Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    En cualquier caso, teniendo en cuenta por dónde viene la mano de éste hilo, se con certeza que es mejor invertir confianza en alguien capaz de hacerle frente a uno antes que en alguien que a lo mucho que aspira es a vivir de adulaciones. Digo, que, en ciertas situaciones, es más útil alguien con los pies en la tierra que alguien que te esté intentando lametear en donde no da el sol.

What? I can only understand barely half that paragraph. And please kindly explain to me the phrase "que te esté intentando lametear en donde no da el sol" the phrase is a Spanish figure of speech I have trouble understanding.

Yes, I can get the sense of your paragraph except the last phrase which leaves me stumped.

Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 10:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic.
    Ethnicity
    Iberian/French/Native.
    Ancestry
    60% Spaniard, 25% French, 15% Native American (Guesstimated)
    Country
    Mexico
    Region
    Castilla
    mtDNA
    C
    Taxonomy
    "Atlantid/Atlantomediterranid and Cromagnid with a possible Alpinoid tendency".-Agrippa-
    Politics
    Center Left.
    Hero
    Francisco Vazquez de Coronado.
    Religion
    Catholic.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,637
    Given: 12,702

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Saludong View Post
    I wasn't I was really a Latino-phone as we'll as a Hispano-phone before I joined this board. Then I saw the blatant "casta" mentality Latinos have over each other and against Azns so, I became Anti-Latino. Although I was an avid Latino-fan beforehand.
    Dude I donno what posts you have been reading but we have said over and over that the caste sistem is archaic and hasn't been in use anymore for the last 200 years, you got stuck in the XIX century...

We only make some references to it when we talk about phenotypes and what would those phnenotypes match in accordance to that system of castes, we have also stated that IRL no one uses those caste or race definitions and actually the 95% of the day to day ppl woudnt even know what we are talking about, it is only for the phenotypical classification to this board.

You're so mango!!!.

The Battle of San Pasqual was a military encounter that occurred during the Mexican-American War in what is now the San Pasqual Valley community of the city of San Diego, California. On December 6 and December 7, 1846, the Californios, and their Presidial Lancers, led by General Don Andres Pico, (1810-1876), defeated Stephen W. Kearny´s US Army column of 150 men.

Last Online
    08-20-2015 @ 07:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Qwerty
    Country
    Bhutan
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 771
    Given: 1,758

1 Not allowed!

Ungrateful that Spain got invaded by France so now their King was French?

Last Online
    01-28-2021 @ 04:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 161

0 Not allowed!

At which point I will now acknowledge the Faithful and True nations that stuck it out to the very end.

The Deep Blue: Faithful and True

At the end of the tsunami of ingratitude and rebellion the horde of Latinos have inflicted on the motherland, only two captaincies were faithful and true until the very end.

Cuba-Puerto Rico and the Philippines
    You know, this is kind of ironic (your opinion), considering that during WW2 Fulgencio Batista, president of Cuba, said to FDR, president of USA, that Cuba would give full support for the US invasion of fascist Spain.

http://content.time.com/time/magazin...802544,00.html

Big Time Hustler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano
    Ethnicity
    Mexican National
    Country
    Mexico
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,180
    Given: 8,859

5 Not allowed!

This is a list of the most rebellious and disloyal Hispanic countries.
    They are ranked from the most ungrateful to the crown to the least.

LIST OF REBELS AND INGRATES

1. Venezuela

The Venezuelan independence movement of July 5, 1811 was the precursor for most Latin-American independence movements. For being the first to rebel, they have the most horrendous mark of being the most ingrate and disloyal of the nations born from Hispania.

2. Mexico

If Venezuela takes the cake for the first rebellion, Mexico takes the cake for the ultimate betrayal. Spain lavished Mexico with all its investments and the bulk of it's civilizing efforts were concentrated in Mexico. It was Spain's largest Vice-royalty and richest colony. Mexico's 1813 act of rebellion is like a favored son stabbing his father in the back.

3. Argentina-Uruguay-Bolivia

The united provinces of the former Vice-royalty of Rio de Plata; Uruguay, Argentina and Bolivia declared independence on July 9, 1816. This is the most Carte-blanche of the rebellions against the crown, in that, 3 countries were formed after their declaration of independence.

4. Chile

The February 12, 1818 declaration of independence by Chile against Spain marked the unraveling of the Spanish empire. From that point on-wards all you den of rebels began to connive against the motherland with all your might.

5. Gran Colombia (Includes: Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guyana, Nicaragua and Panama)

The 1819 congress at Colombia is another mark of betrayal against the crown. However, rebels will always be rebels. After Gran Colombia rebelled against Spain it's constituent provinces also rebelled against each other and thus Gran Colombia was split into lesser states.

6. Peru

The July 28, 1821 declaration of independence of Peru by José de San Martín marked the end of Spanish civilization in the mainland Americas. Peru, which was formerly a royalist stronghold fell to a bunch of rebels due to the greed of the local elite.

In conclusion: Spain had done a monumental service to these countries by giving them a Christian religion, a common tongue and their Criollo or Mestizo ancestry which they love to parade around and argue over with modern day Latinos, holding pissing contests over who has the most Blanco ancestry over Amerindio or Negro peoples they have enslaved while the blancos themselves are notorious for disowning their own homeland just so that their obscure fiefdom can be considered a country. This smacks of not only ingratitude to the motherland, Spain, but also of the greed of local elites who would rather prefer to rule over their very own country than to be loyal to the crown or their very own homeland. At which point I will now acknowledge the Faithful and True nations that stuck it out to the very end.

