Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you agree that mideast and southasia are culturally and racially related

卍Descendant of a Simurgh and Garuda卍 Shah-Jehan's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-22-2017 @ 03:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    卍Indo-aryan/Indo-Iranian卍
    Ethnicity
    বাঙালি
    Ancestry
    Aryavarta + Eranshahr
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    Aryan
    Politics
    বাংগালীয়ানা
    Hero
    Ishvar
    Religion
    ইসলাম
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,474
    Given: 11,852

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMurican View Post
    yes i agree, related to china and southeast asia too, there is lots of hinduism/buddism in thailand etc. and also in china, and also genetically they are related i didnt included it because southasians look very often like mideasterners to me.
    South Asia is the most diverse region on earth (more diverse than all other continents except Africa), in terms of race, religion, culture, language, looks etc. Basically, all great civilizations have tried to conquer South Asia because it's such rich in resources from Turkic empires to the Caliphate to Europeans like Portuguese or British.

South Asian kings used to rule all of South-east Asia (except Philipines) and have inserted lot of influence in there and also China (did you know that Kung-fu originated with a South Indian Buddhist priest who taught it to Chinese on his visit but, the tradition was forgotten in South Asia after decline of Buddhism)

South Asians can look like a lot of groups, from middle-easterners to South-east Asians to East-Asians etc.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,112
    Given: 58,882

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by callmeswarthy View Post
    Genetically not really but culturally yes.

Here you can see genetic results for the middle east and south asia.
    those genetic results dont tell much, of course indians have southasian and mideasterners dont, on a pca plot southasia cluster is probably close to middle east and middle east close to europe (on a global map)

kostenlose bilder
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shah-Jehan View Post
    South Asia is the most diverse region on earth (more diverse than all other continents except Africa), in terms of race, religion, culture, language, looks etc. Basically, all great civilizations have tried to conquer South Asia because it's such rich in resources from Turkic empires to the Caliphate to Europeans like Portuguese or British.

South Asian kings used to rule all of South-east Asia (except Philipines) and have inserted lot of influence in there and also China (did you know that Kung-fu originated with a South Indian Buddhist priest who taught it to Chinese on his visit but, the tradition was forgotten in South Asia after decline of Buddhism)

South Asians can look like a lot of groups, from middle-easterners to South-east Asians to East-Asians etc.
    but most indians look similar, and the ones who look like southeast or east asians are called chinks and discriminated, the indian supreme court even ruled that the word chink is racist etc. i think most indians look like a darker version of a iranian, a little bit different but similar
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Banned
    Last Online
    06-03-2023 @ 02:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alevi Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Tunceli/Dersim - Turkey
    Country
    Samoa
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    something with E
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Med + Taurid (The Blade , Cybernautic , Eggyolk, Pribislav ,Commonsense,Kimbo)
    Politics
    ***! SALUTE TO THE WEST ASIAN RACE ! ***
    Hero
    my mom and siblings
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,515
    Given: 15,680

1 Not allowed!

southasians often look like mideasterners to me and vice versa, but LL Cool J is african, thats not the same. On Wednesday i have been to a kurdish restaurant and two guys were really dark, dark like my mum, and the features were close to romani people and northindian people. If i saw them in serbia i would think they are romani and if i saw them in england i would have thought they are pakistanis. It is also thick eyebrows and hairy arms. My romani family is also quiete hairy and punjabis are also quiete hairy etc. depends on the indians, tamils probably less but punjabis and north indians etc. look damn close to arabs and iranians, kurds etc. i noticed many turks look like yugoslavs or albanians or greeks though. So i would count out western and middle turkey and start the middle east in eastern turkey.
    I know what you mean but like I said certain regions in south asia have people that look close to west asians ...yes some punjabi people look indeed like middle easterners ..also pashtuns , some balochs etc.
    well I dont know how those "kurds" look (since I cant see them) but I can tell you as a kurd that most kurds dont look south asian and that I also have been guessed as south asian maybe 2-3 times in my whole life (south asians themselves never guessed me south asian)
    I wouldnt have a problem with it ...but there is a big difference

I will also show by photos what I mean soon ...give me a few minutes

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Quid-Pro-Quo View Post
    I know what you mean but like I said certain regions in south asia have people that look close to west asians ...yes some punjabi people look indeed like middle easterners ..also pashtuns , some balochs etc.
    well I dont know how those "kurds" look (since I cant see them) but I can tell you as a kurd that most kurds dont look south asian and that I also have been guessed as south asian maybe 2-3 times in my whole life (south asians themselves never guessed me south asian)
    I wouldnt have a problem with it ...but there is a big difference

I will also show by photos what I mean soon ...give me a few minutes
    Kurds dont look like southasians to me i see the difference, but it is similar thats my point. Kurds are also similar to other people etc. but i think out of all world regions southasians are closest to middle east from looks but culturally and genetically also to china and thailand etc. because they have native southasian which is close to southeast asia etc. but it is not so much in the looks, indians are darker though

卍Descendant of a Simurgh and Garuda卍 Shah-Jehan's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-22-2017 @ 03:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    卍Indo-aryan/Indo-Iranian卍
    Ethnicity
    বাঙালি
    Ancestry
    Aryavarta + Eranshahr
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    Aryan
    Politics
    বাংগালীয়ানা
    Hero
    Ishvar
    Religion
    ইসলাম
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,474
    Given: 11,852

1 Not allowed!

but most indians look similar, and the ones who look like southeast or east asians are called chinks and discriminated, the indian supreme court even ruled that the word chink is racist etc. i think most indians look like a darker version of a iranian, a little bit different but similar
    That is a generalization, they are called Chinks mostly by like racist or ultra-nationalist people in regions like Maharashtra, personally, I know some Tripuris (north-east Indian tribe descended from migrating South Chinese) who I call chinks but, I don't really mean it on an ethnic basis simply because they are against Bengalis and such.

