Not of importance.
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 114

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ars Moriendi View Post
    Not precisely surprising. If we've learnt something from your country's media, and its worldwide informational pollution, is how terribly short-tempered and childish Americans truly are.

Again, I got it. You want to think of yourself as British, then do so. Nobody is stopping you.

I just figured it'd be adequate to remind you that hardly anybody in Great Britain, or elsewhere for that matter, would consider a "1/3 German, 1/4 Irish, 1/6 Swedish, 1/8 Norwegian, 1/8 Colonial ancestry" American person to be British. But then again, you're not forced to listen to anything I say.

That is all.
    It's a shame we couldn't agree. Take care

Banned
    Last Online
    09-02-2014 @ 10:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Not of importance.
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Not precisely surprising. If we've learnt something from your country's media, and its worldwide informational pollution, is how terribly short-tempered and childish Americans truly are.

Again, I got it. You want to think of yourself as British, then do so. Nobody is stopping you.

I just figured it'd be adequate to remind you that hardly anybody in Great Britain, or elsewhere for that matter, would consider a "1/3 German, 1/4 Irish, 1/6 Swedish, 1/8 Norwegian, 1/8 Colonial ancestry" American person to be British. But then again, you're not forced to listen to anything I say.

That is all.
    Well, I'm not saying I'm not American. I am an American national, and I never claimed to be a British national. So I suppose it would depend on how you phrased the question when asking those British people. Obviously, if you just asked 'Are Americans British?' they would say no. However, if you phrased it 'Are Americans who speak the English language at a native level and have a cultural connection to England ethnically English?' you would probably get quite a few 'yes' answers depending on whether they have any idea what they are talking about or not. Try asking a few history professors that question. Obviously the English youth have no idea what they are talking about most of the time.

I think you have the idea that I'm not proud to be an American. Well, no. I'm not. My ancestors fought against Washington and his thugs. I sure as hell am proud to be English, though.

Americans aren't the only ones that think like me, you know. There are the old guard in Australia who consider consider themselves 'Colonial' and many times their children will pick that up. Those people have more in common with colonial Australia and England than with other Australians. There is a cultural divide. You can find 'Colonials' in just about any country that used to be a part of the Empire. South Africans of English descent, for example. Also Anglo-Canadians.

I think you just don't have a good understanding of any of it is all.

Take care.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-02-2014 @ 10:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Not of importance.
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

That is all.
    I know you get annoyed when I reply to the same post a bit too much but there are still things that I think need to be said.

On Quebeckers: I can definitely relate to them. I think how they feel about France is how I feel about England. I know French-Canadians who are very immersed in the French culture and many of them cheer on French sports teams. Kind of how I cheer on the Glasgow Rangers. My Mother is of Ulster-Scots/English descent and that family is very Orange. We cheer on the 'Gers and we aren't very pro-American. I know my great grandmother was really proud that our family is descended from redcoats.

My Mother's family comes from Canada. They were there since after the revolutionary war when they were kicked out of Murica for fighting for the British Empire. Eventually, they left for Midwestern America which is where we live now. I still have cousins in Canada. My Mother's family as far as I know is affiliated or was affiliated with the Orange Order. I know my great grandmother wasn't too happy when my Mother decided to marry a Catholic!

I really was raised to think I was British. My Mother's family is noticeably associated with Ulster and the Ulster-Scots as well as mainland Englishmen. I grew up with a very good understanding of what was happening in Ireland at the time and Ulster has always been a common subject. Of course, on my Father's side who is nearly of 100% Irish and German Catholic descent I was told I was "Irish" growing up. My Father and Mother both supported the North in the troubles, though I do believe my Father's family had I.R.A. connections.

To this day I am still keeping up with almost everything that's happening in Ireland and all the while cheering on the 'Gers with family and friends like there's no tomorrow. Family tradition. A bit off-topic but I also have cousins from Alabama who I personally know very well and some of the Ulster-Scots ancestors ended up in Dixieland so that's why. I do somewhat feel like a Dixielander because of it. I definitely have Confederate sympathies! Don't worry though I am not a racist or anything

Anyways all this makes up my identity and I'll be damned if I can't call myself an ethnic Brit because of it. I don't consider myself even Ulster-Scots/Irish but I do consider myself English because I speak the language and therefore have a cultural connection to England (can't say the same for my Ulster heritage). I certainly feel more related to the mainland Englishmen than many Americans because of my experiences. I do get along quite well with Dixielanders though!

