Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Musso View Post
    During the Karabakh War between Armenians of Karabakh and Azerbaijan, while Armenia was pretty much alone in the conflict, the Azeris were supported by:

-Turkey
    -Grey Wolves (Nationalistic/Turkic group)
    -Afghan Mujahideen (Hezb-e-Islami)
    -Chechen Islamic Militants (led by notorious terrorist Shamil Basayev)
    -Al-Qaeda elements were active in Azerbaijan
    -Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and other Gulf States sent considerable military aid
    -Numerous fatwas and calls for jihad against Armenians

As you can see, if you are a Muslim nation, you are well supported, while as a Christian nation, you are pretty much on your own.
    Well, Syria and Lebanon arent against armenia or anything, but then again, those countries are secular and the people there(despite the majority of them are muslims) do support Armenia rather than Azerbaijan as i do(I mean, hell, there are over 150,000 armenians living in Lebanon alone). Iran also supports armenia despite being a muslim country, because they also have beef against Azerbaijan which in the past used to be part of Iran.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2024 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,489
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anatolian Eagle View Post
    And with this what else left out there that is not "highly respected in the Arab world"? Damn you're such a brown-noser lol.
    There is nothing brown noser here, I am just stating the facts that the decision of the Islamic states or whatever does not reflect reality on the ground. As well the Arab nations should mind their own business and don't get tangled into this conflict that they have nothing to do with.
    Last edited by StonyArabia; 06-25-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Last Online
    02-10-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Anatolia and Balkans
    Country
    Turkey
    Hero
    Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,015
    Given: 1,819

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabatea1 View Post
    There is nothing brown noser here, I am just stating the facts that the decision of the Islamic states or whatever does not reflect reality on the ground. As well the Arab nations should mind their own business and don't get tangled into this conflict that they have nothing to do with.
    Yes, it's indeed right, if it was up to me I would make entire OIC dissolve itself. Arabs barely get involved in others' conflict anyway, and I don't believe there have been any kind of Arab support to Azerbaijan. It's mostly other way around, others get involved in Arabs' countless number of conflicts/wars they have nothing to do with.

I was merely stating the fact that everyday you state you "highly respect" something new in your Arab world. Even here 5 pages ago it was the Armenians, 3 pages ago it was the Baluchies, and nowadays it's Israel?

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anatolian Eagle View Post
    Yes, it's indeed right, if it was up to me I would make entire OIC dissolve itself. Arabs barely get involved in others' conflict anyway, and I don't believe there have been any kind of Arab support to Azerbaijan. It's mostly other way around, others get involved in Arabs' countless number of conflicts/wars they have nothing to do with.
    That's true, I agree, but then again people get involved in Arab conflicts due to their importance in geopolitics to strengthen their influence. OIC does not hold much political power, it's just an organization that talks but never does the walk, in some ways you can say it's already dissolved. Arab countries for the most part are small, or they have gone through down world spiral. Former regional hegemony like Egypt and Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatolian Eagle
    I was merely stating the fact that everyday you state you "highly respect" something new in your Arab world. Even here 5 pages ago it was the Armenians, 3 pages ago it was the Baluchies, and nowadays it's Israel?
    Well with Armenians people are neutral and people do have respect for them since they tend to be loyal to their host nations, yes Baluchis are highly respected and are seen as our brotherly nation. Israel well they are our genetic cousins, and I feel affinity toward them, and many Arabs do as well.
    My genetic results

Last Online
    07-02-2018 @ 01:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Armenia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,081
    Given: 562

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh900 View Post
    Well, Syria and Lebanon arent against armenia or anything, but then again, those countries are secular and the people there(despite the majority of them are muslims) do support Armenia rather than Azerbaijan as i do(I mean, hell, there are over 150,000 armenians living in Lebanon alone). Iran also supports armenia despite being a muslim country, because they also have beef against Azerbaijan which in the past used to be part of Iran.
    I'd say the major force in Lebanon and Syria that makes those countries have friendly relations with Armenia is the large Armenian communities that have historically lived there. Lebanon especially. But Lebanon of course is very divided. Armenians in the Arab World, have tended to always try to not take sides and keep to themselves, but just look at things, it seems we have generally had better relations with Shia States than Sunni states (the big exception being Azerbaijan).

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-02-2022 @ 09:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    North Sea
    Country
    China
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,289
    Given: 6,248

2 Not allowed!

Armenians are cool, they don't take shit from anyone.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Rify View Post
    I personaly dislike Saudi politic, I don't have any problem with Saudis, but the guy up is exaggerating, do you really think that a small poor country like Armenia is abble to beat Azerbaijan if this last is supported by all this pseudo-muslims states ?? KSA is clearly anti-shia they will never help them.
    Good point actually there is some exaggeration no doubt of course, I don't think KSA or any of the other Arab nations care about this conflict and frankly it's none of our business.
    My genetic results

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

1 Not allowed!

During the Karabakh War between Armenians of Karabakh and Azerbaijan, while Armenia was pretty much alone in the conflict, the Azeris were supported by:

-Turkey
    -Grey Wolves (Nationalistic/Turkic group)
    -Afghan Mujahideen (Hezb-e-Islami)
    -Chechen Islamic Militants (led by notorious terrorist Shamil Basayev)
    -Al-Qaeda elements were active in Azerbaijan
    -Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and other Gulf States sent considerable military aid
    -Numerous fatwas and calls for jihad against Armenians

As you can see, if you are a Muslim nation, you are well supported, while as a Christian nation, you are pretty much on your own.
    Actually, Azerbaijan received more help than Musso has described here, including military advisors from the USA, bomber pilots from the Ukraine and Russia, and logistical armament support from Israel, the Ukraine and Russia. On one occasion, a Ukrainian Pilot, hired to fly bomber missions over Karabakh, was shot out of the sky and captured by Armenians. He explained that he was unemployed in the Ukraine, when he agreed to fly bomber missions for Azerbaijan, where he was paid lavishly.

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    If this was true Armenia would've been defeated in one week.
    Well, it's very true, and Armenia wasn't defeated in 1 Week, on the contrary, Armenia defeated all of the hosts that Azerbaijan sent against them, and captured the very tanks that Turkey provided to Azerbaijan. There are photographs that show Armenians, in the Karabakh War, driving captured Azeri tanks, with the Turkish Star & Crescent Insignia clearly displayed on them.

When I say supported by Turkey orSaudi Arabia doesn't mean Turkish armies were fighting, but rather sending military aid and advisers. But it's beyond a doubt that Chechen and Afghan Mujahedeen were used against Armenians. Fighting against a determined people in their native mountainous homeland, is tough to accomplish.
    Turkey did help Azerbaijan, during the Karabakh War (1988 - 1994). They did a lot for Azerbaijan. Turkey provided some "350 officers and 'thousands' of volunteers, including 200 Grey Wolves." Turkey also provided logistical support, including military hardware and supplies. Turkey has always worked aggressively to support Azerbaijan, with diplomatic cooperation and supportive propaganda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagorno-Karabakh_War

In 1992, Turkey and Azerbaijan worked together to aggressively distribute false propaganda about the Khojaly massacre, with a news blitz that reached all of the major news magazines. Khojaly Massacre Propaganda has been debunked with concrete evidence of photoshopped photographic evidence, and many other false claims. In fact, The Khojaly Massacre was a tragic example of friendly fire, where civilians suffered the consequences, beyond the reach of Armenian military units, within the Azeri zones of control.

In 1993, Turkish Prime Minister Tansu Ciller threatened a Turkish invasion of Armenia, should Armenia seize and reclaim Azeri controlled Nakhichivan.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information