Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheViridiana View Post

I was raised having to go to religious education, i went to a religious school, i went to church, sunday school, church club up until the age of 14, all of that.. and learned all about the abrahamist religions when i studied teritary level theology for two years recently on top of my changed opinion, so i'm not coming from prior ignorance on the topic.

Dad's family were big time Christians.
    Grandpa was a bigoted Christian, i became 'this way' through my own free thought faced with scientific evidence... Many hours spent thinking about all the possibilities, all the beliefs already in existence vs. modern science and discovery, eventually a person must look at both sides of belief itself and not remain ignorant to the other.

I'm not autistic either. Although my dad was not there to exist in my life, his family was... up until they stopped talking to me when i had told them that i questioned Christianity at 15, what kind and caring people they must of been, cutting off a family member for not thinking the way they do..
    Don't Christians usually feed themselves with the rhetoric of loving their family no matter what happens? From the Christians in my life, that became certainly not the case, my experience among Christianity became more and more strained the more bigoted and judgmental ones showed their true colors. One of many incidents, but one was that I had some Buddhist friends and they would openly mock and disdain them for no other reason but their belief not being 'Judeo-Christian'... sorry, i cannot judge and live in an bubble existence like that.
    Shaddup I come from the complete opposite, of growing up in a secular place and school and being fed by communist garbage (communism is also atheistic). If you want to look at how Godlessness and Soullessness develops people, you can go migrate to North Korea, the state with the most Atheists in the world.

The church is holy, the church is ancient and it will endure even after this new Atheist trend dies a natural death.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
    atheistia
    A mixed-raced Iranian-Semite claiming to be a pure-bred son of Israel? Hahahahah!
    Then, an Atheist to boot. Tell, me is there ever such a thing as an Atheist Christian? or Atheist Muslims? There is not, religion and irreligion are mutually exclusive such as a negative pole and positive pole are mutually exclusive.

You are of the synagogue of Satan. Pretending to love God and be a child of his chosen people, but you don't even acknowledge his existence.Truly of the synagogue of Satan, deceitful and conniving.

Last Online
    07-11-2014 @ 08:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, England, Greece, Spain, and Ireland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    R1b1c
    mtDNA
    H15
    Politics
    Timocracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 17

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    Tell, me is there ever such a thing as an Atheist Christian? or Atheist Muslims? There is not, religion and irreligious are mutually exclusive such as a negative pole and positive pole are mutually exclusive.
    Not really. Most atheists think within an ideological framework inherited from their born-religion, whether they're conscious of this fact or not. Many atheists also uphold the virtues and values that are unique to their religion, despite rejecting the religion; social conditioning basically.

Last Online
    02-04-2018 @ 06:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Romance (Italian side); Celtic
    Ethnicity
    1/2 North Italian, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scott
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,085
    Given: 1,407

2 Not allowed!

Atheists come from vaginas, just like theists. Scientologists come from buttholes.

Last Online
    05-24-2022 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    none
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 1,015

0 Not allowed!

A mixed-raced Iranian-Semite claiming to be a pure-bred son of Israel? Hahahahah!
    Then, an Atheist to boot. Tell, me is there ever such a thing as an Atheist Christian? or Atheist Muslims? There is not, religion and irreligion are mutually exclusive such as a negative pole and positive pole are mutually exclusive.

You are of the synagogue of Satan. Pretending to love God and be a child of his chosen people, but you don't even acknowledge his existence.Truly of the synagogue of Satan, deceitful and conniving.
    Omg youre so stupid i wont even reply

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

2 Not allowed!

Through the simple point of 'free will'... it proves the hypocrisy of the human condition being free will and free thinking, and clearly shows such religion was created to subjugate the human mind.
    Not all humans have the same mental or spiritual capacity. Liberty of actions and ideas for them would be dangerous for all. Just look how the world got fucked over last couple decades by Libertarian policies. Although i'm not sure some people would be able to see how dangerous is for the natural order to get fucked, some people would be actually glad of having one night stands with Thailand trannies, after getting drunk and high in some London club.
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 07-10-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Last Online
    05-24-2022 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    none
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 1,015

0 Not allowed!

Shaddup I come from the complete opposite, of growing up in a secular place and school and being fed by communist garbage (communism is also atheistic). If you want to look at how Godlessness and Soullessness develops people, you can go migrate to North Korea, the state with the most Atheists in the world.

The church is holy, the church is ancient and it will endure even after this new Atheist trend dies a natural death.
    religion is bullshit, but i admire it's culture and it's contributions to our world.
    at ancient times it really helped people but now it's just a burden dragged into the modern world.
    well it still helps some primitive societies somehow.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

1 Not allowed!

I was raised having to go to religious education, i went to a religious school, i went to church, sunday school, church club up until the age of 14, all of that.. and learned all about the abrahamist religions when i studied teritary level theology for two years recently on top of my changed opinion, so i'm not coming from prior ignorance on the topic.
    Religious education, and education in general, are at an all-time low. I know plenty of people with an education in economics who still don't understand economics in the slightest. By attaining illustrious diplomas, however, they have come to believe that they are the absolute authority on anything pertaining to economics. Likewise, while you may have been brought up in a religious family and your upbringing has been religious through and through, you are not necessarily learned in theology and biblical study. Your personal story seems to imply that you were born in religious ignorance from the get-go, and your arguments more so seems to suggest a lack of understanding of the Bible and Christian theology.

