Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: New York Times: Albanian oldest European language.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by blogen View Post
    No, no no. Not Thracian, but an Eastern Illyrian dialect or an independent language between the Illyrian and the Thracian (or a Western Thracian dialect). The problem is the Central Balkan, the only place where the close contact betwen the proto-Balkanite Latins and the proto-Albanians was possible. But this was the contact zone between the Illyrian, Thracian and other languages.

No, they were not. Their ancestors only. Or maybe yes, if their ancestors' language was an isolated language in the ancient times (definitely not Illyrian or Thracian!). Becasue the independent language is isolated from the other languages, a distance is needed for this. But the chance to this is not too big.

The great problem with the Albanian is the formation period. There are not living relatives or well documented ancient relatives to the reconstruction of the process and the internal evolution of this language was huge in the last two thousands years.
    You know what is the problem with you and many other posters here? The first and only thing that you make here is arriving at the conclusion. But before the conclusions you have to post here some facts, evidences, opinion of authors, etc. We can discuss on this facts and later we can have a conclusion. For this reason i asked you to elaborate your theory. For example, what proves do you have that Albanians are from Central Balkans? Only your conclusions without evidence to prove your opinion, are nothing, sorry to say this. Do you understand?

The contemporary Albanian territory was dominantly Slavonic after the invasion. Slavonic toponyms in the present Albania:
    This is a map of an slav author. What do you know about the slavic toponyms in Albania?

Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,252
    Given: 12,954

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessWin View Post
    Where the fuck are these Albanians ?? Because here in Greece i see only midget idiots with big noses and ears
    LMAO

Last Online
    09-19-2021 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,595
    Given: 409

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    You know what is the problem with you and many other posters here? The first and only thing that you make here is arriving at the conclusion. But before the conclusions you have to post here some facts, evidences, opinion of authors, etc. We can discuss on this facts and later we can have a conclusion. For this reason i asked you to elaborate your theory. For example, what proves do you have that Albanians are from Central Balkans? Only your conclusions without evidence to prove your opinion, are nothing, sorry to say this. Do you understand?
    The strong Albanian-Romanian lingual connection is the evidence. Huge number of Albanian loanwords in the Romanian and Latin loandwords in the Albanian language. And:

This is a map of an slav author. What do you know about the slavic toponyms in Albania?
    This means massive Slavonic population in the present territory of Albania. Basically the contemporary Central and Southern Albania was clearly Slavic land, the contemporary Albanian and Vlach population is Ottoman era migrant in here. The only part of the contemporary Albania with low number of Slavic toponyms is the mountainous Northern Albania. Presumably this region was the western part of the Albanian homeland, where the native Balkanite population survived and the Albanian ethnicity and language formed in the early medieval times.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessWin View Post
    Where the fuck are these Albanians ?? Because here in Greece i see only midget idiots with big noses and ears

Spot the Albanian .LOL
    The article only quotes what an unamed deluded person says about Albanians,probably a narcissist American Albanian. That's why it places the quote in bracelets. You can find similar quotes for every ethnicity under the sun. Poor complexed Albanians, it's not often they hear flattering quotes about them, for they have posted that quote like 1000 times.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The strong Albanian-Romanian lingual connection is the evidence. Huge number of Albanian loanwords in the Romanian and Latin loandwords in the Albanian language. And:

This means massive Slavonic population in the present territory of Albania. Basically the contemporary Central and Southern Albania was clearly Slavic land, the contemporary Albanian and Vlach population is Ottoman era migrant in here. The only part of the contemporary Albania with low number of Slavic toponyms is the mountainous Northern Albania. Presumably this region was the western part of the Albanian homeland, where the native Balkanite population survived and the Albanian ethnicity and language formed in the early medieval times.
    I can give an answer to all your points in your post, but first i please you to explain better this theory that Albanians arrived in Central and South Albania during the Ottoman era. I consider this very important.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-20-2024 @ 09:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Kosovo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 464
    Given: 35

0 Not allowed!

Sound examples

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

0 Not allowed!

I don't get this. Albanian the oldest European language yet it's third after Greek and Armenian? Isn't Greek European? Sort of almost Armenian too?

More fitting title would've just been Albanian: a relatively old language.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Excuse me if I insist, but you did not answer to my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    I can give an answer to all your points in your post, but first i please you to explain better this theory that Albanians arrived in Central and South Albania during the Ottoman era. I consider this very important.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,400
    Given: 12,599

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Drawing-slim View Post
    According to a recent article published by New York Times Albania is the oldest European language but third world oldest just behind Armenian & Greek.
    Where is the article? It's understood that Basque is older. Even if speaking of only Indo-European languages there is obviously a record of Greek being spoken long before there was a record of Albanian. We have The Odyssey, Plato[s Republic, etc. (obviously an archaic Greek).

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,420
    Given: 12,533

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Where is the article? It's understood that Basque is older. Even if speaking of only Indo-European languages there is obviously a record of Greek being spoken long before there was a record of Albanian. We have The Odyssey, Plato[s Republic, etc. (obviously an archaic Greek).
    All those ancients you mentioned spoke in what is now called modern day Albanian language. Well, only about 85% albanian of course thats a long time and languages evolve.
    The link has been provided by another member in the first of second page. Its an old thead and i tend to move on

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information