

Electrician Paul, from London, was enjoying a night out on October 28 with his family in the Welsh capital Cardiff when he was attacked.
    He claims six thugs heard him speaking with an English accent and launched a brutal assault, punching and kicking him in the head before they left him lying in the street.

Paul grew up in Cardiff and had a slight Welsh accent when he was younger.
    But he moved to Birmingham in his late teens where he picked up the region's accent which his attackers heard.
    Paul was assaulted at a taxi rank after a night out with his fiance Laura Landeg, 22, and relatives in the Welsh capital.
    He said: 'It was an unprovoked attack - they heard my accent, it was nothing more than that.
    'I've always had a good time in Cardiff but I've been out before when this sort of thing has happened to other people.
    'It could have turned into a murder case quite easily which is scary to think about.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2wGi9ykUr

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Thugs slash horse's face in 'anti-English attack' in Wales
    A foal's face was slashed and anti-English graffiti daubed across a barn by thugs who failed to realise their targets were actually Welsh.
    The seven-month-old pony, called Hope, was left with a four-inch wound to her nose after vandals attacked her in a field in the west Wales countryside.
    They also sprayed graffiti written in Welsh slang, meaning "English out", across the barn door after mistaking Alison, 36, and David Hayes, 43, for an English couple.
    Scroll down for more...
    {2}
    The couple were both born and bred in Wales and decided to move to the countryside from Cardiff a year ago.
    They set up home in Cilgerran, near Cardigan, five months ago and bought eight acres of land intending to start their own riding school.
    Mrs Hayes said: "This is a Welsh-speaking area and they might have mistaken our Cardiff accents for English, that is all I can think.
    “This was an incredibly cruel thing to do. Hope is a beautiful, friendly animal and she was slashed across the face and mouth.
    “The motivation of these people was ridiculous and to take it out on an innocent horse was wicked.
    "Hope loved being around people but now I can't get near her. She is terrified."
    She added: “Everyone around here seemed to be so sweet. No-one had a bad word to say to us. But, obviously, not everyone has a welcome for us.
    “The fools who did this didn't even realise we were their fellow countrymen.”
    Dyfed-Powys Police are investigating the attack.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2wGjWMRzG

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Family attacked by Welsh yob for ‘being English’

SHOCKED: Paula and Lee Owen were subjected to racist abuse

A BOLTON family who were pelted with stones by a youth because they were English have said they will never return to the Welsh town where the attack took place.

Lee and Paula Owen, who live in Bennetts Lane, Halliwell, were on the sixth day of a holiday to celebrate their fourth wedding anniversary when they were subjected to racist abuse from a teenage hoodie.

The 16-year-old youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, threw rocks and stones at the family as they waited for a train in the small town of Blaenau Ffestiniog.

One rock hit Mrs Owen on her arm and narrowly missed the couple’s daughter, Katie, aged two.

Mr Owen, who is part-Welsh, and his son, Charlie, aged 14, chased the youth and even tried to take a picture of him with a mobile phone. However, the teenager covered his face with the hooded jacket he was wearing.

Mrs Owen, aged 37, said: “I was shocked and horrified. I now know how ethnic minorities feel when they are subjected to racial abuse.

“I was in fear for my daughter because the rock missed her by inches. I was also worried about my husband and son because they chased after him. Anything could have happened.”

Mrs Owen, who works at the DRL call centre in Bolton, was taken to hospital in Bangor for x-rays after the attack and treated for a badly bruised arm.

She wore a sling for two days and the family cut short their holiday to return to Bolton.

She added: “I actually thought the boy had taken something but I was told that his behaviour was normal.

“It was an anniversary I will never forget but for all the wrong reasons. It has made me quite wary of hoodies. If that was my son behaving that way, I would be mortified. It is bad enough when you get a phone call from school, saying he hasn’t done his homework.”
    http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/...ng_English___/

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Scotland, & Wales
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I-M223, R-L48
    mtDNA
    H27, V4
    Taxonomy
    Celtic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,213
    Given: 5,756

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    Thugs slash horse's face in 'anti-English attack' in Wales
    A foal's face was slashed and anti-English graffiti daubed across a barn by thugs who failed to realise their targets were actually Welsh.
    The seven-month-old pony, called Hope, was left with a four-inch wound to her nose after vandals attacked her in a field in the west Wales countryside.
    They also sprayed graffiti written in Welsh slang, meaning "English out", across the barn door after mistaking Alison, 36, and David Hayes, 43, for an English couple.
    Scroll down for more...
    {2}
    The couple were both born and bred in Wales and decided to move to the countryside from Cardiff a year ago.
    They set up home in Cilgerran, near Cardigan, five months ago and bought eight acres of land intending to start their own riding school.
    Mrs Hayes said: "This is a Welsh-speaking area and they might have mistaken our Cardiff accents for English, that is all I can think.
    “This was an incredibly cruel thing to do. Hope is a beautiful, friendly animal and she was slashed across the face and mouth.
    “The motivation of these people was ridiculous and to take it out on an innocent horse was wicked.
    "Hope loved being around people but now I can't get near her. She is terrified."
    She added: “Everyone around here seemed to be so sweet. No-one had a bad word to say to us. But, obviously, not everyone has a welcome for us.
    “The fools who did this didn't even realise we were their fellow countrymen.”
    Dyfed-Powys Police are investigating the attack.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2wGjWMRzG
    How could anyone do that? It's bad enough targeting people, but animals? Some kind of evil. There are people like that everywhere though.

I've personally never experienced racism in Wales, nor witnessed it in England against the Welsh, beyond friendly teasing. I guess it must happen though.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,707
    Given: 5,850

0 Not allowed!

Only the ones that like to burn down cottages.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-08-2015 @ 01:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    FFFF
    Country
    Adyghea
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,724
    Given: 2,012

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Panormus View Post
    My girlfriend always says that English people are really racist against Welsh ....they are considered peasants
    Is that really racist? I consider people from other parts of Finland as peasants too.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

A few years ago, a welsh man told my dad' to fuck off back home then'.. Because my dad said their chippies are poor compared to our ones, in a Cardiff chip shop. Chippy war.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Scotland, & Wales
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I-M223, R-L48
    mtDNA
    H27, V4
    Taxonomy
    Celtic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,213
    Given: 5,756

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    A few years ago, a welsh man told my dad' to fuck off back home then'.. Because my dad said their chiippies are poor compared to our ones, in a Cardiff chip shop. Chippy war.
    Serious stuff! He was lucky he wasn't lynched.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkin View Post
    Serious stuff! He was lucky he wasn't lynched.
    The Welsh are pansies. Bunch o' softies. ( in no way, am I bitter about the recent rugby gubbin' )

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information