Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,035
    Given: 1,735

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie Estefan View Post
    So Arabs had much more genetic impact than did Black Africans then?
    From all of the material I've seen on the North African component, it's a Caucasoid heavy component with the majority of it's ancestry from back migrations from the regions around the Levant, Egypt and Arabia from the mesolithic period (sort of the same pattern as Mesolithic European), but with some ancient admixture from Iberia. There are some recent admixtures from the ME, Iberia and SSA/East Af, but it seems to be small, most of the component is ancient in origin. SSA and East African admixtures are also small, but do seem to make up about 20% of the component, in which the vast majority of that is ancient.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Isleño View Post
    From all of the material I've seen on the North African component, it's a Caucasoid heavy component with the majority of it's ancestry from back migrations from the regions around the Levant, Egypt and Arabia from the mesolithic period (sort of the same pattern as Mesolithic European), but with some ancient admixture from Iberia. There are some recent admixtures from the ME, Iberia and SSA/East Af, but it seems to be small, most of the component is ancient in origin. SSA and East African admixtures are also small, but do seem to make up about 20% of the component, in which the vast majority of that is ancient.
    Thanks for the usefull information dude. Anyway, whats your opinion about the study?

Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 10:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J-P58
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Taxonomy
    East Med/Arabid/Alpine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 247

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gold_fenix View Post
    Oblivion you are copt not? Do copts are apart genetically of the common Egyptians?
    I think copts are pretty much one in the same as the rest of egyptians.., if they are from the north they look different than southerners. However my personal ethno background is a mix of arabian and levantine so my profile is a little different

Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 10:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J-P58
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Taxonomy
    East Med/Arabid/Alpine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 247

2 Not allowed!

Well doesnt this study pretty blow the afrocentric idea that egyptians were black out of the water?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
    Well doesnt this study pretty blow the afrocentric idea that egyptians were black out of the water?
    Yes, and Egyptians are genetically natives to their lands as well, and the reason why they cluster with middle easterners and europeans the most is because they share a common ancestry, and they had cultural interaction with the Levant and middle east for thousands of years which lead to admixture with them.

De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 06:08 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,035
    Given: 1,735

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh900 View Post
    Thanks for the usefull information dude. Anyway, whats your opinion about the study?
    You're welcome. As always, I contribute in hopes we can all learn from all the contributions from everyone. I think it's a decent study and is in tune with others on the subject.

Last Online
    12-06-2023 @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Berber
    Ancestry
    Earth.
    Country
    Belgium
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 970
    Given: 1,286

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh900 View Post
    What do you think of the PCA plot charts showing Egyptians being genetically the closest to us Palis than to other peoples? It would seem that Southern Moroccans have more SSA admixture than the northern ones, but i have seen one Mauritanian student in my class and he look very pale and caucasoid. Turegs seem to lean towards SSA because of black admixture in them(they are a mix between berbers and blacks).
    -I think the plots here are related to Y-Dna, Egypt is mostly E "40-60%" then J"20-40%" , Palestine mostly J"30-50" then E"25-35%" both are located Between the Berber (NWA group) and Mideast group, Tunisian used in the study were from Berbers Chenini-Douiret and they were 100% E-M81 and near you have Moroccans 75-90% E-M81 and Libyans and others NWA, while in the other part you have Mideastern with high J I don't know the exact percentages, you can see that Egypt and Palestine are between the two with Egypt more shifted with the E carriers and Palestine to J carriers, in the real life Egypt is wide I don't think that Deltans are rappresentative since they're not the majority in Egypt, I have seen some studies with Central and Southern Egypt and they appear very shifted with Sudanese and other EAs, anyway in PCA plot Egyptians can plot near Palestinians, Sudanese and Moroccans with no problem, PCA plot are not rappresentative since they use limited dimensions.

-Tuaregs are diverse some tribes are similar to other NA and some are fully SSA, they're very heterogeanous, that's why we should have more regional samples, Libyan Tuaregs have the highest percentage of H1(mt-dna) in the world 60-70% if I'm not wrong, this Tuareg for example will not be considered as SSA mixed.

-Mauritania is diverse there is 3 categories, the Moors called "Beidhan" they are similar to Moroccans with minor SSA, they're about 25-30% of Mauritanians, then you have Hartanis who are basically 60-70% NA and 30-40% SSA, they're the major group in Mauritania I think 30-35% and the rest is mostly Tuaregs in the east, Blacks in the south and foreginers mostly Moroccans, Tunisians, Libyans and Lebanese.

-A last point the PLOT don't indicate the look, just compare the two teams:

Morocco:
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...-national-Team

Egypt:
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...ification-quot

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,779

0 Not allowed!

The Moroccans look more Mulatto, the Egyptians look more like vaguely Black-admixed Pakistanis.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Berber
    Ancestry
    Earth.
    Country
    Belgium
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b1a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabatea1 View Post
    It's neolithic, but the area with the greatest Arabian impact would be Libya. The Arabs had an impact on the paternal lineages, but this is more recent and traces to the 10th century, when the Shia Bedouin tribes invaded North Africa like the Banu Hilal. At this time time most of North Africa adhered to Shiaism, but the Zirid a Berber group broke away and became Sunnis, this angered the Fatamid Caliphs, so they enlisted the Banu Hial and other related Bedouin tribes to invade North Africa in this process. The Banu Hilal would be responsible for Arabization of North Africa, however due to being a minority they could not maintain their ethnic and sectarian affiliation, so they became assimilated with the numerous Berbers and became Sunnis themselves in the process but Arabization occured. Today the Banu Hilal influence is greatly found in culture, and to some extent bloodlines in Libya, as well the tribes that followed them. The more you go west the less the Arabian impact is, the more you go east it's more heavy.
    Partly true, the Fatimids who were Kabyles that moved to Egypt wanted to destroy two dangiers in one drop, arabization is pre colonial , not due to Bnau hilal, and the J1 in Northern Africa is from a different clade than the Arabian one.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Berber
    Ancestry
    Earth.
    Country
    Belgium
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b1a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gold_fenix View Post
    Oblivion you are copt not? Do copts are apart genetically of the common Egyptians?
    Yes she's copt, they're like other Egyptians with strong percentage of J1-J2 and A-B y-DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
    Wow so Egyptians are more near eastern than north african... Very interesting.. I plot with palis and even comes up as my top population in gedmatch along with bedouins. I am confused about libyans and the touareg tho.. How do they cluster more middle eastern?
    No Egypt is close to Tunisia.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information