PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Why do you dislike feminism?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you dislike feminism??

Last Online
    02-20-2022 @ 01:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ibero-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish  
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Misoneism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 57

5 Not allowed!

Genuine equality is an illusion: women and men are quite different and will always be due to this distinction being essentially biological. Anyways, seems like modern feminism isn't about trying to achieve a so-called egalitarian society anymore but about overcompensating women by gifting them seats at boards of directors or parliaments just for the sake of belonging to another gender. It's like if feminists themselves do not realise that these measures make a fool of their movement and are rather humiliating since they showcase that, on average, women don't stand a chance against men in a fair dispute for a qualified position.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-17-2016 @ 02:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Georgian-British
    Ancestry
    1/4 Georgian - 3/4 British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    You tell me
    Politics
    Progressive
    Religion
    No need
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,414
    Given: 589

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWogWhisperer View Post
    I don't like what it has become for some people: exclusionary instead of inclusionary. I fully support first wave and I believe people should have equal rights regardless of identity.
    Who do you feel it's excluded in feminism?
    The whole point of it is precisely so that all social messages and beliefs no longer become a problem for girls like you and me, when we have to live our independent lives, compete for jobs, or defend ourselves from men (who naturally have a strength) that try to harass us.

Men that comply with laws and are civil, are brilliant. I have nothing but sympathy for them

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ironic
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Country
    Georgia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    wasted to care
    Taxonomy
    MUH TEBID
    Politics
    are the problem
    Hero
    danishmend
    Religion
    is a private matter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,250
    Given: 19,152

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unome View Post
    A society that promotes women "supporting themselves" is an anti-social society. Women comprise society. And so individualistic women push men away rather than seeking-out meaningful relationships, marriages, family building, etc.

The career woman is just a complete travesty, a waste of a lifetime.

Men specifically, traditionally work so that women don't have to. The idea of "wanting to work" is just pro-capitalist overlord ideology. It's like saying a slave (to your CEO) is the greatest meaning of life.

Capitalism has transplated women out of the "home" into the corporation. The corporation, the state, the liberal government, is the "new home". And you will work until you die.
    Well I definitely agree that if a woman has kids they should be her first priority. Family always should. But I think you are right that capitalism is part of the issue. The thing is with longer lifespans people are marrying later so women who are single will need to work to support themselves for a bit. Meeting someone isn't all that easy, I've seen some of my friends struggle with it. So I think that is a problem too, and I think it's getting worse because everyone uses dating sites now and like to sleep around rather than have a relationship.

taking a break. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Lurker
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,120
    Given: 2,371

4 Not allowed!

Reverse racism is still racism. Reverse sexism is still sexism. I support equal opportunity for women but not a political movement. I'm not a fan of -ism's in general.

So you try to convince people "oh, you support women's equality? Then guess what... you're a feminist!", but the truth is those womens movements are about abortion rights and free healthcare and all sorts of shit I'm not looking to sign on for. I believe a woman should be treated equally under the law and should be paid the same as a man. Everything after that, you guys are on your own. No quota system, and I don't believe in paid maternity leave separate from your regular vacation time or sick leave.
    [img]http://************.com/uploads/ignore2.jpg[/img]

Ah, per fortuna un uomo può sognare... un uomo può sognare.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-07-2017 @ 12:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Taxonomy
    Gorid/DiCaprio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 975
    Given: 798

2 Not allowed!

There's no need for feminism. A lot of women feel less because we males still act charming. Women aren't less, but if everything was equal and males were treated equally then females would be pissed off. No more lifting things for you, no more holding the door for you. If you get pissed off and punch me for no reason, I'll hit you back. Do you like that? Currently the bar is higher for females than males. You feminists have what you want, be happy.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

2 Not allowed!

I dislike or rather pity the anti-sex feminists, but they aren't that common anyway. Otherwise you also have some irrational feminists who live on drama. For the rest I think nothing is wrong with feminism. Some people say 'call it egalitarianism instead'. Well, men and women are different and always will be, it's only obvious that it remains being called feminism.

Anyway, I do think people tend to be so irrational whenever they hear the word 'feminist' and strawman it as being the radical variant only. Whenever people talk about 'the' feminists it's hard to take them seriously.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ironic
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Country
    Georgia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    wasted to care
    Taxonomy
    MUH TEBID
    Politics
    are the problem
    Hero
    danishmend
    Religion
    is a private matter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,250
    Given: 19,152

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NatiaCutie View Post
    Who do you feel it's excluded in feminism?
    The whole point of it is precisely so that all social messages and beliefs no longer become a problem for girls like you and me, when we have to live our independent lives, compete for jobs, or defend ourselves from men (who naturally have a strength) that try to harass us.

Men that comply with laws and are civil, are brilliant. I have nothing but sympathy for them
    It's not all feminism it's the extremists is what I meant to say. At my school it seemed like all the women's study majors were upper middle class white women, the vocab was exclusive in nature, and a lot of them discriminated against men on the basis of identity, especially white men and even moreso white middle or upper class men. Now I can see why they'd be angry at them but discriminating against them or straight people or others based on lifestyle or identity is wrong and extremist. They also wouldn't listen to me when I tried to discuss with them even though I was always very civil and understanding. My mom considers herself a feminist but it means something different to her than it does to those people. She's like you and me she want equality, and she's also 60 so she's lived through earlier waves. She wasnt able to participate in them though.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-09-2015 @ 11:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,700
    Given: 5,061

6 Not allowed!

I say that I'm against feminism, but I'm not against equality. It's just a shame that so many feminists don't want equality, they just want women to have more rights, and completely forget about men. They whine about mundane things like societal pressures on women and treat them as if they're the worst thing in the world; men have to deal with them too though (I'm not encouraging it but at least women can vote and you know we're not really raped on a daily basis because we're seen as less important, I appreciate the fact that in the Western world at least we're all pretty much equal).

You see the radical feminists and they take most of the spotlight - they're basically man haters. Of course this isn't what feminism should be, but the people with the extreme views get much more attention, therefore kind of stealing the definition of feminism to be just man haters, which is what people are against.

Personally, I don't think feminism is needed in the Western world. I guess in certain situations things are not fair towards one gender, but they tend to balance out. What feminists should be doing is focusing on the countries where women are still seen as inferior to men and are treated dreadfully badly, which is in no way what women are treated like in the West.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-20-2017 @ 07:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,099
    Given: 5,253

1 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    10-17-2016 @ 02:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Georgian-British
    Ancestry
    1/4 Georgian - 3/4 British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    You tell me
    Politics
    Progressive
    Religion
    No need
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,414
    Given: 589

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carignan View Post
    Natia, what is your opinion on the Femens? Do you think they are demonizing the Feminist movement by giving a negative and extremist portrayal of the issue?
    I don't like them.
    They contribute to the objectification of women, like, we can't make a point without showing our breasts?
    The world already thinks that women, are like this giant toys that are too dumb and uncapable of performing in the workplace like men. Going around shouting half-naked isn't helping.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information