Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,998
    Given: 45,081

6 Not allowed!

The article certainly does not apply to me. I became an atheist due to cool, rational inquiry / logical reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    Most atheists are pedophiles or other scum who hate god because they feel god hates them because of their flaws. I say that in all seriousness, but wth the caveat that simple disbelief is not the same as atheists who constantly rail against god.
    What the ... ???
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    01-30-2021 @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Great Britain
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,131
    Given: 4,234

3 Not allowed!

I became an atheist because I read a Quran.

Last Online
    11-12-2014 @ 03:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    dark meat
    Country
    Italy
    Taxonomy
    nordid
    Religion
    pastafarianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 1,615

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Also View Post
    That is actually a compelling argument although it took me time to realize that. Anyway, there is a series of classical arguments for theism that goes much beyond that, look up for them.
    I don't believe that it really is. Obviously some THING created all of this. Some force. I can't say "natural" as opposed to "super natural", because even what we perceive as "beyond" the natural world is existing within in.

It just doesn't have to be a sentient force, nor does it have to even be human. There is simply no concrete evidence that isn't man-made to support any of these beliefs.

It can't be rationalized by a rational human mind because the pictures painted are of a self-aware humanoid being, existing outside of time and space for all eternity, having created everything randomly for no reason at some point in the eternal vastness of timelessness and spacelessness. Is this not incomprehensible to a mortal man who is, much like everything else in existence, bound by time and space?

I think that life itself and existence is one big mind fuck, but maybe that's just me. I think that the most intelligent kind of person is one who knows that they don't have all of the answers. Probably not even half of the answers they're looking for. It doesn't matter, our beliefs will never really be tested for validity, when you're dead, either you end up in front of the pearly gates, or you'll have never existed, in the blink of an eye.

I reckon Religion's got to be one of the most archaic (yet ingenious) mind control tactics snowballed into some universal lie that people have actually come to believe. And it's done us some good, and some bad. I don't hate religion. I actually do have some emotional attachment to Catholicism, though I'm a non-practicing Catholic at best.

Last Online
    08-29-2017 @ 02:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    St Albans
    Religion
    Blasphemy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

God is supposed to be omnipotent. If He is omnipotent, then He can create a rock so big that He can't pick it up. If He cannot make a rock like this, then He is not omnipotent. If He can make a rock so big He can't pick it up, then He isn't omnipotent either. Either way demonstrates that God cannot do something. Therefore God is not omnipotent. Therefore God does not exist.

I just proved that god does not exist now will you be my pussycat raine
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen B View Post

You are a superior human being!

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xhondoe View Post
    God is supposed to be omnipotent. If He is omnipotent, then He can create a rock so big that He can't pick it up. If He cannot make a rock like this, then He is not omnipotent. If He can make a rock so big He can't pick it up, then He isn't omnipotent either. Either way demonstrates that God cannot do something. Therefore God is not omnipotent. Therefore God does not exist.

Can god make a troll so good he would be fooled? lolol
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Last Online
    08-29-2017 @ 02:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    St Albans
    Religion
    Blasphemy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 40

1 Not allowed!

top atheist countries in europe are sweeden france ,norway,netherlands ,denmark,finland .these countries enjoy the highest standart of living and democracy.
    Atheist beilive in science and are not a religion its the absence of religion .Science is the salvation and survival of humanity,religion cant cure diseases ,cant feed the poor,cant make us happy and prosperous,Everything in the world works by mathematics,If God has send us a book that book is mathematics and is not written in a paper it is written in our mind.
    Thats why people reached the same conclusions in mathematics during history although they never met with each other,in math people searcht the truth in religion people search a prison to the mind.

Religion is cancer to humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen B View Post

You are a superior human being!

Last Online
    09-28-2023 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pilot
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Trondheim
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    U5a1b1
    Taxonomy
    Nordid - Borreby
    Politics
    "Right wing extremist"
    Hero
    Erich Hartmann; Hans-Ulrich Rudel; Wernher von Braun; Charles Lindbergh
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,252
    Given: 3,832

4 Not allowed!

Agnosticism is the only logical belief system. We don't know anything when it comes to the idea of a higher power. I neither reject nor accept the existence of a deity.

Last Online
    11-12-2014 @ 03:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    dark meat
    Country
    Italy
    Taxonomy
    nordid
    Religion
    pastafarianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 1,615

0 Not allowed!

top atheist countries in europe are sweeden france ,norway,netherlands ,denmark,finland .these countries enjoy the highest standart of living and democracy.
    Gotta love my ancestral home lands. I don't think that anyone can really talk shit about a place like Sweden or Norway, if anything nobody knows jack shit about them. They're the best kept secret ever that you wish you could share with everyone, basically. But lots of people are too stupid to care. Same with most really awesome, beautiful music and art and literature. Their loss, I suppose.

I know a fellow Norsk-Americansk whom had a conversation with me about religion. Brought up a question regarding myself as a religious person in conversation, and I was basically forced to politely let him know that I'm currently not practicing a religion. He doesn't treat me like a satanist or anything now, but his initial (subtle) reaction was quite funny to me. He was surely taken aback.

The irony, which I think I'd told him, was/is that Norway's probably as Atheistic as Sweden and that is an ongoing gradual theistic population shift. His fellow Scandinavians can't be all evil, can they.. They have some of if not THE lowest crime rates in the world.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-17-2018 @ 04:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mare
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,783
    Given: 2,629

3 Not allowed!

Because God is omnipotent a rock that can't be picked is a senseless object, you can't assume both things. If there is an omnipotent being the notion of an unpickable rock is senseless, conversely if you assume there can be an unpickable rock then it is implicitly assumed there isn't an omnipotent being. All omnipotence paradoxes are just a matter of petitio principii (begging the question), to even assume that to talk about an unpickable rock makes sense you are already assuming there is no omnipotent being. And because this becomes a senseless object this is akin to asking "can God create a senseless object? Can God create a square circle or a square with twelve sides?".

When you start with a set of premisses and you reach a contradiction then at least one of your premisses must go, if you are using a single premisse then this one must go, but here you are assuming two premisses, the contradiction you reach simply means that the existence of an omnipotent being and an unpickable rock contradict each other, but it can just means that an unpickable rock can't exist not necessarily that God doesn't.

If you look at academic journals of philosophy of religion where people who are professionaly corcerned with arguments pro and against the existence of God writes the omnipotence paradox never comes up as a serious objection to God's existence. It's clear to them this is just very silly but it remains common in a popular level.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 07:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Doggatronix Rex
    Ethnicity
    alien
    Ancestry
    DadsMTDNA-rare bantu. X chromosome- Llama peoples.iberian & gallician fags. Berbers & canarians
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    Neolithic eastern mediterranean
    mtDNA
    Noble natives
    Hero
    RossFractal(wise bearded one) https://s2.postimg.org/6uxdm1czd/bandicam_2017-08-05_01-21-16-584.jpg
    Religion
    Infidel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,848
    Given: 3,647

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    Most atheists are pedophiles or other scum who hate god because they feel god hates them because of their flaws. I say that in all seriousness, but wth the caveat that simple disbelief is not the same as atheists who constantly rail against god.
    Not true, God is evil, but just because the people warship him doesn't mean they are evil. Just deceived.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information