Religion
    Atheist
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Eckhart View Post
    That is very effective usage of childish shouting, but it doesn't address your principal problem, namely ignorance of context. You can provide a clip of quotes all put together to argue a certain thing, just the same as you can take a sentence and shorten it to make it seem like it's saying something else, but the fact remains that in both cases you are either purposefully misleading your audience or merely are too stupid to know the difference.
    Right, because you're not restricted by a pesky thing like having to provide evidence to prove your claims. You exist beyond the material world in a dimension of faeries and pixie dust.

You might accuse me of anti-Semitism by pointing out that Cline is Jewish, but what you are doing in making said accusation is ignoring the contextual relationship between Hitler and Jewish writers, a context I was hoping might educate and inform you. Unfortunately, the benefit of the doubt was wasted on a petulant child in this case.
    I'm not accusing you of anything. You pointed out that Cline was Jewish, not me. Or have you already forgotten? Did you forget to take your medication grandpa?

You are inventing things to discredit your opponent rather than defeat him.
    I'm not inventing anything. You've discredited yourself by failing to provide any evidence to refute anything I've said.

How old are you? 15? 17? Why don't you go back to doing homework and let the grown-ups do the debating here.
    Who's being petulant now? Tsk, tsk. That's no way to behave grandpa.

As you will learn as you go through high school and college, it doesn't take a telepath to perceive manipulation and propaganda, only an intelligent and educated person.
    Sure, grandpa. I guess in college you can talk out of your ass and not have to provide any evidence to prove your claims either, right? :mmmm: Why do I get the impression that you have no idea what you're talking about?

I see you are developing a fine mastery of sarcasm. Typically this is more effective if you develop the necessary intelligence and repertoire of rhetorical methods and logical fallacies before deploying. You'll learn over time, or just become another of the brainless masses that men like Hitler so easily manipulated and continue to manipulate, convinced of your own freedom and intelligence.
    Yeah, because it takes great intelligence not to have to provide any evidence to prove a truth claim and to blame the Jews when you're called out on your inability to do so. I guess that must make you some kind of genius or something.

Anyway, you've been amusing to tear down, but children are only entertaining for so long. I suggest you go back to MySpace or Facebook or whatever other teenage haven you crawled from and stop negatively affecting the average IQ of these boards.
    Yeah, it's awful getting pwned by a little kid, eh grandpa? Run along old man, I think it's time for your nap.
    Last edited by Apollonaris; 09-06-2011 at 09:51 PM.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -- Epicurus

Banned
    Last Online
    02-14-2013 @ 04:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Occidental
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranean
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

0 Not allowed!

Antisemitism originated with Christianity. Sorry to have to break it to you. Hitler's pseudo-scientific beliefs in no way make him any less of a Christian.
    Everything you say could be derived from Yahoo answers.

Last Online
    04-18-2012 @ 09:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    Machiavellian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    Doesn't make it any less of a historical fact if it was.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -- Epicurus

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    I had a similar thought. He's either a child or a troll, in either case I don't think he deserves any more attention from anyone intelligent.

Returning to the topic at hand, I think a lot of what I've already said has hinted at it, but ultimately atheism as we know it today is a product entirely of the "Enlightenment". I might go as far as to say that unbelief on the level at which it is currently held was impossible before this period of godlessness and the worship of science.

Last Online
    07-01-2022 @ 11:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earthling
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Russian-German, Danish, Swedish, Swiss, British Isles
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhammer View Post
    So if isn't ' proven ' and you're believing in these theories isn't that dogmatic and oxymoronic?
    No, because science can only say what's more likely and less likely based on our current knowledge. For example, you can't say for certain that if you jump off a very high building you'll fall to your death due to gravity (maybe the laws will change inexplicitly), but would you just as readily jump as not jump? Would be "dogmatic" to hedge your bets on what's obviously the most likely scenario? Of course not.

Returning to the topic at hand, I think a lot of what I've already said has hinted at it, but ultimately atheism as we know it today is a product entirely of the "Enlightenment". I might go as far as to say that unbelief on the level at which it is currently held was impossible before this period of godlessness and the worship of science.
    Thank Gawd for the Enlightenment.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-09-2012 @ 05:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    germanic
    Ethnicity
    british isles,germany
    Ancestry
    british isles,germany
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Queensland
    Religion
    transvestitism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
    Gawd
    (not wanting to take away from your argument by besiding the point but) How do you spell 'god'?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earthling
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by turkey lurkey View Post
    (not wanting to take away from your argument by besiding the point but) How do you spell 'god'?
    E-R-I-C C-L-A-P-T-O-N

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
    No, because science can only say what's more likely and less likely based on our current knowledge. For example, you can't say for certain that if you jump off a very high building you'll fall to your death due to gravity (maybe the laws will change inexplicitly), but would you just as readily jump as not jump? Would be "dogmatic" to hedge your bets on what's obviously the most likely scenario? Of course not.

Thank Gawd for the Enlightenment.

Don't give me cheap crap, i'm not talking about things that can be proven, these are called facts. Sure you can throw a fucking watermelon off a building and prove gravity indeed exist, i'm talking about scientific theories that can't be proven, like the big bang, black holes or the evolution (we were Niggers, then Mongo-Whites then Whites, yeah right); Believing in those is being dogmatic. Get it?
    'It's time to chew ass' - Dick Kickem

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earthling
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Don't give me cheap crap, i'm not talking about things that can be proven, these are called facts.
    No. “Things that can be proven” are called mathematical theorems, and you can only prove something by deductive reasoning. Since justification for scientific ideas is evidence gathered by inductive reasoning, it’s impossible to prove a scientific theory.

Sure you can throw a fucking watermelon off a building and prove gravity indeed exist, i'm talking about scientific theories that can't be proven,
    The principle of “when you drop something in a gravitational field, it will fall” is unprovable because we arrive at that conclusion by inductive reasoning (it’s happened every time we’ve tried it). For all we know, the next time you drop the fucking watermelon it may hover for a few moments and then smack you in the head, but that outcome is very, very unlikely given our current knowledge about how things work. Science can never prove anything, but can only say what’s more likely or less likely.

like the big bang,
    If you’d like, just say the word and I’ll be happy to educate you about all the evidence for the big bang.

black holes
    If you’d like, just say the word and I’ll be happy to educate you about all the evidence for black holes.

or the evolution (we were Niggers, then Mongo-Whites then Whites, yeah right);
    If you’d like, just say the word and I’ll be happy to educate you about all the evidence for evolution.

Believing in those is being dogmatic. Get it?
    “Believing in” something that has mountains of evidence in favour of it is “dogmatic”?

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

0 Not allowed!

I'm just interested in evolution, so can you please tell me how did Cromagnids diverged from Leptosomic Negroid types? I'm eager to hear your response.
    'It's time to chew ass' - Dick Kickem

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread Information