"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2015 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2c (descendent of noble Taronites family by STRs)
    mtDNA
    H76 (unknown...)
    Taxonomy
    A Dinarid is watching you
    Religion
    Spartan Greek Goddess Linet
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,008
    Given: 4,802

3 Not allowed!

Default Wallace Clan

So apparently I'm I2c, I've been doing research and this is the oldest paleolithic haplogroup still left (or say discovered) in Europeans.

It's found in minuscule amounts from Scotland, to the Caucasus mountains where it seems to be only present in Georgian and Armenian royal and nobel family. My discovery moves another possible home in the dinaric alps. It's also found in isolated mountaineers in Switzerland, and islanders of Crete. It's diffuse spread suggests it's rise and maturation was thousands of years ago, and gradually since has been replaced by people who discovered agriculture, experienced population booms, and had mutations in their haplogroup. See here in my thread: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...10#post2661010

The one clan that has it in Scotland is the Wallace Clan. I want to know everything about these ubermenschen who not only share my haplogroup, the oldest haplogroup of Europe found wherever mountains as there it could only survive (Swiss Alps, Caucuses Alps, Scottish Alps, Dinaric Alps, and mountainous isolated island of Crete).

How did they live, how they organize, how eminent are they in Scotland?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,710
    Given: 5,851

2 Not allowed!

There from Lowland South West Scotland, round Ayrshire. Not prominent say like the Douglas clan. Mostly famous for Sir William Wallace. Wallace means Welshmen have heard.

Communism Is So Bourgeois
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 07:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celto-Judean
    Ethnicity
    Scythian-Jewish, Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Ashkenazi + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Y-DNA
    Q1b Scythian/Khazar (Indigenous Central-Asian)
    mtDNA
    U5b2a3 Mesolithic European (Indigenous European)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    كافر
    Hero
    Charles Martel, Winston Churchill, Fjordman, Allen West & Robert Spencer
    Religion
    Jewishish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,012
    Given: 11,416

1 Not allowed!

Braveheart is a fictionalised film about William Wallace. They're probably of Welsh origin.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_(surname)
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2015 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2c (descendent of noble Taronites family by STRs)
    mtDNA
    H76 (unknown...)
    Taxonomy
    A Dinarid is watching you
    Religion
    Spartan Greek Goddess Linet
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,008
    Given: 4,802

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    There from Lowland South West Scotland, round Ayrshire. Not prominent say like the Douglas clan. Mostly famous for Sir William Wallace. Wallace means Welshmen have heard.
    I know Sir William Wallace inspired movie Braveheart though I don't know how historic it is. It's one of my favorite movies of all time though.

Do the Wallace have legend they came from anywhere else but Ayrshire or are they firmly tied to the land since memory has been passed from generation to generation?

How are they viewed by other clans? Do they have reputation for bravery, immoral, in honorable?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up

5 Not allowed!

It's not that ficitionalised. It's like half truth.

This episode explains Wallace others around this time in our History.

Communism Is So Bourgeois
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 07:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celto-Judean
    Ethnicity
    Scythian-Jewish, Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Ashkenazi + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Y-DNA
    Q1b Scythian/Khazar (Indigenous Central-Asian)
    mtDNA
    U5b2a3 Mesolithic European (Indigenous European)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    كافر
    Hero
    Charles Martel, Winston Churchill, Fjordman, Allen West & Robert Spencer
    Religion
    Jewishish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,012
    Given: 11,416

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Dusan View Post
    I know Sir William Wallace inspired movie Braveheart though I don't know how historic it is. It's one of my favorite movies of all time though.

Do the Wallace have legend they came from anywhere else but Ayrshire or are they firmly tied to the land since memory has been passed from generation to generation?

How are they viewed by other clans? Do they have reputation for bravery, immoral, in honorable?
    Yes, the name means foreigner. They are assumed to be Welsh but maybe they're Serbian Sarmatian Übermenschen?
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Wallace has always been a part of Scots Natonalism. We even built this monument to him in the 19th Century.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-24-2015 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Durham City
    Hero
    Melonhead the Messiah
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,480
    Given: 1,373

3 Not allowed!

You know, I think all of us pastoral highland people are related, doesn't matter if it's the Balkans, Scotland, or Carpathians. All are basically the complete opposite of sedentary lowland farmers.