All this still makes me American. I get it, I am a Yankee. I never tried to deny it though. My opponents act as if I am some clueless yank who isn't proud enough of being American but I assure you I am happy to live where I do. The government sucks and like my family I wouldn't mind if we joined the Commonwealth (Grandpa would want it that way) but that doesn't mean I am not proud of my geographic location. In all honesty though, there are ethnic groups whether Ars Moriendi likes it or not - and I would say my ethnicity is English. There is a English people and then there is an English ethnic group and I'd say I have all the qualifications to join that group.

Like I say, ancestry means shit unless it's had an impact on your life - and it would be hard to deny the influence my English ancestors have had on my own life.

In the end the only thing 'American' about me is what it says on my passport. My culture is English like many Americans.

I apologize if I reply to your posts too much. Can't we just be friends?

P.S. stop comparing me to the so-called 'Irish-Americans' (plastic paddies). Those people no longer have a cultural connection to Ireland so it is a false claim to the Irish ethnicity for them. I despise them. I mean my Father is "Irish" but does that make me Irish or Irish-American? No. I might feel it at times but in reality I know shit about Irish culture (more about English and "Ulster" culture).

Gustave H

2 Not allowed!

15% of the French are terrorists. Eeep.

Last Online
    01-28-2018 @ 11:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    White, cis gender shit lord
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon/Celt-WASP A pariah of the west.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Brittany
    Politics
    The power of Kek
    Religion
    God Emperor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,428
    Given: 28,057

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanic King View Post
    I know you get annoyed when I reply to the same post a bit too much but there are still things that I think need to be said.

On Quebeckers: I can definitely relate to them. I think how they feel about France is how I feel about England. I know French-Canadians who are very immersed in the French culture and many of them cheer on French sports teams. Kind of how I cheer on the Glasgow Rangers. My Mother is of Ulster-Scots/English descent and that family is very Orange. We cheer on the 'Gers and we aren't very pro-American. I know my great grandmother was really proud that our family is descended from redcoats.

My Mother's family comes from Canada. They were there since after the revolutionary war when they were kicked out of Murica for fighting for the British Empire. Eventually, they left for Midwestern America which is where we live now. I still have cousins in Canada. My Mother's family as far as I know is affiliated or was affiliated with the Orange Order. I know my great grandmother wasn't too happy when my Mother decided to marry a Catholic!

I really was raised to think I was British. My Mother's family is noticeably associated with Ulster and the Ulster-Scots as well as mainland Englishmen. I grew up with a very good understanding of what was happening in Ireland at the time and Ulster has always been a common subject. Of course, on my Father's side who is nearly of 100% Irish and German Catholic descent I was told I was "Irish" growing up. My Father and Mother both supported the North in the troubles, though I do believe my Father's family had I.R.A. connections.

To this day I am still keeping up with almost everything that's happening in Ireland and all the while cheering on the 'Gers with family and friends like there's no tomorrow. Family tradition. A bit off-topic but I also have cousins from Alabama who I personally know very well and some of the Ulster-Scots ancestors ended up in Dixieland so that's why. I do somewhat feel like a Dixielander because of it. I definitely have Confederate sympathies! Don't worry though I am not a racist or anything

Anyways all this makes up my identity and I'll be damned if I can't call myself an ethnic Brit because of it. I don't consider myself even Ulster-Scots/Irish but I do consider myself English because I speak the language and therefore have a cultural connection to England (can't say the same for my Ulster heritage). I certainly feel more related to the mainland Englishmen than many Americans because of my experiences. I do get along quite well with Dixielanders though!

All this still makes me American. I get it, I am a Yankee. I never tried to deny it though. My opponents act as if I am some clueless yank who isn't proud enough of being American but I assure you I am happy to live where I do. The government sucks and like my family I wouldn't mind if we joined the Commonwealth (Grandpa would want it that way) but that doesn't mean I am not proud of my geographic location. In all honesty though, there are ethnic groups whether Ars Moriendi likes it or not - and I would say my ethnicity is English. There is a English people and then there is an English ethnic group and I'd say I have all the qualifications to join that group.

Like I say, ancestry means shit unless it's had an impact on your life - and it would be hard to deny the influence my English ancestors have had on my own life.

In the end the only thing 'American' about me is what it says on my passport. My culture is English like many Americans.

I apologize if I reply to your posts too much. Can't we just be friends?

