View Poll Results: Which country is culturally the closest to Slovenia?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Croatia

21 42.00%
  • Austria

19 38.00%
  • Hungary

0 0%
  • Serbia

2 4.00%
  • Slovakia

8 16.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which country is culturally the closest to Slovenia?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-04-2023 @ 05:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 957
    Given: 1,498

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Иван View Post
    How common is yodeling in Slovenia?
    There is no written, or oral, or any tiniest sliver of rumor that yodeling was present among the Slovene speaking population of the Alps.

Last Online
    12-31-2023 @ 11:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavomongol
    Ethnicity
    fugly
    Country
    Pakistan
    Y-DNA
    A1DS
    mtDNA
    H1N1
    Taxonomy
    Turanid/Mongoloid
    Hero
    Black O'Banana
    Religion
    Pantardism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,818
    Given: 3,519

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Permafrost View Post
    There is no written, or oral, or any tiniest sliver of rumor that yodeling was present among the Slovene speaking population of the Alps.
    That's really surprising! Actually, I had it for granted that yodeling had crossed the border, apparently not.
    - Mongol Pride Worldwide -
    - Uzbek Pride Worldwide -
    -------------------------------------

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-04-2023 @ 05:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 957
    Given: 1,498

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Иван View Post
    That's really surprising! Actually, I had it for granted that yodeling had crossed the border, apparently not.
    Jodlanje is present in the Slovene vocabulary, but has negative connotations. You can say nehi jodlat as in stop talking bullshit. Sometimes it is also used to refer to Balkan turbo-folk music.

But we have bagpipes in our folk music.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-09-2018 @ 10:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 601
    Given: 1,113

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbërori View Post

Kanun -> Dusan's code, Highlanders (specifically Montenegro region), tribal families, lahuta -> gusli, Ottoman influenced vocabulary, cuisine & many, many other ones. Honestly, most visitors don't have an extra Slavic feel when they visit the areas of ex Yugoslavia and you share many cultural similarities with us due to common non-Slavic Paleo-Balkanite ancestors.[/FONT]
    LOL
    I heard of Albanian Kanun.
    Your belief that something similar exists in Serbia is unbelievable and show a level of your ignorance.
    You are actually completely incompetent for this discussion.
    Kanun is a set of traditional Albanian laws. It was used under that form until the 20th century. It was forbidden during the communist regime and revived recently after the fall of the communist regime in the early 1990s.
    Emperor Dusan's Law Codex (Zakonik cara Dušana) was one of the first laws in the medieval Europe.
    The Code was based on Roman-Byzantine law. It was enacted by Serbian emperor Dušan in 1349. The use of the law has ceased with the collapse of the medieval Serbian state.
    I cannot see any connection with Albanian Kanun. I cannot see influence of Emperor Dusan's Law Codex from 1349 on life in 21th century. Albanian Kanun has influence on Albanian society even today.
    Highlanders? I don't understand. There are highlanders in Switzerland also.
    Tribes? There were historical tribes in Montenegro, as in many other areas in world. So what?
    Turkish loanwords are used in every country that was under Ottoman rule. In modern times, most of Turkish loanwords are replaced by Slavic words.

Honestly, most visitors don't have an extra Slavic feel when they visit the areas of ex Yugoslavia and you share many cultural similarities with us due to common non-Slavic Paleo-Balkanite ancestors.
    Don't make me laugh.
    There are no greater Serb - haters on this forum than Albanians. At the same time you are trolling Serb and trying to prove that Albanians and Serbs have the same ancestors.
    Paleo Balkanite population was destroyed and taken into slavery by Huns. Slavic population came to the area that was unpopulated. There were several waves of Slavic invasions in Balkan. That is why exist regional difference in the distribution of two Slavic haplogroups ( I and R1a haplogroups).
    Last edited by katniss; 07-23-2015 at 12:16 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Viribus Unitis View Post
    Mentality of a person who left home at 16 and then hit the ground.
    You have a mentality of person prone to conflicts.

You have no clue about my life, nor what i have been trough (I lost parent when i was 15) so please stop with your BS.
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Last Online
    05-05-2021 @ 11:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Arberor
    Ancestry
    Shqipëri
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    St Albans
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,713
    Given: 3,033

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rv12aval View Post
    LOL
    My reaction exactly.

I heard of Albanian Kanun.
    Your belief that something similar exists in Serbia is unbelievable and show a level of your ignorance.
    You are actually completely incompetent for this discussion.
    Rather look at your incompetent ad hominems...

Kanun is a set of traditional Albanian laws. It was used under that form until the 20th century. It was forbidden during the communist regime and revived recently after the fall of the communist regime in the early 1990s.
    Emperor Dusan's Law Codex (Zakonik cara Dušana) was one of the first laws in the medieval Europe.
    The Code was based on Roman-Byzantine law. It was enacted by Serbian emperor Dušan in 1349. The use of the law has ceased with the collapse of the medieval Serbian state.
    I cannot see any connection with Albanian Kanun. I cannot see influence of Emperor Dusan's Law Codex from 1349 on life in 21th century. Albanian Kanun has influence on Albanian society even today.
    The Kanun itself has preserved many Indo-European prehistoric elements yet alone Byzantine... I did not say they're the same law or derive from each other but clearly indicates quite a similarity, considering the fact it was promulgated in Skopje which had a notable Albanian presence or are you going to throw in some Caucasus theory?

