Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,000
    Given: 9,688

3 Not allowed!

Default Ufology and Cryptozoology

I love these things and i have read many book about them. I think we need such topic to discuss about it.

This story is the most famous cryptid creature in Hungary. Hany Istók lived in the 18. century, his home was the swamp of Hanság (Wasen, North West Hungary), and many hungarian historical documents prove that he was a real historical person.

In 1749, a group of hungarian fishermen captured a 8-10 years old kid in the swamp. He was not able to speak, he was naked with thick green skin and webbed fingers. According to witnesses, the little guy was fishing with his own hands. In the city the peasants had no idea what is this creature, he was not christian either, so the local priest baptized him and his new christian name was István. Two local peasant became his step parents called Mihály Hochsinger und Anna-Mária Mezner.
    After that the little creature lived in the Eszterházy's Castle under supervision of Pál Rosenstingl.

They tried to teach him to speak, but he was not speak, he said only animalistic voices. He did not like christian foods, but he eated only grass, raw fish and frog. After he was not successful in the school, his "job" was bringing water and he helped in the kichen. The local soldiers were cruel with him, so Hany Istók always ran away, later dogs and hunters brought him back. His only friend was Juliska a local girl who always defended him. When Juliska became married (1751), Hany Istók gived a gift for her (some frog) and the soldiers beated him again so Hany Istók escaped again to the swamp forever. 4 years later another group of fishermen saw him again but it was the last time.

As i said many historical documents prove his existence. According to scientific explanation, Hany Istók was most likely an orphan boy with several physical imperfection mutation, thats why his unknown real parents they took him out into the swamp to die, but he survived somehow.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 10:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    insan
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,748
    Given: 9,033

4 Not allowed!

I like documentaries about ufos and cryptozoology, monsterquest and ancient aliens were cool shows. Even many monsters are just myths or some kind of deformed person/animal like in sour case, it is very interesting to hear such stories. Some are referring to real prehistoric animals which is interesting too(like prehistoric mammals and their skeletons can look like unicorns or cyclops/dinosaur fossils look like dragons).

Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,253
    Given: 12,954

1 Not allowed!

Have you watched this movie Blondie?

It's based on a book that's supposed to be inspired on real events.

Last Online
    02-29-2024 @ 10:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 372

1 Not allowed!

I was interested in cryptozoology once but I lost all interest after I realized it's based on presenting some fairy tales as something supposedly real.
    99% of time it's a story of how some (typically unrealistic) being lurks in a given region but somehow noone was able to give any actual proof of its existence despite it usually having been known for a long time.

In other words it's just sensationalist news without any deeper meaning.

It however certainly makes up for a good horror story typically, so as a fan of such genre I have to say that if you don't treat it too seriously it may make life seem more interesting and make you more willing to learn more about the world
    Last edited by thatoneton; 10-01-2023 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added a sentence

Last Online
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Savages, Hillmen
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Have you watched this movie Blondie?

It's based on a book that's supposed to be inspired on real events.
    No, but thanks for the tip, i will watch it

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneton View Post
    I was interested in cryptozoology once but I lost all interest after I realized it's based on presenting some fairy tales as something supposedly real.
    99% of time it's a story of how some (typically unrealistic) being lurks in a given region but somehow noone was able to give any actual proof of its existence despite it usually having been known for a long time.
    This is not true, basically the cryptozoology is based on real things, The peoples saw something and the science is trying to explain what is it. A cryptid creature is most likely a human or animal with some mutation. Or these things can be prehistoric animals too, for example the scientists thought the Latimeria Chalumnae has died millions of years ago and these animals still lives in the Indian Ocean. We still dont know every single animal, there are many separated place in the planet which is still unknown like Oceans, Amasonas, Antarctica, Himalayas, Siberia, these are huge areas without significant human population.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,400
    Given: 12,599

1 Not allowed!

I like the idea of aliens, but there isn't any instance of an alien encounter in the US that I've read that I consider legitimate. I think it's odd that there has been so much talk about aliens in recent months in the US. For example, a so-called whistleblower speaking to Congress, etc. This was stuff that the mainstream never took seriously and suddenly they are now taking it seriously.

I've always been fascinated but also frightened by space and what could be out there. That being said, time for me to enter my starship's sleeping quarters and try to get some sleep.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,154
    Given: 2,159

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mejgusu View Post
    ancient aliens
    Ya some of the episodes are interesting, and get you thinking. But they overdo the "alien done it" part.
    Partly related theme (ancients and civilizations) are covered by Graham Hancocks work.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,154
    Given: 2,159

2 Not allowed!

Xfiles might have been what got me into mysteries and aliens/ufos.
    Another decent show about aliens was Spielbergs Taken miniseries.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Savages, Hillmen
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Another famous hungarian cryptid is the Fanyűvő (Hard to translate, but if someone uproots the trees). He lives in North East Hungary, in Mátra which is a hilly and wooded area. The peoples saw him around the village of Mátranovák.

The Fanyűvő is a tall, humanoid creature with long arms, mostly active in night. The first documented meeting with him is happened in 1980' years. A local miner heard walking on the roof. The miner took his gun and he saw a grey, hairy, apish creature who ran into the forest.
    In 2006 a group of peoples were hiking in south Mátra, and they have seen something wich is walked in the forest. They described the creature as a slim, humanoid with grey hair.
    2008, Mátranovák, drunk friends moved on the street and they saw a hunched humanoid who walked into the forest. And there were several other detection. This is his 30 cm long footprint:

But who is the Fanyűvő in the reality?

1. Uncle Gyula theory: according to this, the Fanyűvő is an old guy called Uncle Gyula who lives in Mátranovák as a hermit and carpenter. He is often hiking in the forest, and maybe the tourists saw just him.

2. Cave Ape theory: A monkey escaped from the local circus and he lives in the forest in a cave. Its also very possible, there were many case that hobbi animals escaped from their owner.

3. The POW theory: in the 80' years a strange ex prisoner of war lived in Mátra, he was tall, slim with long hair. He lived lonely and he often hunted in the forest. He eated only meat and mushrooms.

In my opinion the legend of Fanyűvő is based on the 3. pow theory and later Uncle Gyula became the hew "cryptid". Its the most possible version.

Last Online
    02-29-2024 @ 10:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 372

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    This is not true, basically the cryptozoology is based on real things, The peoples saw something and the science is trying to explain what is it. A cryptid creature is most likely a human or animal with some mutation. Or these things can be prehistoric animals too, for example the scientists thought the Latimeria Chalumnae has died millions of years ago and these animals still lives in the Indian Ocean. We still dont know every single animal, there are many separated place in the planet which is still unknown like Oceans, Amasonas, Antarctica, Himalayas, Siberia, these are huge areas without significant human population.
    Mostly not on real but made up things, which can be easily seen when visiting whatever site with a list of "cryptids" as those "unknown" beings are called.

Great most of them come from human fantasy/myths or from someone thinking that they saw something for a split second deep in the woods or in some similar circumstances which greatly limit human ability to correctly recognize and reason but which leave a certain space for someone's imagination going wild.

Was it a wind moving branches in a forest or a squirrel behind the leaves? - a human's mind "sees" an unlimited amount of possibilites, so a dark shape in the water suddenly becomes a menacing monster - or should I say yet undiscovered animal - living in a lake or river.
    Last edited by thatoneton; 10-02-2023 at 07:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information