Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethnic Groups, Races" etc. you made the worst and best experiences with in real life

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

I'm a bit annoyed with the Filipinos, because they make up most of the people in my apartment building, and that there are only few arab families in the building. I don't have any problems with Filipinos, and really, they're nothing like the Pakistanis. Though i have some Pakistani friends, i have a very bad experiences with them, especially on what happened to my big brother when he was 13-14 years old(he was almost man raped by one). Indians are better than them, but at the same time, they are very arrogant and hypocritical. They think that they are the most important people in the world, and believe that the whole world owes them or something. They look down on the more successful peoples in Asia - namely the chinese, japanese, and other east asians - simply because of jealously, and at the same time, think that they gave the Chinese everything, from religion, art, and culture(the reality is that the only thing "indian" in china is Buddhism, and the Buddha himself was Nepali, not India, and he would look no different from the Sino-tibetan peoples of South asia). Many indians i have met want to associate themselves to china VIA pan-asianism, and at the same time, they hate them. Bengalis are the best south asian people, and they are not like the Pakis or Indians. My experiences with east-asian and south-east asians have been positive so far, and many of my friends from east-asia are chinese(they're mainly of Wu ancestry) and few koreans. The best westerners i have experienced are the Americans, and many of my professors in college are Americans(white americans). I have no problems with the Serbs, and again, i hang out with my Serbian friends nearly every weekend, and really, they are the best people to be with in comparison to other peoples. Russians are good people, but they aren't as humorous as people think they are, and you cant joke about them.

As for Africans, they are nothing like the ones you see in Europe or America, and they don't seem to cause any trouble here. My African friends are mainly from Nigeria and Sudan, but some are from Somalia and Kenya. My best friends were Somalis, and really, i do sometimes feel depressed that they immigrated to Canada(all of their siblings and family members are living there) after they graduated from high school. The Africans here love riding their bikes, talking on their cell phones, and etc.

We dont have any Mexicans here, but my experiences with them in America have been warm and positive.

Last Online
    07-30-2015 @ 09:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    Euro
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Med/CM
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,847
    Given: 2,182

2 Not allowed!

Positive

Filipinos - never had a bad experience. All the ones I have met at school, uni and friends of my family have been great people.
    Indians - they might have a funny accent, but I have a really positive view of the huge Indian community here. Most of them are hard working, smart and family oriented. One of my closest friends is from Punjab.

Negative

Gypsies - I try not to judge people by their ethnic group, but I find them hard to tolerate. A lot of them (I will not say all, but many) are on welfare and their main contribution is petty crime and begging in the street.

I remember being on the train once, and a gypsy woman was asking everyone for money to buy food for her child. Her child was not with her so I did not believe her. I offered to buy some food at the next station, but she said "no! I want money". How ungrateful. I did not give her anything.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Porpolita View Post
    Positive

Filipinos - never had a bad experience. All the ones I have met at school, uni and friends of my family have been great people.
    Indians - they might have a funny accent, but I have a really positive view of the huge Indian community here. Most of them are hard working, smart and family oriented. One of my closest friends is from Punjab.

Negative

Gypsies - I try not to judge people by their ethnic group, but I find them hard to tolerate. A lot of them (I will not say all, but many) are on welfare and their main contribution is petty crime and begging in the street.

I remember being on the train once, and a gypsy woman was asking everyone for money to buy food for her child. Her child was not with her so I did not believe her. I offered to buy some food at the next station, but she said "no! I want money". How ungrateful. I did not give her anything.
    I dont have any problems with Filipinos either, and they dont seem to cause trouble, but i can't say that about south asians here in this country though.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

As for other different arab peoples, i have different experiences with them. Egyptians, both copts and muslims, tend to be a little light headed, sometimes socially awkward and etc, but at the same time, they are the best arabs here. Syria people are good, but they're personality are very different from other arabs, and i dont know how to handle them. Jordanians are like Palestinians, and really, they're not to alien to talk with them or something.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-14-2014 @ 03:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 28

2 Not allowed!

Positive-Everyone.
    Negative-Everyone.

Last Online
    06-19-2018 @ 07:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 697
    Given: 812

0 Not allowed!

positive - well since I live in Slovenia most of my friends are Slovene so I have positive experiences with them

negative - same thing, since I live here, most of negative stuff will be from Slovenes, for example: people arround me talking about "šiptars" and lying about what shit we do and they don't know I'm Albanian, when in fact I've never seen any Albanian abuse Slovenians, especially not me. Or how they can be so ignorant that they ask my mother when she has converted, or when did she put away the headscarf when in fact my whole family has been catholic forever. Or when they ask if we speak Albanian in the house as if that is some kind of crime, I wonder if Slovenians in Germany speak German in their house. Just typical ignorant stuff, nothing too aggressive.

Last Online
    02-25-2020 @ 04:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ignorant
    Ancestry
    Nobody cares.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kansas
    Taxonomy
    Ignorant
    Politics
    Unaffiliated
    Religion
    Non religious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,443
    Given: 2,251

0 Not allowed!

I make a conscious effort to not judge people by ethnicity or race, but I don't walk or avoid driving by a black ghetto neighborhood. When I lived in Cali I also avoided going through the gang infested Hispanic neighborhoods. I was also nervous about walking around downtown in LA streets where most people are dark skinned. I have had good Asian friends, but I have also noticed that when in large groups they can be very racist. I do not trust Gypsy business because around here they are always scamming. I used to live next to an apartment building that was full of Armenians and these are the biggest duchebags. They would park in the alley and block the way, hang out there and play their Armenian music extra load. Blacks, don't even get me started, the list is way too long. Jews, I worked for a Jew and they are greedy bastards. Indians tend to be hard workers and intelligent, but sometimes they lack some common sense and some have hygiene issues. Whites, I have had all kind of experiences from good to bad, but then again they are the people I interact the most.
    "I don't dislike you, I simple don't care!"

Last Online
    03-01-2015 @ 10:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 1,926

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TicTac View Post