Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Filipino People Thread! (Pictures and classifications delineated according to ethnic groups)

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,802
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Liezel Garcia (She is Tagalog from Oriental Mindoro)

]
    She looks interesting. Is she half Afram?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-05-2018 @ 07:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Español
    Ethnicity
    Celtíbera
    Ancestry
    Española
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,846
    Given: 2,495

1 Not allowed!

Isabel Preyler, a hispano-filipina celebrity:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabel_Preysler

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    She looks interesting. Is she half Afram?
    She's just Tagalog, as far as I know. But she may indeed be part African American since the Spanish used to send even Mullatoe soldiers here from Latin America during the past...

The government in Manila complains that Mexico sends Mestizo, Mullato and Native American soldiers instead of pure Spaniards to the Philippines during the beginning of Spanish colonization.

Letter from Fajardo to Felipe III From Manila, August 15 1620.(From the Spanish Archives of the Indies)

"The infantry does not amount to two hundred men, in three companies. If these men were that number, and Spaniards, it would not be so bad; but, although I have not seen them, because they have not yet arrived here, I am told that they are, as at other times, for the most part boys, mestizos, and mulattoes, with some Indians (Native Americans). There is no little cause for regret in the great sums that reënforcements of such men waste for, and cost, your Majesty. I cannot see what betterment there will be until your Majesty shall provide it, since I do not think, that more can be done in Nueva Spaña, although the viceroy must be endeavoring to do so, as he is ordered."

Source:http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16086...6-h.htm#d0e890

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,802
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    She's just Tagalog, as far as I know. But she may indeed be part African American since the Spanish used to send even Mullatoe soldiers here from Latin America during the past...

The government in Manila complains that Mexico sends Mestizo, Mullato and Native American soldiers instead of pure Spaniards to the Philippines during the beginning of Spanish colonization.

Letter from Fajardo to Felipe III From Manila, August 15 1620.(From the Spanish Archives of the Indies)

"The infantry does not amount to two hundred men, in three companies. If these men were that number, and Spaniards, it would not be so bad; but, although I have not seen them, because they have not yet arrived here, I am told that they are, as at other times, for the most part boys, mestizos, and mulattoes, with some Indians (Native Americans). There is no little cause for regret in the great sums that reënforcements of such men waste for, and cost, your Majesty. I cannot see what betterment there will be until your Majesty shall provide it, since I do not think, that more can be done in Nueva Spaña, although the viceroy must be endeavoring to do so, as he is ordered."

Source:http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16086...6-h.htm#d0e890
    She looks really different from Filipinos I've seen. I think she's either mixed with SSA, or has some type of Papuan admixture.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EL_BARBARO View Post
    Isabel Preyler, a hispano-filipina celebrity:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabel_Preysler
    Thanks for that post! Most modern Filipinos don't appreciate Spain yet worship America so much. However, back when Spain ruled the Philippines, the Spanish were actually less racist to the Filipinos than the Americans.

Even British officials took note of this.

Among them was Sir John Bowring, Governor General of British Hong Kong and a well-seasoned traveler who had written several books about the different cultures in Asia, who described the situation as "admirable" during a visit to the Philippines in the 1870s.

The lines separating entire classes and races, appeared to me less marked than in the Oriental colonies. I have seen on the same table, Spaniards, Mestizos and Indios, priests and military. There is no doubt that having one Religion forms great bonding. And more so to the eyes of one that has been observing the repulsion and differences due to race in many parts of Asia. And from one (like myself) who knows that race is the great divider of society, the admirable contrast and exception to racial discrimination so markedly presented by the people of the Philippines is indeed admirable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eura...ixed_ancestry)

In fact the Spaniards were open minded enough to even let a Filipino become a Prime Minister of Spain.

Marcelo de Azcárraga Ugarte y Palmero-Versosa de Lizárraga, hidalgo del condado de Lizárraga (1832–1915) was the thirteenth Prime Minister of Spain following the restoration of the Spanish monarchy. Azcárraga was also the only Spanish Prime Minister of Filipino descent.

Even America hasn't let a Filipino become a mere senator in the states in modern times or let a Filipino run for congress back when the Philippines was a colony of America. Yet, here we have glorious Spain, letting a mere colonial Filipino become a Prime Minister!

Spain did more for Filipinas than most give credit to.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Español
    Ethnicity
    Celtíbera
    Ancestry
    Española
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Thanks for that post! Most modern Filipinos don't appreciate Spain yet worship America so much. However, back when Spain ruled the Philippines, the Spanish were actually less racist to the Filipinos than the Americans.

Even British officials took note of this.

Among them was Sir John Bowring, Governor General of British Hong Kong and a well-seasoned traveler who had written several books about the different cultures in Asia, who described the situation as "admirable" during a visit to the Philippines in the 1870s.

The lines separating entire classes and races, appeared to me less marked than in the Oriental colonies. I have seen on the same table, Spaniards, Mestizos and Indios, priests and military. There is no doubt that having one Religion forms great bonding. And more so to the eyes of one that has been observing the repulsion and differences due to race in many parts of Asia. And from one (like myself) who knows that race is the great divider of society, the admirable contrast and exception to racial discrimination so markedly presented by the people of the Philippines is indeed admirable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eura...ixed_ancestry)

In fact the Spaniards were open minded enough to even let a Filipino become a Prime Minister of Spain.

