Ethnicity
    Lithuanian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 911
    Given: 1,954

0 Not allowed!

Accepting something as truth determines good and bad. Bad doesn't necessarily mean evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuuT View Post
    There are no "non-moral standpoints" in a debate as concerns Morality. Denying that Morality has existence of any kind and/or posing a hypothetical scenario in which rape may not be morally wrong as Morality is but a fiction, negates your argument insofar as all action aginst an existing moral schema transmogrify that Morality as it is Phenomenologically. Ergo, one may say that one refuses acceptance of the dilemma by stating that there is no dilemma; but, one must enter the dilemma to reject it.
    Rejecting statement "rape is bad" means there is different truth behind morality, that regards rape as insignificant to morality determined by accepted truth. The dilemma is not of morality vs. no morality. It's dilemma of morality that considers rape bad vs. morality that considers rape insignificant.
    Please illuminate the 'grey area' of rape. I do not think that you can.
    I'll just hint rape could be strategy of specie reproduction. If survival of specie is good, then rape is good. That's not my view. That's just an example of morality where rape is not just grey, but light.
    Moral facts exist in the moral interpretations of phenomena, whilst simultaneously not existing as phenomena in themselves.
    There is no moral interpretations of phenomena different with interpretations of phenomena. All interpretations determine morality. But what good and bad is in one interpretation can be non issue in other and vice versa.

Last Online
    02-27-2012 @ 12:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I'd also like to note that a moral interpretation doesn't have to be built on a "social contract" or on any social premises/compromises; it can be built on a reevaluation of other-wise accepted values.
    A man who fights for a cause thereby affirms the cause of the fight.

Gone fishing with Lutiferre SuuT's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-07-2010 @ 07:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian Beachbilly
    Ancestry
    Scandinavian
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nordicised Faelid
    Politics
    MeritAristocracy
    Religion
    Heiđinn: Warrior Caste--> Gođi Path
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Breedingvariety View Post
    rape could be strategy of specie reproduction. If survival of specie is good, then rape is good. That's not my view. That's just an example of morality where rape is not just grey, but light.
    Rape as a reproductive strategy in proto-moral space-time must be viewed in light of exactly that space-time.

Perhaps there is some percentage of today's rapists whose drive to rape is an atavistic appearance of archaic reproductive strategy. However, as Morality is a process of self-censure and refinement, many would agree that flowers and chocolates and sweet words work a lot better in the moral now.

I should note, here, that such a phenomenon (rape as reproductive strategy) could re-appear in post-moral space-time (in instances in which Man is more animal than the moral animal).

Quote Originally Posted by Lutiferre View Post
    I'd also like to note that a moral interpretation doesn't have to be built on a "social contract" or on any social premises/compromises; it can be built on a reevaluation of other-wise accepted values.
    The process is certainly dynamic. I imagine one would have to have a time machine and be privy to the anagenesis and ethnogenesis of a people to know what is the chicken, and what is the egg.
    Often, in our attempts to show people that they do not know what they believe they do, it is exposed that they lack any identity whatsoever - beyond the belief that they know anything at all.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information