P.S. stop comparing me to the so-called 'Irish-Americans' (plastic paddies). Those people no longer have a cultural connection to Ireland so it is a false claim to the Irish ethnicity for them. I despise them. I mean my Father is "Irish" but does that make me Irish or Irish-American? No. I might feel it at times but in reality I know shit about Irish culture (more about English and "Ulster" culture).
    He is a bird brain. People on the east coast identify with what the majority of their backgrounds are. In the cities you have italian areas, irish areas, syrian areas, etc.....in Pennsylvania they still speak German. Where I live I see the flag of st. george New England flag....in rural places. America is diverse in this sense. People have unusual loyalties to their origins because they view that as what they are despite what 'old world' people say to them. People realize they are what their blood is and I tend to think it is very wise of them to never forget their identity otherwise they fal victim to west coast brainwash cultural marxism. The french here still speak french well quebecois....a dialect of french. He would be shocked ot go to Quebec where they feel closer to France than 'Canada' and plastic canadian nationalism....the same southerners here identify with scotch irish or scottish roots....just like where I live people are proud to be of Anglo-Saxon backgrounds.

I laugh at people who are ardent to claim we are not europeans at all.....just descended from some mythical race of people who feel in 'America' and wow they magically look white and different phenotypes etc..... only people with a two digit IQ would believe any of that. Here I consider all who have non WASP backgrounds to be immigrants because they only identify with immigrant roots....so they are immigrants to me. Unless they have similar roots with me then I consider them my countryman. I am not hostile to all immigrants just those who try to tell me what I am. I tell them to go fuck themselves and leave! I like irish culture, german culture and french culture, but I just remember I am a New Englander. All four of those cultures are reflected here by the way.

I had loyalist ancestors on my grandmother's side from Ontario who were expelled American colonials....then I have ancestry that fought against the crown from Vermont. The Green Mountain boys as they were called. All of my ancestors came from New York, Vermont, Massachusetts and over seas.

Last Online
    01-28-2018 @ 11:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    White, cis gender shit lord
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon/Celt-WASP A pariah of the west.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Brittany
    Politics
    The power of Kek
    Religion
    God Emperor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,428
    Given: 28,057

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanic King View Post
    Well, I'm not saying I'm not American. I am an American national, and I never claimed to be a British national. So I suppose it would depend on how you phrased the question when asking those British people. Obviously, if you just asked 'Are Americans British?' they would say no. However, if you phrased it 'Are Americans who speak the English language at a native level and have a cultural connection to England ethnically English?' you would probably get quite a few 'yes' answers depending on whether they have any idea what they are talking about or not. Try asking a few history professors that question. Obviously the English youth have no idea what they are talking about most of the time.

I think you have the idea that I'm not proud to be an American. Well, no. I'm not. My ancestors fought against Washington and his thugs. I sure as hell am proud to be English, though.

Americans aren't the only ones that think like me, you know. There are the old guard in Australia who consider consider themselves 'Colonial' and many times their children will pick that up. Those people have more in common with colonial Australia and England than with other Australians. There is a cultural divide. You can find 'Colonials' in just about any country that used to be a part of the Empire. South Africans of English descent, for example. Also Anglo-Canadians.

I think you just don't have a good understanding of any of it is all.

Take care.
    Some here say it is a shame we rebelled against the Brits as we would have never lost our identity. I often wonder if that is true but we would have ended up like Canadians or Australians.....a fake identity in a land with a majority of immigrants....the few conquerors lose their identity. If you go to maine everyone looks WASP... in the British sense. Then rural Pennsylvania or New York dutch/english/german phenoypes everywhere. Unfortunately alot of brainwashed 'Americans' believe hardcore in an artificial identity. Most o you descend from New Englanders and mayflowers people or old Virginians. The oldest places on the east coast. The architecture reflects our culture even. But we are not white people or europeans....just 'Americans' LOL the logic makes me laugh.

By sea by air and land. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 10:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Irish/Scotish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    City of London
    Taxonomy
    Sub-Nordic
    Politics
    N/S
    Hero
    Nicky Wilson S.B.S.
    Religion
    Athiest
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 813
    Given: 1,938

0 Not allowed!

^^^ what a toad with warts....
    meant for the toad leg sucker...
    Rudel the red nosed toad licker...
    Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems such as those connected with reality... Existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and language... It strikes me as peculiar that most concern themselves solely with language, the least of all philosophies...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scTqpfL9WMA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWDjgyk8Aw

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information