Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,034
    Given: 1,735

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    You know what? I listened to some report several months ago. That was an annual Hollywood Diversity report or something like that. A expert said there was not enough diversity in Hollywood, because most leading actors are still white. He said the country was almost 40% non-white and that should be reflected in the cinema.
    It's insane how fast the non-white population has risen in only in a few decades. In 1950, the US was 90% white, 10% non-white. But get this, in 1790, the US was 80% white and in 1990 it was 80% white. So in 200 years it only fluctuated 10%, and went from 80% to 90%, but then declined back down to 80% after the start of the immigration migration that lead to today's demographics. It was still 4/5 white 200 years ago.

Today, the white population has fallen to just over 60%. (This number is of course non-Hispanic white, because Hispanic whites are hard to count since many mestizos mark "Hispanic-white" in the census, but I predict we are only just a couple percent, also Arabs are counted as white, so a few percent would be deducted for them). So in only 60 years, the population went from 90% white to 60% white, three times the number of fluctuation in the last 200 years, and the non-white percentage is 4 times what it was 60 years ago. At this rate of immigration, in only 60 more years, the white population could possibly become 30% of the population. And in 60 more years...

That's insane.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,583
    Given: 8,906

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Isleño View Post
    It's insane how fast the non-white population has risen in only in a few decades. In 1950, the US was 90% white, 10% non-white. But get this, in 1790, the US was 80% white and in 1990 it was 80% white. So in 200 years it only fluctuated 10%, and went from 80% to 90%, but then declined back down to 10% after the start of the immigration migration that lead to today's demographics. It was still 4/5 white 200 years ago.

Today, the white population has fallen to just over 60%. (This number is of course non-Hispanic white, because Hispanic whites are hard to count since many mestizos mark "Hispanic-white" in the census, but I predict we are only just a couple percent, also Arabs are counted as white, so a few percent would be deducted for them). So in only 60 years, the population went from 90% white to 60% white, three times the number of fluctuation in the last 200 years, and the non-white percentage is 4 times what it was 60 years ago. At this rate of immigration, in only 60 more years, the white population could possibly become 30% of the population. And in 60 more years...

That's insane.
    Yeah, there are predictions that say non-Hispanic whites will be no longer a majority by the year 2040 or around that time.

De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,034
    Given: 1,735

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    Yeah, there are predictions that say non-Hispanic whites will be no longer a majority by the year 2040 or around that time.
    Yeah, I've heard these predictions. I notice you don't hear much from the whites although they know it. I wish I knew how many Hispanic whites there were for sure, that would be good to know.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Isleño View Post
    Yeah, I've heard these predictions. I notice you don't hear much from the whites although they know it. I wish I knew how many Hispanic whites there were for sure, that would be good to know.
    Well, mixing with Mexicans and other Latinos is still better than with blacks and even Asians. Mexicans are about 30-60% Euro, plus Amerindian genes are not so strong.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,917
    Given: 44,995

1 Not allowed!

Rush Limbaugh and his 'black Bond' outrage

The prospect of Idris Elba eventually replacing Daniel Craig as the next James Bond went from hypothetical internet speculation to something more substantial last week, when the Daily Beast uncovered an interesting nugget in the piles of hacked Sony emails.

"Idris should be the next Bond," Sony Pictures chair Amy Pascal wrote, reportedly to a fellow studio executive.
    Continue reading the main story
    “Start Quote

We had 50 years of white Bonds because Bond is white”

Rush Limbaugh Conservative commentator

That was enough to set conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh into a tizzy. Bond, he said on his radio programme last week, has a distinct ethnic profile that Mr Elba, who is black, doesn't fit.

"He was white and Scottish, period. That is who James Bond is," Limbaugh said, adding: "I know it's racist to probably even point this out."

"But the franchise needs to get with it, right?" he continued. "The franchise needs to get hip. The franchise needs to get with the 21st Century. That's right. We had 50 years of white Bonds because Bond is white. Bond was never black."

Limbaugh said that casting Mr Elba as Bond would be equivalent to having George Clooney play Barack Obama or Kelsey Grammar in the role of Nelson Mandela (although he acknowledged the difference between actual people and fictional characters).

Elba responded with humour - "Isn't 007 supposed to [be] handsome?" he tweeted, including a photograph of him looking rather goofy in a knit cap - but some commentators reacted with flashes of anger that would make 007 proud.

"Is there no end to the injustices faced by professional reverse-racism victim Rush Limbaugh?" asks Gawker's Hudson Hongo.