Marcelo de Azcárraga Ugarte y Palmero-Versosa de Lizárraga, hidalgo del condado de Lizárraga (1832–1915) was the thirteenth Prime Minister of Spain following the restoration of the Spanish monarchy. Azcárraga was also the only Spanish Prime Minister of Filipino descent.

Even America hasn't let a Filipino become a mere senator in the states in modern times or let a Filipino run for congress back when the Philippines was a colony of America. Yet, here we have glorious Spain, letting a mere colonial Filipino become a Prime Minister!

Spain did more for Filipinas than most give credit to.

I am aware of that, Selurong.

But If I dared to state all you've said, I would be denonced as a spanish nationalist on here and anywhere.

What Anglos did in Philippinnes, in my opinion, has no words.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    She looks really different from Filipinos I've seen. I think she's either mixed with SSA, or has some type of Papuan admixture.
    It could be possible. Both Africans and Papuans made it to the Philippines during Spanish times.

In the case of Papuans, they really did.

Ternate in Indonesia is an island with a Papuan speaking population. It became a sultanate when Arabs and Malays from Malaysia spread Islam there and their king (Cachil) became a Sultan.

However, the Spanish also once invaded Ternate after the Portuguese. When the Spanish were forced to retreat to the Philppines due to the Dutch and Chinese Pirate Warlord Koxinga, the Sultan and his people converted to Christianity and accompanied the Spanish to the Philippines and they then settled the area of Ternate, Cavite, named after their homeland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ternate,_Cavite

From Cavite, the Papuans spread to neighboring areas. So, maybe that's how she got her Papuan features.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Español
    Ethnicity
    Celtíbera
    Ancestry
    Española
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

This is a part of the History of the Phillippines, that I always admired: the Castilian War.

PS: Not only for the fact, but for its consequences in the futur of the Phillippines, as well.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EL_BARBARO View Post
    This is a part of the History of the Phillippines, that I always admired: the Castilian War.

PS: Not only for the fact, but for its consequences in the futur of the Phillippines, as well.
    Well, my ethnic group, the Visayans were originally from Sri Vijaya in Sumatra before a revolt there against Rajah Makatunao of the invading Chola dynasty of India forced some Malays to flee here and set up guerilla states in the Philippines. Much like the Visigoth in th e Kingdom of Asturias, then Hindu India fell to the Sultanate of Delhi, soon their vassal states in Southeast Asia also became Muslim and we also fought against these Muslims too.

These Muslims from the Sultanates of the South enslaved and fought against the Animists and Hindus who stayed faithful to their religion and naturally saw the incoming Spanish as allies since Spain fought against the Moors who once raped and pillaged them too.

We Visayans have shed blood along with the Spanish in order to resist Muslim incursion. I appreciate the Spanish in this sense, especially considering the fact that so many of you guys died in the Philippines.

And you were dying for the cross and for a crusade that's so far away against an enemy that far outnumber you and were at that point, more powerful and populous than the beleaguered Christians.

Yet. Still. Even when the Muslims bombed and oppressed the Christians so much, the Spanish also showed Christian generosity to them.

Take for example, the Palace of Brunie. Even though once, the Bruneian Empire once terrorized and enslaved the Philippines, the Spanish-Filipino company, the Ayala corporation, constructed a Palace, the largest residential palace in the world, for the Sultan of Brunei.

The Istana Nurul Iman.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Español
    Ethnicity
    Celtíbera
    Ancestry
    Española
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Well, my ethnic group, the Visayans were originally from Sri Vijaya in Sumatra before a revolt there against Rajah Makatunao of the invading Chola dynasty of India forced some Malays to flee here and set up guerilla states in the Philippines. Much like the Visigoth in th e Kingdom of Asturias, then Hindu India fell to the Sultanate of Delhi, soon their vassal states in Southeast Asia also became Muslim and we also fought against these Muslims too.

These Muslims from the Sultanates of the South enslaved and fought against the Animists and Hindus who stayed faithful to their religion and naturally saw the incoming Spanish as allies since Spain fought against the Moors who once raped and pillaged them too.

We Visayans have shed blood along with the Spanish in order to resist Muslim incursion. I appreciate the Spanish in this sense, especially considering the fact that so many of you guys died in the Philippines.

And you were dying for the cross and for a crusade that's so far away against an enemy that far outnumber you and were at that point, more powerful and populous than the beleaguered Christians.

Yet. Still. Even when the Muslims bombed and oppressed the Christians so much, the Spanish also showed Christian generosity to them.

Take for example, the Palace of Brunie. Even though once, the Bruneian Empire once terrorized and enslaved the Philippines, the Spanish-Filipino company, the Ayala corporation, constructed a Palace, the largest residential palace in the world, for the Sultan of Brunei.

The Istana Nurul Iman.

I didn't know that. Interesting, too.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information