Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High Ashkenazi IQ partially derived from Haplogroup K?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,998

3 Not allowed!

According to H. Harpending & G. Cochran Ashkenazi IQ is not derived but evolved under selective pressures during the Middle Ages.

They suggest more intelligent Jews had more surviving children than less intelligent Jews and the average IQ was gradually increasing.

Check:

"The 10,000 Year Explosion - How Civilization Accelerated Human Evolution":

https://lesacreduprintemps19.files.w...harpending.pdf

"Natural History of Ashkenazi Intelligence":

http://web.mit.edu/fustflum/document...jbiosocsci.pdf

==================================

That was the case not only with Jews but also with other European Medieval populations, only perhaps to a lesser degree.

Studies on Medieval family size show that wealthy people had more surviving children than poor people throughout most of Europe.

In Poland-Lithuania of the 15th - 16th centuries wealthy peasants had 1,6 - 2 surviving sons per father, while peasants of average wealth had 1,1 - 1,5 (where replacement fertility = 1,05 sons per father = 2,1 children per father). Poor peasants probably had sub-replacement fertility. That was more related to wealth than to class, because medium nobles had 2 - 2,1 (the same as wealthy peasants) and magnates (very rich nobles) had 2,9. Poor nobles probably had less than 2.

In 16th - 17th centuries in England fathers with assets at death lower than 25 pounds had sub-replacement fertility (less than 2,1 surviving children).

By surviving I mean surviving to adulthood, so that they could have their own children.

====================

From Nicholas Wade, "A Troublesome Inheritance...", New York 2014:

(...) Clark has uncovered the simple genetic mechanism through which the Malthusian economy wrought these changes on the English population: the rich had more surviving children than did the poor. From a study of wills made between 1585 and 1638, he finds that will makers with Ł9 or less to leave their heirs had, on average, just under two children. The number of heirs rose steadily with assets, such that men with more than Ł1,000 in their gift, who formed the wealthiest asset class, left just over four children. The English population was fairly stable in size from 1200 to 1760. In this context, the fact that the rich were having more children than the poor led to the interesting phenomenon of unremitting social descent. Most children of the rich had to sink in the social scale, given that there were too many of them to remain in the upper class. Their social descent had the far-reaching genetic consequence that they carried with them inheritance for the same behaviors that had made their parents rich. The values of the upper middle class - nonviolence, literacy, thrift and patience - were thus infused into lower economic classes and throughout society. Generation after generation, they gradually became the values of the society as a whole. This explains the steady decrease in violence and increase in literacy that Clark has documented for the English population. Moreover, the behaviors emerged gradually over several centuries, a time course more typical of an evolutionary change than a cultural change. (...)

And here the data for Poland-Lithuania:

http://homoeconomicus.uwb.edu.pl/pdf...ograficzne.pdf

From page 21 (number of sons per father who lived to their adulthood):

^ Note that English graph shows children per family (couple), while Polish graph shows sons per father.

So in case of English graph replacement fertility is 2,1 while in case of Polish graph it is 1,05.

4 surviving children in English graph, is equivalent to 2 sons living to adulthood in Polish graph.
    Last edited by Peterski; 03-20-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Whilst both K and Ashkenazi is superior (although Ashkenazi even more superior when mixed) the two are not related, no. K might give some defence against HIV progression though.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

1 Not allowed!

MTDNA is important for intelligence, and faulty mtdna will make you retarded. I had not heard about K being associated with intelligence or the association between K and high ph in the brain and intelligence (which is a combination I find puzzling).

Of course keep in mind that Maciamo is an utter retard with no logical ability whatsoever. He is a polyglot but that is only impressive to people who value credentials over real intelligence. He also said "picked my interest" instead of piqued, which I find hilarious. Though I sometimes putting the wrong word into sentence these days and reversing order word when typing fast, I have to admit.

I seriously doubt that jews got their intelligence (such as it is) through some kind of founder effect, or that they got mtdna K this way. If they had, then you'd see a lot of K in sephardi and even ethiopian jews, and higher than average intelligence in those groups, but you don't. Intelligence comes mainly from the mother due to the fact that intelligence genes don't function if they are not homogenous, they are recessive. Most of the jews coming to europe took natives wives who converted. It's very doubtful that K comes from outside europe except in the neolithic time. It also centers in these areas.