Dad's family were big time Christians.
    Grandpa was a bigoted Christian, i became 'this way' through my own free thought faced with scientific evidence... Many hours spent thinking about all the possibilities, all the beliefs already in existence vs. modern science and discovery, eventually a person must look at both sides of belief itself and not remain ignorant to the other.
    I was brought up by apatheistic parents, had been an atheist since I was six years old until quite recently—which has been a most disheartening and melancholic period of my life. looking back at my life, I realize that I had a poorly thought-out sentimental bias against God and religion. It was willful ignorance that separated me from God, not the truth. I clung onto any argument against God and religion, no matter how poor, and indeed, they are invariably poor to unrivaled extremes. That the most prominent and venerated figures of the atheistic movement are people like Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennet and Cristopher Hitchens alludes to the level of thinking within the atheist side of the Great Debate. As for science, I have yet to see anything in the current science that disproves or makes God less likely a reality even slightly; I have seen the opposite, however. The deference to science is itself a sign of ignorance.

I'm not autistic either. Although my dad was not there to exist in my life, his family was... up until they stopped talking to me when i had told them that i questioned Christianity at 15, what kind and caring people they must of been, cutting off a family member for not thinking the way they do.. Don't Christians usually feed themselves with the rhetoric of loving their family no matter what happens? From the Christians in my life, that became certainly not the case, my experience among Christianity became more and more strained the more bigoted and judgmental ones showed their true colors. One of many incidents, but one was that I had some Buddhist friends and they would openly mock and disdain them for no other reason but their belief not being 'Judeo-Christian'... sorry, i cannot judge and live in an bubble existence like that.
    The things I mention predicts atheism, it doesn't necessitate atheism.

The obvious problem here is not Christianity itself, it's your family. Were they protestants?

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Donnay View Post
    Not really. Most atheists think within an ideological framework inherited from their born-religion, whether they're conscious of this fact or not. Many atheists also uphold the virtues and values that are unique to their religion, despite rejecting the religion; social conditioning basically.
    Atheists are religious in the same way as the mother of a child conceived through surrogacy is a mother. Save for God, almost everything they believe in has religious roots. Morality, f.e., is religious in essence. The belief in reason, too, is religious. If we were merely the apes of a cold God, as Karl Marx wrote in his poetic drama, Oulanem, we most certainly couldn't trust our reason. Thus atheism is in fact far less reasonable a position than is theism.

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Not all humans have the same mental or spiritual capacity. Liberty of actions and ideas for them would be dangerous of all. Just look how the world got fucked over last couple decades by Libertarian policies. Although i'm not sure some people would be able to see how dangerous is for the natural order to get fucked, some people would be actually glad of having one night stands with Thailand trannies, after getting drunk and high in some London club.
    Yes and no. Liberty is a great value necessary for any society, which is why the true Catholic position is one of maximal liberty. The problem, however, is that the virtues of liberalism have been distorted into a grotesque parody of its former self. Liberty has come to mean moral relativism. As God gives man the ability to choose to do good or bad, the value of liberty is merely a reflection of this. You can act in certain ways as long as it doesn't directly hurt someone else physically, but this doesn't mean that there is no such thing as right and wrong. Many libertarians are confused in thinking that as long as something doesn't impede someone else's liberty, it is good. Libertarianism is an amoral position: there may be things that are wrong and other things that are right; nonetheless, people shouldn't be forced to do something out of reference to non-moral reasons. The threat of death is not what should keep a person from masturbating, f.e., it is the knowledge that it is immoral to do so that should.
    Last edited by Herr Abubu; 07-10-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Abubu View Post

Yes and no. Liberty is a great value necessary for any society, which is why the true Catholic position is one of maximal liberty. The problem, however, is that the virtues of liberalism have been distorted into a grotesque parody of its former self. Liberty has come to mean moral relativism. As God gives man the ability to choose to do good or bad, the value of liberty is merely a reflection of this. You can act in certain ways as long as it doesn't directly hurt someone else physically, but this doesn't mean that there is no such thing as right and wrong. Many libertarians are confused in thinking that as long as something doesn't impede someone else's liberty, it is good. Libertarianism is an amoral position: there may be things that are wrong and other things that are right; nonetheless, people shouldn't be forced to do something out of reference to non-moral reasons. The threat of death is not what should keep a person from masturbating, f.e., it is the knowledge that it is immoral to do so that should.
    I forgot to stress that out. Of course liberty is one of the few given rights all men and women should be born with, but living in a collective society, we cannot afford some forms of 'liberty'. As you mention liberty nowadays have become a parody; you are even free to kill unborn's for example, under the liberty premise. Matter of fact I would be fine with taking any liberty you want, but being man or woman enough to face the consequences of whatever you do. Something most libertarians are not willing to take.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread Information