Yeah, a lot of South Asians can pass in countries like Iran and vice versa but, it is a myth if you say they are just a darker version of Iranian because many features do differ but, as I said, lots of South Asians can pass, yes. But, yes, the North-west Subcontinent (Gujarat, Sindh, Punjab, Kashmir) are very racially related with Iran then they are to fellow South Asian region of Bengal for e.g. but, this is not true of other regions. Many people like Iranians have blended into South Asian society such as the Parsis who are pure Zoroastrian Persians but, can easily pass as Gujaratis or for e.g. Persians/Afghans in North India,West India and Bengal like the famous Isfahani family who comes from my birth town and also me partially.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ispahani_family

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2014 @ 09:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    Paleo-Balkan
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Calabria
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,549
    Given: 6,832

1 Not allowed!

those genetic results dont tell much, of course indians have southasian and mideasterners dont, on a pca plot southasia cluster is probably close to middle east and middle east close to europe (on a global map)

kostenlose bilder
    South Asians (from Afghanistan to India) are made up mostly of 3 main components: Caucasus type of west Asian which peaks in Georgians, south Indian component and Baltic (east) European- this can create a pseudo middle eastern look depending on the ratio. You start seeing the difference in Iranians, where levantine east med and Arabian red sea increase dramatically - two components which are almost non-existent in south Asia. I somewhat agree you can mistake them for each other phenotypically though (mostly with west asians not semites)

It also depends which maps we use because for instance on 23andme, the "west asian (Caucasus, Persian ect)" and "near eastern (Levantine)" grids are on different locations. The west asian joins with south asian but the levantine is an extension of southern europe and joins north africa ect.
    Last edited by cally; 09-20-2014 at 03:38 AM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by callmeswarthy View Post
    South Asians (from Afghanistan to India) are made up mostly of 3 main components: Caucasus type of west Asian which peaks in Georgians, south Indian component and Baltic (east) European- this can create a pseudo middle eastern look depending on the ratio. You start seeing the difference in Iranians, where levantine east med and Arabian red sea increase dramatically - two components which are almost non-existent in south Asia. I somewhat agree you can mistake them for each other phenotypically though.

It also depends which maps we use because for instance on 23andme, the "west asian (Caucasus, Persian ect)" and "near eastern (Levantine)" grids are on different locations. The west asian joins with south asian but the levantine is joined with with southern europe and north africa ect.
    of course southasian cluster is different. i dont know about caucasus and baltic but it is mostly ANI and ASI from what i know. ASI is indigenous southasian not related to middle east or europe and ANI is related to europe and middle east. ASI is probably a lonely cluster not related to anyone except southasia. Both is ten thousand years old was found in a study, ASI 50.000 years old and ANI 30.000 years old and ten thousand years ago they mixed etc. SO there are various opinions not all agree it is aryan invasion etc. it is mostly indigenous southasian. Southasian are genetically different then mideasterns but mideasterners are also genetically different then europeans they dont have balkan italian or german etc. and still they form a close cluster, southasians are on world closest to mideast and europe closer then to chinese, nigerians or amerindians etc. thanks for your input though i agree they are not the same but they have similarities i think. Once i studied with a kurdish girl and she said to me that "southasia is close to islam" she probably meant close to middle east.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-01-2018 @ 12:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,891
    Given: 2,183

1 Not allowed!

I think there are some cultural points.

Such as Henna night before marriage.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2014 @ 09:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    Paleo-Balkan
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Calabria
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,549
    Given: 6,832

1 Not allowed!

of course southasian cluster is different. i dont know about caucasus and baltic but it is mostly ANI and ASI from what i know. ASI is indigenous southasian not related to middle east or europe and ANI is related to europe and middle east. ASI is probably a lonely cluster not related to anyone except southasia. Both is ten thousand years old was found in a study, ASI 50.000 years old and ANI 30.000 years old and ten thousand years ago they mixed etc. SO there are various opinions not all agree it is aryan invasion etc. it is mostly indigenous southasian. Southasian are genetically different then mideasterns but mideasterners are also genetically different then europeans they dont have balkan italian or german etc. and still they form a close cluster, southasians are on world closest to mideast and europe closer then to chinese, nigerians or amerindians etc. thanks for your input though i agree they are not the same but they have similarities i think. Once i studied with a kurdish girl and she said to me that "southasia is close to islam" she probably meant close to middle east.
    Culturally there is quite a lot. Even Turkish culture and south Asian culture, mostly through Islam.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information