Thread: Why does it seem like the Casta Mentality is so wide-spread in Latin-America?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

0 Not allowed!

Question Why does it seem like the Casta Mentality is so wide-spread in Latin-America?

Every time I look at people posting videos and pictures of different classes in Latin-American society; I see people segregating groups into racial profiles with pure Europeans being the richest, followed by Mestizos and then Amerindios with Africanos at the bottom-rung of the race ladder. This isn't only true here, but almost in every Latin-American forum or chat-room I visit.

What sort of sorcery is this? Why haven't you guys still cast-off the Casta system in your thinking?

Todo aquél que ama es un guerrero. Feral's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-13-2023 @ 01:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feral warrior caste.
    Ethnicity
    Latinoamericano Argentino.
    Ancestry
    HAR1F
    Country
    Argentina
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Amerindio + CM?.
    Politics
    Corpus Callosum.
    Religion
    Non-dogmatic virtue ethicist.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,105
    Given: 2,036

0 Not allowed!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 10:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic.
    Ethnicity
    Iberian/French/Native.
    Ancestry
    60% Spaniard, 25% French, 15% Native American (Guesstimated)
    Country
    Mexico
    Region
    Castilla
    mtDNA
    C
    Taxonomy
    "Atlantid/Atlantomediterranid and Cromagnid with a possible Alpinoid tendency".-Agrippa-
    Politics
    Center Left.
    Hero
    Francisco Vazquez de Coronado.
    Religion
    Catholic.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,637
    Given: 12,702

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Saludong View Post
    Every time I look at people posting videos and pictures of different classes in Latin-American society; I see people segregating groups into racial profiles with pure Europeans being the richest, followed by Mestizos and then Amerindios with Africanos at the bottom-rung of the race ladder. This isn't only true here, but almost in every Latin-American forum or chat-room I visit.

What sort of sorcery is this? Why haven't you guys still cast-off the Casta system in your thinking?
    A SORT OF SOCIETY THAT TAKES PLACE ONLY IN THE IMAGINATION OF SOME ANTHRO FORUM POSTERS.

The Battle of San Pasqual was a military encounter that occurred during the Mexican-American War in what is now the San Pasqual Valley community of the city of San Diego, California. On December 6 and December 7, 1846, the Californios, and their Presidial Lancers, led by General Don Andres Pico, (1810-1876), defeated Stephen W. Kearny´s US Army column of 150 men.

Big Time Hustler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano
    Ethnicity
    Mexican National
    Country
    Mexico
    Region