Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
India has a fascinating history and the country has contributed significantly to many fields. I too would enjoy threads focusing on India's past. This whole 'exotic' Southern European phenotype thing is boring, uninteresting and clearly has an agenda behind it. I wouldn't mind a thread focusing on the Indian Golden Age, during the Gupta Empire, and the trade links that were formed with the Romans. It's both interesting in and of itself as well as being an era that had an influence on Europe, meaning that it definitely fits this forum's description.
I 100000% agree about this, even about the ''southern euro'' topic that in last times is boring and repetitive.

About Gupta Empire, here in the schools (for obvious reason, here the Roman Empire is one of the main topic) we leard that Gupta India, with Persia, was important due to the position, because it permitted to the chinese goods to reach ancient Europe, and vice versa.
And even that thei developed an advanced, syncretic culture...before the muslim invasion.