AM/CM
    Politics
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default 2010 : The Year We Make Contact

Just to make those who have good memories from the 80's (tricenarians like me and above) to feel old... ancient...

I saw this good film in the 80's when I was a kid. 2010 seemed so distant to me back then. It looked like an eternity far away in some sophisticated distant century that would take an infinity to arrive.

Well folks, 2010 is just... tomorrow. For those who are all under 20: I remember how each year seemed like an era, but once you pass the 20-25 zone, time will eat your years with more and more voracity. Enjoy life, carefully.

Happy New Year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	248525.1020.A.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	3484  

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by December View Post
    Just to make those who have good memories from the 80's (tricenarians like me and above) to feel old... ancient...
    You know, and I am an avid Sci-Fi fan, but I have no idea of what this film is about nor what it is like.

Can you provide a good trailer for it? All I seem to get is cheesy rave crap on Youtube.

For those who are all under 20: I remember how each year seemed like an era, but once you pass the 20-25 zone, time will eat your years with more and more voracity. Enjoy life, carefully.
    Time was once on my side. Now it is a cancer. I presume this is what they mean by arsehole 30 year olds. Everything seems doomed and I am far to melancholic to appreciate it all.

Happy New Year!
    A good one to you and yours, Dvx.

Last Online
    01-30-2010 @ 07:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romanized Southwestern Keltoi
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Celtici, Conii, Lusitani
    Country
    Portugal
    Taxonomy
    AM/CM
    Politics
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Thank you! To be honest, I don't watch it since I was... 8 or 9 years' old? Something like that. I remember I liked it a lot. I'm always afraid of having bad surprises when I get back to those old movies like "hmm... not as good as I remembered"...

When I recently saw some episodes of Battlestar Galactica and Space 1999, I had a great disappointment. Damn... That's why I'm afraid of seeing V (tv series) now. Maybe I'll choose to keep a good memory of it.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

I'm always afraid of having bad surprises when I get back to those old movies like "hmm... not as good as I remembered"...
    Say no more, me old mucker. Currently the boy is hooked on Transformers, He-Man and bloody Bratz (*sigh* I know, don't say anything) and sitting down and watching the old He-Man episodes and specials brings back both fond memories I wish I could relive, and realisation of why exactly my Dad never sat down and watched the cartoons with me: They are truly horrendous.

I spend most of my time tutting at the blatant re-use of background animation and stock sequences

Transformers is still shit hot though. Any film with Orson Welles' voice has to be expected to last a lifetime or two.

When I recently saw some episodes of Battlestar Galactica and Space 1999, I had a great disappointment. Damn... That's why I'm afraid of seeing V (tv series) now. Maybe I'll choose to keep a good memory of it.
    Ooh! Say no more. I was doing a grand impression of Twiki the other day to my kids, and thought I should explain myself to the better half to dispel the odd looks. Well, suffice to say I became engrossed in the series again and thought what a load of rubbish the sci-fi was back in those days.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69

0 Not allowed!

Well folks, 2010 is just... tomorrow. For those who are all under 20: I remember how each year seemed like an era, but once you pass the 20-25 zone, time will eat your years with more and more voracity. Enjoy life, carefully.
    I'm 34, although it was just last week that I turned 30.

Happy New Year!
    Yep, the same to everyone from me too. When I was a kid I didn't think we'd make it this far. That alone should be a cause for celebration methinks.

Thread Information