Ethnicity
    Terrarian
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,303
    Given: 2,746

2 Not allowed!

I can attest to this, with the few experiences I have had with balkanites.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-08-2020 @ 04:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ethnicity
    Shopi
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    ПТН ПНХ
    Politics
    Right-wing, Conservatism, Free Market, Prometheism
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,716
    Given: 5,586

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    01-29-2017 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,930
    Given: 1,607

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shkembe Chorba View Post
    Great Celtic-Punk band, my favourite by them is this one :

Great for drinking.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ethnicity
    Shopi
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    ПТН ПНХ
    Politics
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BalkanPower View Post
    Great Celtic-Punk band, my favourite by them is this one :

Great for drinking.
    Cheers my Balkan brother. I am capable of drinking up to 20 beers with this song:

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-29-2023 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,083
    Given: 2,784

2 Not allowed!

Dinaric race
    The vertical height of the cranium is high. Eyes are set relatively close and the surrounding tissue defines them as wide open. The iris is most often brown, with a significant percentage of light pigmentation in the Dinaric population. The nose is large, narrow and convex. The face is long and orthognathic, with a prominent chin, and also wide. The form of the forehead is variable, but not rarely it is bulbous. The hair color is usually dark brown, with black-haired and blond individuals in minority, blondness being the characteristic of the more Central European, morphologically similar Noric race (a race intermediate between Nordic and Dinaric races). The skin is lacking the rosy color characteristic for Northern Europe as well as the relatively brunet pigmentation characteristic for the southernmost Europe and on a geographical plane it is of medium pigmentation and often it is variable.
    The members of this race are characterized by a rough strength and downrightness, by a peculiar trustworthiness, by a feeling for honour and love of the home, by bravery and a certain self-consciousness.

It is these attributes which in the Great War made those men on both sides who came from predominantly Dinaric districts the best fighters on the south-eastern front. It is the Dinaric blood that makes the difference between the nature of the Bavarian and the North-German, and gives rise to the self-consciousness of South-German and Austrian Alpine districts.

The Dinaric man is characterized by a warm feeling for nature, a strong love of the home, and a spirit of creativeness in fashioning the surroundings to be the ordered expression of himself in houses, implements, customs, and forms of speech. He does not, however, turn his gifts so much to the vaster undertakings, to leadership in the most varied spheres of life, or to restless progress and strenuous competition. He lives more in the present than does the provident, foreseeing Nordic. The boldness of the Dinaric is rather one of bodily achievements; a real spiritual urge to conquest, such as often characterizes Nordic men, seems to be rarer.Characteristic of the Dinaric is an inclination to sudden outbursts, to quick anger, and to combativeness -- characteristics, however, which but stand out from the general level of a disposition that is on the whole good-tempered, cheerful, and friendly.But it is not mere chance that the predominantly Dinaric south-east of the German-speaking area (like the East with its East Baltic strain) is marked by a particularly high percentage of convictions for dangerous bodily wounding, and in general by a relatively high percentage of criminal convictions.

The Dinaric nature has a range of development decidedly narrower in every direction than that of the Nordic. The signs are wanting of any great mental acumen, or of stern determination. The spiritual outlook is narrower, though the will may be as strong. On the whole the Dinaric race represents a stock which is not seldom somewhat uncouth, with a rough cheerfulness, or even wit, and is easily stirred to enthusiasm; it has a gift for coarse repartee and vivid description, showing a decided knowledge of mankind and histrionic powers as a racial endowment. Business capacity, too, seems to be not rare. The gift for music, above all for song, is particularly pronounced. The predominantly Dinaric Alpine district is where German folk-songs most flourish.9 The gift of tongues, too, would seem more frequent in the Dinaric race. The sociableness of this race is a rough and noisy one; as between man and man it is generally sincere and upright. For mental capacity I would put the Dinaric race second among the races of Europe.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Cheers my Balkan brother. I am capable of drinking up to 20 beers with this song:

Cheers to you too my Balkan brother.

Attachment 57151

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Dinaric race
    The vertical height of the cranium is high. Eyes are set relatively close and the surrounding tissue defines them as wide open. The iris is most often brown, with a significant percentage of light pigmentation in the Dinaric population. The nose is large, narrow and convex. The face is long and orthognathic, with a prominent chin, and also wide. The form of the forehead is variable, but not rarely it is bulbous. The hair color is usually dark brown, with black-haired and blond individuals in minority, blondness being the characteristic of the more Central European, morphologically similar Noric race (a race intermediate between Nordic and Dinaric races). The skin is lacking the rosy color characteristic for Northern Europe as well as the relatively brunet pigmentation characteristic for the southernmost Europe and on a geographical plane it is of medium pigmentation and often it is variable.
    The members of this race are characterized by a rough strength and downrightness, by a peculiar trustworthiness, by a feeling for honour and love of the home, by bravery and a certain self-consciousness.

It is these attributes which in the Great War made those men on both sides who came from predominantly Dinaric districts the best fighters on the south-eastern front. It is the Dinaric blood that makes the difference between the nature of the Bavarian and the North-German, and gives rise to the self-consciousness of South-German and Austrian Alpine districts.

The Dinaric man is characterized by a warm feeling for nature, a strong love of the home, and a spirit of creativeness in fashioning the surroundings to be the ordered expression of himself in houses, implements, customs, and forms of speech. He does not, however, turn his gifts so much to the vaster undertakings, to leadership in the most varied spheres of life, or to restless progress and strenuous competition. He lives more in the present than does the provident, foreseeing Nordic. The boldness of the Dinaric is rather one of bodily achievements; a real spiritual urge to conquest, such as often characterizes Nordic men, seems to be rarer.Characteristic of the Dinaric is an inclination to sudden outbursts, to quick anger, and to combativeness -- characteristics, however, which but stand out from the general level of a disposition that is on the whole good-tempered, cheerful, and friendly.But it is not mere chance that the predominantly Dinaric south-east of the German-speaking area (like the East with its East Baltic strain) is marked by a particularly high percentage of convictions for dangerous bodily wounding, and in general by a relatively high percentage of criminal convictions.

The Dinaric nature has a range of development decidedly narrower in every direction than that of the Nordic. The signs are wanting of any great mental acumen, or of stern determination. The spiritual outlook is narrower, though the will may be as strong. On the whole the Dinaric race represents a stock which is not seldom somewhat uncouth, with a rough cheerfulness, or even wit, and is easily stirred to enthusiasm; it has a gift for coarse repartee and vivid description, showing a decided knowledge of mankind and histrionic powers as a racial endowment. Business capacity, too, seems to be not rare. The gift for music, above all for song, is particularly pronounced. The predominantly Dinaric Alpine district is where German folk-songs most flourish.9 The gift of tongues, too, would seem more frequent in the Dinaric race. The sociableness of this race is a rough and noisy one; as between man and man it is generally sincere and upright. For mental capacity I would put the Dinaric race second among the races of Europe.
    I found this quite a while back and when I read I laughed so hard, this sums me up pretty perfectly. Im friendly socialable, but the slightest insult about I dont know my mother for example and I will go mad.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ethnicity
    Shopi
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    ПТН ПНХ
    Politics
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BalkanPower View Post
    Cheers to you too my Balkan brother.

Attachment 57151

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Ahahaha I showed my non-Balkan friends ( Poles,Germans,Russians and Spaniards ) this, when we drank rakija/rakia together for the first time.
    I said before you drink you must say this .

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information