The Daily Beast's Dean Obeidallah says Limbaugh's comments were "definitely" racist. "How else do you describe the notion that certain roles should be labelled as 'whites only'?" he asks.

He writes that fictitious characters should be able to change with the times - including having black Bonds, black Santa Clauses, black orphan Annies, black Captain Americas and similar re-imagining of beloved icons.

"However, to the right, if the character they love was originally white, then they should stay white forever," he says. "They view any updating of a character's skin colour to reflect our nation's changing demographics - and to open up primo roles to non-white actors, who've spent plenty enough decades playing servants and sharecroppers and so on - as a sacrilege."

Others wondered just how important Bond's back story really is to the iconic character.

The Daily Mail's Hanna Flint notes that author Ian Fleming didn't create Bond's Scottish heritage until after the first film, Dr No, was released with Scottish actor Sean Connery in the lead role.

"When writing You Only Live Twice, the spy's parents were given as Andrew Bond, from the village of Glencoe, Scotland, and Monique Delacroix, from the canton of Vaud, Switzerland, to fit with Connery's interpretation of the role," she says.

In fact, the Guardian's Ben Child points out, Connery has been the only Scot to play the role in the franchise's 50-year history.

"Roger Moore was English, Pierce Brosnan Irish and George Lazenby Australian," he writes. "Meanwhile, Timothy Dalton was born in Wales to an English father and American mother."

Even some of Limbaugh's fellow conservatives think he's getting worked up over nothing.

"Normally, I'm down with #RushLimbaugh," tweets Larry Elder. "But, honestly, why should anybody give a damn whether James Bond is played by a black man?"

Red State's Dan McLaughlin, on the other hand, takes Limbaugh's side. "A black James Bond seems absurd to me," he tweeted.

In an interview three years ago, Mr Elba told NPR that if he plays Bond, he hopes his skin colour isn't the sole topic of conversation.

"I just don't want to be the black James Bond," he said. "Sean Connery wasn't the Scottish James Bond, and Daniel Craig wasn't the blue-eyed James Bond, so if I played him, I don't want to be called the black James Bond."

But it's not just Limbaugh's reaction that makes that prospect seem unlikely. In another series of hacked Sony emails, a studio producer reportedly expressed concern that black actors underperform in foreign markets and shouldn't be counted on in big-money films (of which the Bond franchise definitely qualifies).

"I believe that the international motion picture audience is racist - in general pictures with an African American lead don't play well overseas," the email reads. "But Sony sometimes seems to disregard that a picture must work well internationally to both maximize returns and reduce risk, especially pics with decent size budgets."

Of course, as many have pointed out, the publicity that the Elba rumour and other leaked emails have garnered may force the Sony's hand, as studio executives may not want to appear to be shying away from a racial controversy.

In effect, Limbaugh's outrage could make a black James Bond more likely, not less.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

SkyBurn

0 Not allowed!

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

"
    The Daily Beast's Dean Obeidallah says Limbaugh's comments were "definitely" racist. "How else do you describe the notion that certain roles should be labelled as 'whites only'?" he asks.

He writes that fictitious characters should be able to change with the times - including having black Bonds, black Santa Clauses, black orphan Annies, black Captain Americas and similar re-imagining of beloved icons.

All characters should be black nowadays.

Last Online
    01-28-2018 @ 11:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    White, cis gender shit lord
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon/Celt-WASP A pariah of the west.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Brittany
    Politics
    The power of Kek
    Religion
    God Emperor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,428
    Given: 28,057

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto Atreides View Post
    that's because Jews, WASP self hating liberals [like the few on here] catholics [fully support this as does the blessing from the satanic pope!] and non white minorities all rejoice at the sound of it. America needs a war of reformation here. We need a civil war and fast. I pray to God for one every day
    ''Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society''- Aristotle

Last Online
    01-28-2018 @ 11:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    White, cis gender shit lord
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon/Celt-WASP A pariah of the west.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Brittany
    Politics
    The power of Kek
    Religion
    God Emperor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,428
    Given: 28,057

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto Atreides View Post
    Well, mixing with Mexicans and other Latinos is still better than with blacks and even Asians. Mexicans are about 30-60% Euro, plus Amerindian genes are not so strong.
    yes mixing mixing mixing us out of existence. No thanks.
    ''Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society''- Aristotle

Last Online
    01-30-2021 @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Great Britain
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,131
    Given: 4,234

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBurn View Post
    I think the issue is textbook fidelity, not whether or not it's believable.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information