So if jews do have an above average intelligence, then it probably comes because they are actually preserving medieval German DNA. Largest brains by far are in Germany, and even more so in medieval times. In general africans have much smaller brains, and jews are in the middle, with true nordics and celts being somewhere between jews and pure germans.

There's been studies showing that polish americans have IQ average of 109 in the past, and for religions, anglicans scored 116 and catholic 112, and whole country of switzerland at 112. These are REAL IQ tests not estimates based on PISA scores (which don't mean shit). So I don't think there's any reality to jews being smarter than whites on average, the problem these days is they are measuring southern europeans and even middle easterners as 'white', while real whites will be protestant or irish catholic only. When studies look at these groups (of actual whites) the story changes completely.
    Last edited by Prisoner Of Ice; 03-27-2015 at 10:29 PM.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Of Ice View Post
    I'm butthurt Jews are smarter than Irish folk
    Don't be, bro. We're benevolent secret puppetmasters .

As for K and not-being-from-a-bottleneck, AJs have K at 35%, no one else has it higher than 15% (in the UK and Middle East) so we have to assume it is, indeed, bottleneck stuff.

As Litvin will tell you the link between cranial capacity and IQ is pretty low, plus AJs have close IBD sharing to North Italians but not Germans. Coincidentally, Northern Italians have the highest IQs in Europe.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Fuhrer
    Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 10:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
    Ethnicity
    ( ş ͜ʖ ͡ş)
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    Lord Howe Island
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,337
    Given: 685

1 Not allowed!

K2a mtdna master race here, never measured IQ but it's high obviously

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by safinator View Post
    K2a mtdna master race here, never measured IQ but it's high obviously
    K1 is superior (K2 is common amongst AJs too) even if my maternal line isn't AJ.

Melonhead has to agree as it's also common in NW Europe. He might be K himself.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Don't be, bro. We're benevolent secret puppetmasters .
    Everyone is smarter than the Irish unfortunately, but muh personal IQ is still higher than yours and no one can touch my super aspie powers. Only thing I have ever been insecure about is my high pitch voice, otherwise I am as close to a perfect genetic specimen as God would allow.

As for K and not-being-from-a-bottleneck, AJs have K at 35%, no one else has it higher than 15% (in the UK and Middle East) so we have to assume it is, indeed, bottleneck stuff.
    No one defined how? A lot of german jews here have blond hair and blue eyes, moreso than even germans do. The saxons and prussians dominated the merchant class, and it doesn't take much guesswork to imagine rich jews would intentionally marry into what they called high society to gain respectability and passability.

As Litvin will tell you the link between cranial capacity and IQ is pretty low,
    Well, he/she is wrong. The correct value is 0.4 correlation with IQ and brain size.

plus AJs have close IBD sharing to North Italians but not Germans. Coincidentally, Northern Italians have the highest IQs in Europe.
    They don't get it from europe, though. Europeans got it from levant instead, obviously. Greece is heavily influenced by near east from neolithic times, and the rest of southern europe from historic times.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-28-2015 @ 09:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    humanoid
    Ethnicity
    human
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Maciamo is an idiot

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Of Ice View Post
    Everyone is smarter than the Irish unfortunately, but muh personal IQ is still higher than yours and no one can touch my super aspie powers. Only thing I have ever been insecure about is my high pitch voice, otherwise I am as close to a perfect genetic specimen as God would allow.
    Yes, your IQ is conveniently one point higher after a personal recount, I remember.

No one defined how? A lot of german jews here have blond hair and blue eyes, moreso than even germans do. The saxons and prussians dominated the merchant class, and it doesn't take much guesswork to imagine rich jews would intentionally marry into what they called high society to gain respectability and passability.
    Jews have quite a lot of blue eyes, but not as much as contemporary Germans. Jews that marry into high society usually don't have Jewish kids.

They don't get it from europe, though. Europeans got it from levant instead, obviously. Greece is heavily influenced by near east from neolithic times, and the rest of southern europe from historic times.
    With Northern Italy, but not (or to a lesser degree) other parts of Southern Europe, please do try to learn something about genetics.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,284
    Given: 4,691

0 Not allowed!

I have a hard time believing this. I'm also of haplogroup K (although K2) and I can tell you that my mother's family pretty dumb. Outliners, perhaps?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information