PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Are you afraid to die? - Page 9

View Poll Results: Are you afraid to die?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 23.21%
  • No

43 76.79%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Are you afraid to die?

Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,229
    Given: 3,040

2 Not allowed!

No, for some reason I'm not afraid at all.

Inactive
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 11:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,731
    Given: 5,555

3 Not allowed!

I'm afraid of a long and painful death, plus I don't want to be a burden to anyone. Or lose my mind.
    Sudden death is not scary at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    I am to a certain extent. If not, I would have blown my brains out by now.
    Perhaps this is not a fear of death itself, but of the consequences and penalties for suicide in the next world.
    IMHO, the church has come up with a very good way to deal with potential suicides (intimidation), so that they put up with injustice and do not grumble.
    It's interesting to know what's really on the other side. And if that's true, then it's better to try to be a decent person.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,314
    Given: 7,547

2 Not allowed!

I consider sudden death to be the worst, to die unprepared. Normally, some terminal illness which gives you 2-3 months is the best, you have time to reconcile with people, to return debts if you have some, enough time to slowly rethink your life and repent in something everyone has. Actually on every Liturgy we ask God numerous times for not painful, not shameful, Christian death.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,439
    Given: 12,918

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Reptilian View Post
    I suppose it's true that she would get a lot of "good" things out of it, but at the same time, maybe you don't want to have people who are only your friends because of how attractive you are?
    I have known girls who were considered attractive. I personally didn't think much about their attractiveness, and so since my eyes weren't on them, they were at other people. I noticed a lot of stares of infatuation and others that were obviously creepy. I told her that "this guy that you talked to was a bit strange" because he was overly nice to her and gave her strange looks (when she wasn't noticing it). She didn't notice it herself. There was also a guy in a car that acted like he took pictures of the view (we were visiting a city as tourists) and we were so shocked and confused. We didn't know why he did that but it was quite obvious in the end.

She also told me that she found (visible) body hair disgusting and that males (who have body hair) shouldn't walk around without a shirt. I suppose that her mother's boyfriend(s) were older and maybe preyed on her when she was younger? She said that she wouldn't want to have sons when she has kids.

You don't have to worry about that.
    Oh she does for sure, she gets a surprising amount of extra favors from women as well. And yeah I suppose that is the other side of the coin, even though she has had way more friends than me a reasonable number of those friends have been manipulative users who as soon as they got what they wanted out of her, would dump her without explanation and even abuse her in some cases. Those friends seemed to use her to either gain popularity, get guys, take photos with her, copy her, or rip her to shreds and "one up" her. She has had a ton of loyal great friends though too, still way more than me. So I guess she gets better treatment and extra goodies from people at the price of not being able to tell if people are always her friend for the right reasons or just for her looks.

And yes my sister has attracted a lot of creeps, but to my surprise she usually goes along with them until they do something super weird, although I'm not trying say whether that's right or wrong I know she tries to as nice as possible to every single person.

And ahh that's an interesting story, I sure wonder too? Hmmm

Hope my thoughts are interesting I'm trying to be honest about my experiences while at the same time, I'm trying to avoid being petty about it.

Also sorry that I'm going off topic a bit now
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,638
    Given: 6,583

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KirillMazur View Post
    I'm afraid of a long and painful death, plus I don't want to be a burden to anyone. Or lose my mind.
    Sudden death is not scary at all.

Perhaps this is not a fear of death itself, but of the consequences and penalties for suicide in the next world.
    IMHO, the church has come up with a very good way to deal with potential suicides (intimidation), so that they put up with injustice and do not grumble.
    It's interesting to know what's really on the other side. And if that's true, then it's better to try to be a decent person.
    The Church has a ton of fear tactics. Still, it's much better to be safe than *very* sorry.

Slava Ukrainii
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-28-2023 @ 05:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,017
    Given: 505

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    Oh she does for sure, she gets a surprising amount of extra favors from women as well. And yeah I suppose that is the other side of the coin, even though she has had way more friends than me a reasonable number of those friends have been manipulative users who as soon as they got what they wanted out of her, would dump her without explanation and even abuse her in some cases. Those friends seemed to use her to either gain popularity, get guys, take photos with her, copy her, or rip her to shreds and "one up" her. She has had a ton of loyal great friends though too, still way more than me. So I guess she gets better treatment and extra goodies from people at the price of not being able to tell if people are always her friend for the right reasons or just for her looks.

And yes my sister has attracted a lot of creeps, but to my surprise she usually goes along with them until they do something super weird, although I'm not trying say whether that's right or wrong I know she tries to as nice as possible to every single person.

And ahh that's an interesting story, I sure wonder too? Hmmm

Hope my thoughts are interesting I'm trying to be honest about my experiences while at the same time, I'm trying to avoid being petty about it.

Also sorry that I'm going off topic a bit now
    Interesting indeed.

Yes, this girl was considered attractive by other girls too, and got favours by them that other girls wouldn't.

Perhaps your sister didn't feel afraid or unable to defend herself?

I myself get quite exhausted by the idea of that lifestyle.

I think your thoughts and experiences are interesting

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,439
    Given: 12,918

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Reptilian View Post
    Interesting indeed.

Yes, this girl was considered attractive by other girls too, and got favours by them that other girls wouldn't.

Perhaps your sister didn't feel afraid or unable to defend herself?

I myself get quite exhausted by the idea of that lifestyle.

I think your thoughts and experiences are interesting
    Okes

Possibly, I didn't think about it that way.

And yes I honestly don't know how she keeps up with her social circle sometimes lol she goes out almost every day to see others or to have others see her from my knowledge. I myself probably wouldn't have enough extroverted energy for that lol. Her phone also blows up with messages all day probably 100+ times a day I hear it go off like wild idk how she focuses on things While my phone usually doesn't even go off once an hour lol. It seems very fun and rewarding for her, but maybe being so social like that would distract me too much from other important things.

And great! I'm trying to think of anything else to say, well back on top but sometimes I worry a little that I won't have enough social support when I die.
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,314
    Given: 7,547

1 Not allowed!

The Church has a ton of fear tactics. Still, it's much better to be safe than *very* sorry.
    Those "fear tactics" are based on reality and real consequences of our actions. Just like "fear tactics" of our parents not to put fingers in 220V jack

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,638
    Given: 6,583

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    Those "fear tactics" are based on reality and real consequences of our actions. Just like "fear tactics" of our parents not to put fingers in 220V jack
    Some are. Others are just ways to control people through fear, and you can trace that tactic all the way back to Ur.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,329
    Given: 8,247

0 Not allowed!

Are you a Catholic or some kind of a protestant? I don't know how things are going in America in this matter, but in here, the Catholic Church does not spread fear but hope. They refrain to talk about hell.

Still, I would want some southern baptist to hear some of the anti-protestant rants of my former priest.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information