The Deep Blue: Faithful and True

At the end of the tsunami of ingratitude and rebellion the horde of Latinos have inflicted on the motherland, only two captaincies were faithful and true until the very end.

Cuba-Puerto Rico and the Philippines

It's ironic how the most war-torn and battered provinces of the empire turned out to be the most loyal...

In the majority of it's history: Cuba had to contend with multiple pirates like Francis Drake or armies like the French Army repeatedly destroying Havana. Their loyalty to Spain, repeatedly paid for, for by their blood. The wealth of Mexico (While it was a Vice-royalty) was due in part to the sacrifice of Cubans, who served as a military buffer to the Pirates and Navies which repeatedly scour and wreck the Caribbean, of which Puerto Rico served as the military garrison guarding the entrance to the Caribbean. While the Criollos of Mexico and Argentina are plotting ways to rebel against the nation they owe their existence to (Spain), Cubans have been shielding your increasingly wealthy provinces from the brunt of Britain's or France's jealousy and ire.

The Philippine experience, in a way, mirrors that of Cuba. Although, the majority of emigres' who came to the Philippines weren't pure Spaniards but mestizos or mulattoes from Peru or Mexico, they were more loyal to the motherland than the Criollo ingrates who declared independence. The Philippines' experience mirrors that of Cuba's in that the place had also borne the brunt of many wars. A crusade was being waged between the Hispanics against the Muslim Sultanates in the South as well constant vigilance was applied due to the danger of Chinese pirates plying the waters to the North and then there was the constant danger of British machinations threatening us. As was the case when Britain used it's Indian soldiers and its own officers to burn Manila down; during the British Occupation of Manila, lead by the Drake family. Francis Drake who was terror of Havana had a descendant, Dawson Drake, who was the terror of Manila. However, like Havana, Manila repulsed the feared "El Draco".

Anyway, while your brothers, bled in Cuba and the Philippines, to militantly maintain your peace and your prosperity. You used your prosperity to rebel against Pax Hispania. It is this ingratitude and rebelliousness which I seek to point out...

Now, today; things are different, in that we have all moved on from this episode. However, you can still detect this latent rebelliousness among Latinos in the present moment. If you look around you and observe the the gangs, the narcotics-syndicates and the death-squads that are a staple of Latin-American society...

From the Shining Path of Peru to the organized crime in California, run by the drug-lords of Mexico. This "rebellious streak" and propensity for disloyalty shows it ugly head everywhere you go and is partly responsible for the high-crime around Latin-America.

I suggest that Latinos replace this culture of rebellion with a culture of respect, chivalry and loyalty.

Spoiler!

I believe that witht the right mind-set Latin America can change for the better.

Stop the madness, son. Not even the Spaniards come up with such moronic thoughts.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-17-2018 @ 04:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mare
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,783
    Given: 2,629

3 Not allowed!

Why are you calling them disloyal and ungrateful for seeking independence?

I don't think hispanics view Spain as their homeland at all. Being a colony is tirosome for most people, independece is usually just a question of time unless the territory is too small and depopulated and thus too impotent to achieve independency.

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

4 Not allowed!

I was sure your OP was going to end with something like "thats why filipinas is better" ...and it did...

Anyway i dont get why u think being a house negro is cool

Last Online
    02-25-2020 @ 04:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ignorant
    Ancestry
    Nobody cares.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kansas
    Taxonomy
    Ignorant
    Politics
    Unaffiliated
    Religion
    Non religious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,443
    Given: 2,251

5 Not allowed!

Ungrateful? You mean Latin America was not happy that Spain was just giving back a little bit if all the gold that had been taken from the land. Let's not forget that the kids born to Spanish parents were not considered Spanish and were of lower status than the Spanish born, let's not even mention the Mestizo that were considered second class citizen. After independence all casts and separation by race went away.
    Besides, that was hundreds of years ago and today nobody thinks of Spain as the mother land. In fact, Spain is just another European country. The fact that some of us have a lot of Iberian ancestry that dates back to hundreds of years does not makes us Spanish, our ancestors were separated from Spain a long time ago, even before independence.
    "I don't dislike you, I simple don't care!"

Last Online
    02-25-2020 @ 04:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ignorant
    Ancestry
    Nobody cares.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kansas
    Taxonomy
    Ignorant
    Politics
    Unaffiliated
    Religion
    Non religious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,443
    Given: 2,251

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cmv88 View Post
    I was sure your OP was going to end with something like "thats why filipinas is better" ...and it did...

Anyway i dont get why u think being a house negro is cool
    That's because Filipinos are boot-lickers. I experienced that first hand when I was in the Navy, there were lots of Filipinos there. They are no longer loyal to Spain, in fact, I learned that their grandparents spoke Spanish, but refused to teach it to their kids. Latin America at least speaks the language, they are loyal to the US now.
    "I don't dislike you, I simple don't care!"

Last Online
    08-20-2015 @ 07:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Qwerty
    Country
    Bhutan
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 771
    Given: 1,758

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cppman View Post
    Let's not forget that the kids born to Spanish parents were not considered Spanish and were of lower status than the Spanish born, let's not even mention the Mestizo that were considered second class citizen.
    Yeh...I wonder how they would treat a Filipino in Spain then and today...surely like he was King Juan Carlos himself.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information