United States
    Politics
    Independent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,886
    Given: 2,294

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Of Ice View Post
    In the 13ths century people worked 6 weeks a year to support themselves, the rest was free time. Not hard to guess what time was better. These days, you want one week off a year they import 2 people do do your job for you for 1/2 the money each.

Not to mention brain damaging shit like social media etc.
    6 weeks a year??

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 01:31 PM
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rololz teh Viking View Post
    What exactly is a worthy 'explanation'?

Seriously...What is an explanation?

YHWH Created the Heavens and the Earth...

The enemy mutters that there was nothing and that there was a big bang..(what does that even disprove?)

Has non-life produced Life? Is this something which has been measured?
    Well, if one is gonna make fun of science, one of the reasons why man has come so long, in favor of religion then that religion better tell us things we don't know better today.

I could also write a book and say something created it. During the time of religion people were fooled easily.

Life came from earths position to the sun after millions of years. It all was an accident. There is a reason why there doesn't neccessarily exist life on other planets in our galaxy yet the religious man insists life on earth is creation i.e intelligent design.. The explanation would be then: to what purpose are planets without life where no man can live? To what purpose are stars if life was created by some magical being? to what purpose is oxygen? gravity?

All these things wouldn't of existed if there was some magical being, you know why? Because it would of made it happen without all those things, just like it is written in religion? Does the Koran or Bible tell us the stars are the source of life? No. They tell distinguish between our sun, which is a star, and the stars.. it says stars are for decoration and the sun is for keeping time, and that's it. You should worship the sun instead, but even that is not perfect. Does it mention gravity? Oxygen? Where is the explanation for all the things we have found out today through science? If religious books were full of miracles and unlocked answers, man himself would of been in front of time, yet one takes a look at religious empires and see they lived like what we call today backwards. Even today wherever religion follows within politics it only creates chaos.

Banned
    Last Online
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prengs View Post
    I prefer this one
    Lol. I haven't come around watching it yet. But nice title.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-06-2016 @ 10:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,467
    Given: 3,569

0 Not allowed!

As I see it, believing in the religious stories is analogous to believing in Cinderella, Santa Claus, etc. I respect those who do though, I'd not have anything to offer to replace those beliefs. I do not think science can explain the world, the universe, nor philosophy. Human intelligence is very much limited. The universe is much more complex than we can imagine. I just live and don't expect to have any answers, if there are any...

Banned
    Last Online
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by curupira View Post
    As I see it, believing in the religious stories is analogous to believing in Cinderella, Santa Claus, etc. I respect those who do though, I'd not have anything to offer to replace those beliefs. I do not think science can explain the world, the universe, nor philosophy. Human intelligence is very much limited. The universe is much more complex than we can imagine. I just live and don't expect to have any answers, if there are any...
    I agree. I don't understand the concept of a God. or believing in one or two hundred. there are many unanswered questions: Who is this God? what made it god? how did it come to be? why should it choose over us or decide over us? why should it decide our faith? This just makes life pretty much seem unfair, which it can be, but even after deathyou have some dude called god waiting to judge you.damn

the concept of a afterlife or physical beings surviving death would make much more sense without any gods or ''the boss''

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information