Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,819
    Given: 4,919

0 Not allowed!

Civilization mostly occurs through the control, direction, and manipulation of a large population of autistic beta male nerds. One nerd maybe idiotic due to over-specialization. But after you combine hundreds and thousands of different types of nerds, physicists, engineers, doctors, astronomers, rocket scientists, genetic engineers, computer technicians, etc. then you have a civilization, since civilization relies and depends upon these specialized types. Specialization is essential to civilization. If a population includes too many alpha male Afrikan machete wielding bushmen then yes, it will collapse eventually. Because barbaric types of people do not adapt nor remain peaceful in highly organized atmosphere/environment/civilization.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-01-2016 @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnikk
    Country
    Vatican-City
    Taxonomy
    Syrian Slayer
    Politics
    Islam or Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,636
    Given: 1,670

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unome View Post
    Civilization mostly occurs through the control, direction, and manipulation of a large population of autistic beta male nerds. One nerd maybe idiotic due to over-specialization. But after you combine hundreds and thousands of different types of nerds, physicists, engineers, doctors, astronomers, rocket scientists, genetic engineers, computer technicians, etc. then you have a civilization, since civilization relies and depends upon these specialized types. Specialization is essential to civilization. If a population includes too many alpha male Afrikan machete wielding bushmen then yes, it will collapse eventually. Because barbaric types of people do not adapt nor remain peaceful in highly organized atmosphere/environment/civilization.
    No, it happens when well-rounded individuals direct these nerds. Not when the nerds are running the show, which is the direct root of what we got today.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2018 @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    You will not like it
    Hero
    el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,148
    Given: 18,117

2 Not allowed!

You know if the Catholic church still ran Europe...they would have forbidden nuclear weapons testing. Just like the forbid Galileo, they would have made it sinful to research atomic bombs. In that sense, I see some good in restricting knowledge.

Some knowledge (and Im not talking about state secrets/security matters) should be kept secret, and in fact I believe there are entities who control the dissemination of knowledge/technology. What we think as top of the line technology is really hand-me-downs that are diluted for public consumption. The Catholic church messed up because their reliance on the status quo was important to protect the 'flock' from losing faith...and if this reliance supersedes an idea's scientific and revolutionary value, good...but if it doesnt, we end up with the Church endorsing Ptolemaic model for the planets.

But atleast the factor is FAITH...a benevolent factor, if I say so myself. Today's "Catholic Church" aka the NWO, appropriates technology using other factors as criteria. (Agenda 21 for eg)

Banned
    Last Online
    12-31-2014 @ 10:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Antique.
    Ethnicity
    Remnants of the Antique past.
    Country
    Flanders
    Taxonomy
    Dinarized Irano-pontid.
    Politics
    Imperium rex romanorum
    Religion
    Roman paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 932
    Given: 1,686

0 Not allowed!

Funny how people saying "the more you learn, the more you realize how little you really know." are probably the ones that have never intensively learned.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,496
    Given: 5,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMalus View Post
    No, it happens when well-rounded individuals direct these nerds. Not when the nerds are running the show, which is the direct root of what we got today.
    I agree, what we lacking today is real leaders with vision, not some polytechnical nerds who never went out in the real world (even less on a battlefield). In time of wars, the technological advancement used to make giant leap forward, because there were leaders driving all the "nerds" towards specific goals.
    People are told that a consensual leader is the best quality they should seek for their next head of state. It's just lack of foresight.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2018 @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    You will not like it
    Hero
    el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,148
    Given: 18,117

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phularion View Post
    Funny how people saying "the more you learn, the more you realize how little you really know." are probably the ones that have never intensively learned.
    And you make this assertion based on what?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-01-2018 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMalus View Post
    Isn't this what I implied? Who commands the nerds of civilization, is it the Afrikan machete wielding bushmen or somebody else? Who is a "well-rounded individual"?

Individualist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-13-2019 @ 02:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian & Yankee
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway Paternal: Massachusetts
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Connecticut
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Marcus Tullius Cicero and Nikola Tesla
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,884
    Given: 1,005

1 Not allowed!

You used the "impertinent second person." Therefore, I shall reply as if the question were directed to me alone. NO ! My hunger for knowledge is insatiable. Being mortal, I can never learn as much as I want to know. I admit that I have no idea what, if any, use this knowledge will be to me or anyone else when I die, but that does not stop me from lusting after it.

When I was a boy, before I realised that it is impossible, I wanted, like Sir Francis Bacon, to "take all knowledge to be my province." Many persons, were the terrible gift of immortality to be bestowed upon them, would go mad from sheer boredom. I, though, would relish the prospect of having forever to learn whatever I want to know, i.e. virtually everything.
    "This is not my time; this is not my world; these are not my people." - Martin H. Francis

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-01-2018 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Svipdag View Post
    You used the "impertinent second person." Therefore, I shall reply as if the question were directed to me alone. NO ! My hunger for knowledge is insatiable. Being mortal, I can never learn as much as I want to know. I admit that I have no idea what, if any, use this knowledge will be to me or anyone else when I die, but that does not stop me from lusting after it.

When I was a boy, before I realised that it is impossible, I wanted, like Sir Francis Bacon, to "take all knowledge to be my province." Many persons, were the terrible gift of immortality to be bestowed upon them, would go mad from sheer boredom. I, though, would relish the prospect of having forever to learn whatever I want to know, i.e. virtually everything.
    Why do some people want to learn, and others not? Wadaad mentioned that ignorance is bliss, so learning (expansion of knowledge) implies suffering?

Are some people "better" at learning than others? Can't some people learn more or quicker? Should schools keep children in the classroom, who don't want to, or cannot learn?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2015 @ 02:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,275
    Given: 1,534

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudel View Post
    Pushing forward individual knowledge comes at the price of decreasing group homogeneity and coherence. The more you know, the less you're like your siblings.
    And coherence isn't a infinite resource, while being essential to any group survival strategy. So, really, it's a matter of balance as to what objectives you want to accomplish.
    The less you need coherence within the group you're in charge of, the more you should push the pursue of individual interests, and reciprocally. But individual fulfilment isn't intrinsically good, needed or mandatory and shouldn't be considered as such.
    I guess that explains why I spend most of my time studying, while having a near unexistant social life. NO problem really, I never had an ethnicity to begin with, not interested in being part of anything really.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information