Religion
    Cult to Pyrene
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,755
    Given: 1,407

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Empecinado View Post
    Part of my family were Valencian speakers and lived these times, and they said it's true the languages were despised, marginalized and considered low class but nobody forced them to stop speaking it. Also the language use in public life was a very secondary thing for common people, when you are starving and striving to survive, in many cases illiterate, you don't worry about these things.
    I don't know what it was like in Valencia, things may have well been more relaxed there, but I certainly know what it was like in here. Anyway, I prefer not to go on, as I'd get excited and this is not the thread for that anyway.
    < La Catalogne peut se passer de l'univers entier, et ses voisins ne peuvent se passer d'elle. > Voltaire

Yo para ser feliz quiero un menhir. B01AB20's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-03-2023 @ 04:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,586
    Given: 3,544

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Comte Arnau View Post
    I can expect this kind of attempts to minimize the whole thing from the other Spanish nationalists in the forum but you surprised me here, honestly.
    he's spaniard... so it must be in his genes.

don't you remember?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

2 Not allowed!

I didn't mean to drag this thread so off-topic. I was merely trying to say that race/ethnicity is only one sort of division in a society - social class/wealth, religion, region etc. are all important too.

Last Online
    02-24-2020 @ 10:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,189
    Given: 3,351

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie Estefan View Post
    I didn't mean to drag this thread so off-topic. I was merely trying to say that
    race/ethnicity is only one sort of division in a society
    This is by far the largest problem a society can have bar none, one group has to dominate, in western countries they are trying (they have) to destroy the pecking order which will destroy the country, and I argue that this is being done intentionally. Majority of today's conflicts (major and minor) are occurring between ethnic groups within a countries borders not country vs country (Ukraine, Tibet, Iraq, 52 countries on the dark continent and minor beef in Belgium and Baltic, of course don't forget UK,Sweden....). The way it is set up in the west, multiculturalism will not work. If you disagree please give examples.

- social class/wealth, religion, region (rural vs urban) etc. are all important too.
    yes, but in homogeneous society these things usually work themselves out and when they get out of balance it's time to chop off some heads (revolt against monarchs, civil war.....). And if you add the above divisions with race/ethnicity then good luck to you.
    Last edited by Hong Key; 09-09-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EuropaArise View Post
    This is by far the largest problem a society can have bar none, one group has to dominate, in western countries they are trying (they have) to destroy the pecking order which will destroy the country, and I argue that this is being done intentionally. Majority of today's conflicts are occurring between ethnic groups within a countries boarders not country vs country (Ukraine, Tibet, Syria, 52 countries on the dark continent and minor beef in Belgium and Baltic, of course don't forget UK,Sweden....). The way it is set up in the west, multiculturalism will not work. If you disagree please give examples.

yes, but in homogeneous society these things usually work themselves out and when they get out of balance it's time to chop off some heads (revolt against monarchs, civil war.....). And if you add the above divisions with race/ethnicity then good luck to you.
    Indeed, and even if race & ethnicity are one of many potential divisions, i don't see the reason to create more division unless harm is meant to result. It seems strange to me that certain people want to divide society even more and call it progress. Especially when you look at either what happens if that society remains divided (conflict), or wants to bring more unity by taking action (usually conflict as well), it's blatantly obvious to anyone with more brain than heart that it is a bad idea to create more division, because it will always lead to more problems than solutions. It'll come back to bite everyone in the arse, or worse.

There is fundamentally no need, no incentive to make a society more diverse. Maybe it will create more competition, but that amount of competition is no good for a society that wants to be stable. It is a destructive act, pure and simple, and those responsible are malevolent beings.

Last Online
    02-24-2020 @ 10:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,189
    Given: 3,351

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    Indeed, and even if race & ethnicity are one of many potential divisions, i don't see the reason to create more division unless harm is meant to result. It seems strange to me that certain people want to divide society even more and call it progress. Especially when you look at either what happens if that society remains divided (conflict), or wants to bring more unity by taking action (usually conflict as well), it's blatantly obvious to anyone with more brain than heart that it is a bad idea to create more division, because it will always lead to more problems than solutions. It'll come back to bite everyone in the arse, or worse.

There is fundamentally no need, no incentive to make a society more diverse. Maybe it will create more competition, but that amount of competition is no good for a society that wants to be stable. It is a destructive act, pure and simple, and those responsible are malevolent beings.
    You tell the indigenous people "Diversity is our greatest strength"and mass immigration will make our country awesome (think of all the wonderful restaurants we will have) but if you complain about it you are racist (including reporting pedophilia) and will be punished. You tell immigrants you can keep your cultures and 3rd world ways. Now the elites (Merkel and others) are saying multiculturalism isn't working we need Integration. Integration into what? They don't want our McCulture and I don't blame them. The native cultures are being/have been destroyed, where as most immigrates want to keep their culture and do not want to integrate. Even if all immigration stopped today there is enough non Whites to fundamentally change European societies permanently, that is forever. I say it is intentional and nothing good will come of it for the indigenous people of Europe.
    Last edited by Hong Key; 09-09-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Last Online
    05-26-2023 @ 09:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Britannic
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,797
    Given: 5,979

0 Not allowed!

I'll ask this question again because it is a critical one: if the ethno-cultural preservationists in a European or New World country are in a minority then what should they do? What would be the most fruitful way for them to proceed?

Me Ne Frego!
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German, Irish, Norman French
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Politics
    Manifest Destiny/Radical Traditionalism
    Hero
    Mustang Wanted
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,838
    Given: 9,881

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Willem View Post
    Not going to happen ever.

Because of the English language, the UK will always attract more non-white immigrants than the rest of Europe as English is already dominant in many nonwhite countries.
    And the British are morally obligated to open the floodgates? I think not.
    "Tradition is tending the flame, not worshiping the ashes." - Gustav Mahler

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information