Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sami are typical north europeans or more exotic and darker generally speaking?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

0 Not allowed!

These are pictures of a Sami I once met in northern Norway: of course, I won’t tell his name to preserve his privacy.
    He has a distinctive Siberian look; He could pass for a Nenets without any problem. In New Zealand, people would even think he has some Maori blood.

sami.jpg

saami.jpg

I also remember a funny story, I used to work as a tour guide in Norway for cruise passengers. Most of my colleagues were foreigners without any previous experience of Norway. Some of them were ashamed to tell the tourists that they weren’t native Norwegians, so they pretended to be locals. One of the new guides was half-German, half-Malagasy (from Madagascar), he had a dark complexion and black and curly hair (he looked more or less like a Sudanese Arab), and he always told the tourists he was a Sami ! The worst is that everyone believed him.
    Another guide was a Thai woman. One day, one of the passengers asked her if she was a Sami too. What a lack of knowledge !

Banned
    Last Online
    03-21-2018 @ 04:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon, Pro-Circumcision
    Ethnicity
    English American
    Ancestry
    English and Lowland Scottish immigrants to North America. Pro-Circumcision.
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,888
    Given: 2,144

1 Not allowed!

The Saami are substanially genetically Mongoloid and radically different from Europeans. They are more than 50% Y-DNA haplogroup N1C. They only resemble Europeans in MTDNA. They also have substantially more Neanderthal DNA than anyone else in Europe -- Neanderthal DNA is a proxy for Mongoloid admixture.

Saami Neanderthal autosomal admixture is 1.363 which is comparable to Mongolians and Tibetans. This is 20% or more than one standard above the West Eurasian mean. You cannot be European and have +1.300 Neanderthal A-DNA. Anyone and everyone above the magic 1.300 cutoff line is non-Caucasoid.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-21-2018 @ 04:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon, Pro-Circumcision
    Ethnicity
    English American
    Ancestry
    English and Lowland Scottish immigrants to North America. Pro-Circumcision.
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,888
    Given: 2,144

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Valtaves View Post
    The Saami are not in no way a typical northern European population, nor are they in fact a typical arctic population either. If you read the works of old anthropologists you will notice that according to them Saamis are both shorter and more gracile than the Northeast Asian populations (Saamis fex have weak mandibles, where as Siberian populations have strong mandibles). So in that sense it becomes nonsense to explain their physical type only through their Siberian genes.

Here is a picture from Madison Grant I believe

The skull on the left is a Eskimo skull and the skull on the right is 'supposed' to be a Sami skull. Personally I believe that the skull on the right is some strange trolling from Grants part. It looks extremely peculiar to be a typical skull of any population. It could be that it is a childs skull fex. Nevertheless modern science also has confirmed that Saami are a bit of a enigma what comes to physical type. It is a well known fact that Arctic populations tend to harbor very large brain capacities, but Saamis are a bit below European average in this regard whereas Finns fex have very large heads http://yle.fi/uutiset/big-headed_fin...charts/7266267

I think it could be possible, that they have, as a population, at some point went through long periods of extreme famine, which has had a effect on their physical type.
    Everything contained within this post is misinformed and contrived. As usual, you are sorely mistaken. That picture is from a 1980s book called "Race" by John Baker -- Madison Grant had been dead for years when it was published. The skull on the right is not a child skull or unusual in any way. It's face and jaw are broader and more robust than the Eskimo skull; your feeble mind is presumably more concerned with the deformation-like buckling and keeling of the Eskimo mandible, as in the gonial region, which serves no mechanical purposes whatsoever.

The Saami/Lapp skull also has a far greater cranial capacity, and Lapps have far larger brains than Eskimos, who are generally small brained. Comparing Eskimos to Lapps is pointless; they are two entirely different populations living on opposite sides of the planet, and Eskimos in particular have undergone the most severe population bottlenecking in human history. Rest assured it is the Eskimo who are deviant among Arctic people, and there is no way the Saami features could be caused by starvation (an experience far more familiar to Eskimos). Much to the contrary, the Saami skull is the stronger of the two.
    Last edited by Grab the Gauge; 10-23-2016 at 01:54 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information