I would look at his involvement in the war first, because it's the most interesting to start with:

The second attempt to assume control of Scotland by promoting a weakling king to the throne, and then running roughshod over the country, was thwarted by William Wallace, a commoner who refused to submit to the indignities of servitude to the English.

When the young queen of Scotland, known as the 'Maid of Norway' died, there was no direct heir to the Scottish throne. Edward I, the English king was quick to promote the cause of John Balliol, and just as quickly demanded he do homage to the English King for all the lands in Scotland, which no Scottish king had ever submitted to before. Balliol paid homage, but refused to provide soldiers to help Edward fight France, since Scotland was a long-time ally of France. Using Balliol's refusal as justification, Edward campaigned in Scotland, first reducing the fortress at Berwick-on-Tweed, and then defeating a large Scottish army at Dunbar. After these smashing victories, Edward experienced little further resistance, and much of the country submitted without further bloodshed. The English governors imposed on the country by Edward however, had little regard for the rights of the Scots, and within a year, William Wallace, a commoner whose wife was murdered by a local English sheriff, had raised a rebellion across the country.
    The great victory of Wallace was at the Battle of Sterling Bridge, where his band of infantry soundly defeated an English Army. This was followed by the battle of Falkirk which would have likely gone in favor of the Scots, had more of the Scottish nobles decided to fight for the Scots instead of the English. Falkirk was victory for the English, but a relatively barren one, although it did convince Wallace of the futility of raising an army of commoners unsupported by the local barons. Wallace was later hunted down and killed and for several years, England reigned supreme in Scotland.

Problem these highlanders presented for the English: they were not controllable. They loyalties were completely tied to their clan chiefs and the glens and valleys where they raised their beef. Many of them only had a tenuous loyalty to even the Scottish king, who ruled from the low areas in the south east. Kevin MacAlpin was the first to be "King" of Scotland, but it was more nominal than actual rule over all the clans.

William Wallace was the best man for them to follow. He had their interests at heart. The Scottish king had deep ties to the English and Norman elite and had more in common with them than the people living in the north.

Highlanders fought smart in this war, they used pikes (just sharpened wooden poles) en masse because it was the only thing that could counter Norman heavy cavalry. They would often lead English armies up into high treacherous glens and ambush them in the familiar country. In the Jacobite rebellions there was a story I read about a highland army climbing up into a steep, thought to be impassable, cleft in a mountain, and they came back around on the other side of the enemy and massacred them from behind.

Highlanders are famous for their reckless fighting, which was epitomimized by the unique weapon they used called a claymore. They claymore was this extremely long, heavy two handed sword, and in order to best wield it, you would charge the enemy in a wide open area with a lot of room to swing. It was a hacking weapon, meant to separate arms, legs, and heads from the body. Most English described them as exceedingly savage in battles because of the way the used it.

English soldiers never entered the heart of the highlands until the year 1745, after a bad defeat in a battle called Culloden. This is the first time the English subjugated the Scottish highlanders, it was over 500 years after Ireland and Wales had already been conquered by English kings.

Even free they were conquered, Scottish soldiers were overrepresented in the English military and comprised probably some the most feared regiments in the English military. Every enemy they fought feared Atholl regiments. The Germans in the First World War called them devils.

That's all I got for now, I'll come back with more later.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-24-2015 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Durham City
    Hero
    Melonhead the Messiah
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,480
    Given: 1,373

0 Not allowed!

Willam Wallace was basically only defeated because of decietful, spineless lowland nobles that fought on the side of the English rather than with their brothers.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Highlanders were a tough nut to crack because they were very lawless only to their clan chief, who could regarded themselves above the King in status. Constant civil war for hundreds of years.

Btw the Lowlands are very hilly too. It's misleading. Just not as hilly as the Highlands.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information