Banned
    Last Online
    05-21-2015 @ 09:06 AM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,015
    Given: 18,435

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    what do you try to say? i didnt got your point in response to my post. but i dont know how much admixture they have from those people etc. and if any etc. also i dont trust genetic studies really, i think gypsies are much more indian. and they dont look mideastern to me, they wouldnt pass in mideast
    They could be 1/3 European, 1/3 Southcentral Asian/Middle East and 1/3 Indian and still look the same way they do.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,177
    Given: 58,945

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    Bruce,

However, Anglo Indians are a recent admixture and they are a social class IN INDIA. Gypsies have been outside of India for over a millenia so they are quite disconnected from India.
    not all live in india, some live abroad, but the constitution accepts them. also there are indians in fiji and in other parts etc. of the world and they sure have some admixture too because they live their since centuries, why wouldnt they but gypsies would etc. makes no sense, and india is acknowledging them
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum User Cobra about Mortimer

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hassad View Post
    They could be 1/3 European, 1/3 Southcentral Asian/Middle East and 1/3 Indian and still look the same way they do.
    thats possible, but there is little knowledge why gypsies left india and which route they took and how they came, as enslaved or as wanderers etc. there are only theories and such. also it makes little sense to me considering other world populations that all gypsies would be such a mix, and why the gypsies would mix so much etc. when they took the route out of india, when siddis are still black after 1.500 years, the african americas are still 80% black and there are still many dominantly amerindian people (native or indo-mestizo etc.) i dont get why gypsies should be such a special case that they arent dominantly anymore what they have been, i understand completely that it is likely that they have some admixture but i guess they would be mostly what they have been id guess them as 70-80% indian and some 20-30% euro/mideast. similar to african americans.
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum User Cobra about Mortimer

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    not all live in india, some live abroad, but the constitution accepts them. also there are indians in fiji and in other parts etc. of the world and they sure have some admixture too because they live their since centuries, why wouldnt they but gypsies would etc. makes no sense, and india is acknowledging them
    Its probably a measure of the length of seperation. Fijian Indians have only been gone for about a century or less so, and they are still quite Indian culturally. Same with the others.

Roma have been seperate a long time. But a question I'd have, do you think if half Euro Romas go back to India, that they would be considered upper caste because of their much lighter skin and features?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-21-2015 @ 09:06 AM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,015
    Given: 18,435

1 Not allowed!

Its probably a measure of the length of seperation. Fijian Indians have only been gone for about a century or less so, and they are still quite Indian culturally. Same with the others.

Roma have been seperate a long time. But a question I'd have, do you think if half Euro Romas go back to India, that they would be considered upper caste because of their much lighter skin and features?
    I think the Indian caste system is not strictly about that. They would be some sort of out-castes.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

whats with indonesian indians http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Indonesians#History
    gypsies are also not that long gone, only thousand years, that is not that much to me.
    as for caste, i think thats a flawed question. firstly i dont believe that all romas are half euro, i think they are more like african americans or indo-mestizos, im sure about that. also i dont think that roma are light skinned for indian standards, they are dark brown like desiamerican who is a tamil and lower middle caste, not untouchable but also not brahmin etc. also i dont believe in caste divisions, caste system is outlawed in india, and finally the caste system doesnt work like that or random european visitors who are blonde would be the highest caste, but outsiders are seen as outsiders to the caste system, so i guess roma would form a own seperate community outside the caste system. they are not part of the caste system, similar to indian muslims etc. or pakistanis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information