Highlanders? I don't understand. There are highlanders in Switzerland also.
    Tribes? There were historical tribes in Montenegro, as in many other areas in world. So what?
    One only has to look at the surnames of Montenegrin highlanders to see that it correlates with the Albanian ones in the area. The tribal families in the Balkans are clearly different from the rest of the world, don't try to divulge from the subject.

Turkish loanwords are used in every country that was under Ottoman rule. In modern times, most of Turkish loanwords are replaced by Slavic words.
    So loanwords are not a cultural similarity? Then please, enlighten me... Of course there are Slavic words for the loanwords but Turkish ones are predominately used and you know it, especially in Southern Serbia.

Don't make me laugh.
    That's your part.

There are no greater Serb - haters on this forum than Albanians. At the same time you are trolling Serb and trying to prove that Albanians and Serbs have the same ancestors.
    Paleo Balkanite population was destroyed and taken into slavery by Huns. Slavic population came to the area that was unpopulated. There were several waves of Slavic invasions in Balkan. That is why exist regional difference in the distribution of two Slavic haplogroups ( I and R1a haplogroups).
    I'm not trolling anyone... The fact Serbs have native ancestors is present in the rest of your haplogroups, don't worry, I'm the last person here to associate myself with Serbs, but be realistic, you don't really resemble your Russian or Ukrainian ancestors, that's where the natives kicked in. As of the area being unpopulated, that is rather ignorant. Where did Albanians come from? Romanians? Vlachs? Greeks? Several waves has nothing to do with this, don't delude yourself any further.

Last Online
    09-12-2015 @ 01:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    With long history of blodshed
    Country
    Belarus
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21
    Taxonomy
    Kurganoid
    Politics
    Traditionalism & Reactionary Right
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,816
    Given: 1,259

1 Not allowed!

Slovenia is Balkanic as Slovakia is.
    Stop this nonsense. Fact that there are too many Balkanites in Slovenia don't change the fact that Slovenia originally, and true SLOVENES (Not Serb,Albanian,Bosnian immigrants) are central Europeans by blood, by culture and behavior and mentality.

It is very sad that Slovenia got balkanized.
    Let us leave modern men to their ‘truths’ and let us only be concerned about one thing: to keep standing amid a world of ruins.
    - Julius Evola "Handbook of traditional living"

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Many in Slovenia yearn for old Yugoslavia
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ugoslavia.html
    "As Slovenia prepares to take on the presidency of the European Union growing numbers of Slovenes are yearning for the old Yugoslavia.
    The phenomenon of Jugonostalgija has come to Slovenia despite the country's successful entry to the euro, the first of the new EU countries to join, and after 17 years of independence.
    Slovenia is hailed as a great Balkan success story and a glowing EU example for the other countries of the former Communist Yugoslavia that collapsed amid civil war in the 1990s.
    But many Slovenes look back longingly with "Yugo-nostalgia" to the days before EU membership.
    Marco Sporar, a 21-year-old business student who studies in the capital Ljubljana, said he understood why posters of Yugoslavia's founding leader and Second World War hero Marshal Josip Broz Tito are appearing again on the walls of many Slovene homes.
    "I have a picture of Tito at home, my mother worships him," he said. "It was easier to get a job then, now everything is about money."
    Doubts remain about whether the EU will bring Balkans countries, such as Slovenia and Serbia, together or heal the wounds of past conflicts in the former Yugoslavia."

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 9,127

0 Not allowed!

western lithuania, by far imo

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Borna View Post
    Slovenia is Balkanic as Slovakia is.
    Stop this nonsense. Fact that there are too many Balkanites in Slovenia don't change the fact that Slovenia originally, and true SLOVENES (Not Serb,Albanian,Bosnian immigrants) are central Europeans by blood, by culture and behavior and mentality.

It is very sad that Slovenia got balkanized.
    First of all, there is no such thing as Balkan culture, mentality or similar. Balkan is just unclear, almost imaginary, geopolitical term, nothing else.
    Term Balkan is infamous itself more than any country situated on the Balkan, so every fool from Somalia to the some ex communistic countries (Hungary, Belorussia...) which were much worst than former Yugoslavia in every aspect from standard of living to the housing conditions, have opportunity to feel some sort of fake superiority when talking about so called "Balkan".
    It is ridiculous belief of some individuals who think if they put their country somewhere outside of the so called "Balkan", it would change something. For instance, Croats with very distinct feeling of rivalry or competition with Serbs think if they put Croatia in "central Europe" or "western Europe" and left Serbia in "Balkan" (then start to spit on so called "Balkan"), it would instantly make Croatia more brilliant, advanced... whatever.... than Serbia.
    They know very well that they cannot compete with Serbs in any aspect of culture (literature, science, art, medieval history and culture...), so the only way they can make themselves "better" than Serbs is connecting Croatia with Austro-Hungary and spreading lies and fairy tales about some supposedly different and higher culture which Croatia belongs, unlike Serbia.
    There is almost desperate wish of some Croatian forum members to connect themselves with the nations that they consider "higher" than themselves. Croatian forum members demonstrated many times such pathetic lack of any self respect and complex of inferiority, sometimes with the support of this shameless Belorussian fool:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugevit View Post
    Maybe offended by being labelled as people of the Balkans, but getting offended for being labelled as Slavic???
    Last edited by katniss; 01-06-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information