Page 119 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1626

Thread: Latin American genetic studies [official archive]

Banned
    Last Online
    06-27-2021 @ 10:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, West Africa, The Caribbean
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,414
    Given: 1,414

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PentaDrägon View Post
    my grandma is more mixed than you then, by 1 %, 20% SSA, 16% native, still looking "passable" even with old age. I created a thread here long ago, people didnt guess she was that mixed, but anyway, seems legit, judging by her father.
    But she has in fact, on or two portuguese grandparents.
    mixes vary alot, some quadroons can look as negroid as a mulatto or even a griffe as in the case with neguinho da beija flor

while some mulattoes can look basically white or octroon

its just all depends

also can also depend on her african and european origin, like for example some euros can have thick facial features while some negroids can have thin facial features in relation to their general looks, me for example i have a ssa origin (Fonbe & yoruba mainly) where they have exotic thick big negroid facial characteristics (huge lips and wide nose and brocky body) and made me look more mulattoid in that sense (not skin tone)

also the amerindian that she has, u gotta find out if her amerindian ppl were fined featured or thick like ssa looking (some amerindians are like that)

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-05-2023 @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    yes
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,171
    Given: 7,123

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicanese View Post
    mixes vary alot, some quadroons can look as negroid as a mulatto or even a griffe as in the case with neguinho da beija flor

while some mulattoes can look basically white or octroon

its just all depends

also can also depend on her african and european origin, like for example some euros can have thick facial features while some negroids can have thin facial features in relation to their general looks, me for example i have a ssa origin (Fonbe & yoruba mainly) where they have exotic thick big negroid facial characteristics (huge lips and wide nose and brocky body) and made me look more mulattoid in that sense (not skin tone)

also the amerindian that she has, u gotta find out if her amerindian ppl were fined featured or thick like ssa looking (some amerindians are like that)
    phenotypes are confusing asf lol
    All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere

Last Online
    03-20-2018 @ 02:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Galician
    Ethnicity
    Cuban - Dominican
    Ancestry
    Galician (%50), West African (%18) Middle Eastern (%13), Ashkenazi Jew(%10), Native American (%9)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kansas
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean + Amerindian
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Hero
    Elon Musk, Ronald Reagan, Francisco Franco, and Capitan America
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I'm like 25 percent ssa but look north african

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Galician
    Ethnicity
    Cuban - Dominican
    Ancestry
    Galician (%50), West African (%18) Middle Eastern (%13), Ashkenazi Jew(%10), Native American (%9)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kansas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

what part of dominican republic are your from? i noticed most fair skinned dominicans are from the northern region or the national district

Banned
    Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,506
    Given: 1,507

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by belowthefloor View Post
    I'm like 25 percent ssa but look north african
    Well, that's more or less the average SSA proportion among North Africans.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

what part of dominican republic are your from? i noticed most fair skinned dominicans are from the northern region or the national district
    they come from the center mainly (close enough) you right though

im from a little town called jarabacoa in the la vega providence

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Galician
    Ethnicity
    Cuban - Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kansas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicanese View Post
    they come from the center mainly (close enough) you right though

im from a little town called jarabacoa in the la vega providence
    sounds familiar. my mother is from arroyo hondo in santo domingo. i have only been once, i am not so fond of the DR.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

sounds familiar. my mother is from arroyo hondo in santo domingo. i have only been once, i am not so fond of the DR.
    oh wow, small world, i used to live in arroyo hondo (right behind IKEA) right before i came to the states, i actually stay in arroyo hondo more often than jarabacoa when i visit DR to see fam since nearly all of em live in the capital now and santiago

i see that in your info is also says your half cuban, i basically live with cubans (miami lol) and have been to cuba 3 times and let me tell you, they are basically the same shit lol, only minor differences, same with PR and some caribbean coastal mainland latin american countries from central and south america

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

MTDNA (MITOCONDRIAL) ancestry in northeast Brazil

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5549335/

Our sample consisted of 767 individuals distributed as follows i) 550 individuals from eight Northeastern states (Piauí, Ceará, Rio Grande do Norte, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Alagoas, Sergipe, and Bahia) which were sequenced for mtDNA hypervariable segments I, II, and III; ii) 217 individuals from Alagoas and Pernambuco (previously published data)

Results

Overall, results showed that the population of the Northeastern region of Brazil has Amerindian mitochondrial ancestry as the most frequent, representing 43.5% of the individuals, followed by African (37.8%), European (16.6%), and non-Amerindian Asian (2.1%) (Table ​(Table2).2). Individually, Amerindian ancestry was also the most prevalent in five out of eight investigated states from Northeastern Brazil (Piauí, Ceará, Rio Grande do Norte, Sergipe, and Bahia), followed by African, European and Non-Amerindian Asian. The states of Pernambuco and Alagoas presented African mtDNA ancestry as the most frequent while Paraíba revealed the same frequencies for Amerindian and African mitochondrial lineages; these states also presented European haplogroups as the least frequent ancestral groups. Due to small sample size representation, we chose to exclude the states of Sergipe and Bahia from further analyses.

In the state of Piauí, individuals descending from Amerindian maternal lineages accounted for 52.3%, followed by African, European, and non-Amerindian Asian, each with 36.2%, 9.8% and 1.7%, respectively. In Ceará, Amerindian lineages were present in 51.9% of the samples, followed by 30.8% African, 11.5% European, and 5.8% non-Amerindian Asian. Similarly, in Rio Grande do Norte 45.7% of the population has Amerindian ancestry, while 35.1% as African descendants, 15.6% are European and 3.6% are non-Amerindian Asian.

As mentioned above, Pernambuco had African mtDNA ancestry as the most frequent, present in 40.8% of the individuals, followed by Amerindian, 30.3%, and European, 28.9%. Likewise, African ancestry represented 45.6% of individuals in Alagoas, while Amerindians and Europeans corresponded to 33.1% and 21.3%, respectively.

After excluding Sergipe and Bahia from the analysis, Amerindian mtDNA ancestry continued to be the most frequent in the Northeastern region overall, with 43.1% of the population, while Africans corresponded to 38%, Europeans to 16.8%, and Non-Amerindian Asians to 2.1%.

Maternal ancestral group frequencies were further compared at the mesoregion level in the states of Piauí and Rio Grande do Norte. As a result, Piauí presented the following heterogeneous distribution (Fig. ​(Fig.2).2). In its Northern mesoregions (North and Central-North), Amerindian ancestry is prevalent at 59.8%, while Africans represent only 27.6% of the individuals, Europeans 9.2%, and Non-Amerindian Asians 3.4%. In the Southern mesoregions (Southeast and Southwest) we observed African ancestry as great as Amerindian, both contributing at 44.8% of the population; Europeans correspond to 10.8%. Fischer’s exact test was performed in 2 × 2 contingency tables to verify the presence of significant proportional differences and identified they are significantly different regarding the contribution of African descendants (p < 0.05).

Distribution of mtDNA haplogroups in Northeastern Brazil. Amerindian haplogroups in shades of green; Non-Amerindian Asian haplogroups in shades of gray; African haplogroups in shades of orange; European haplogroups in shades of blue

Distribution of mtDNA haplogroups in Northeastern Brazil distributed according to each investigated state. Amerindian haplogroups in shades of green; Non-Amerindian Asian haplogroups in shades of gray; African haplogroups in shades of orange; European haplogroups in shades of blue

Northeast Brazil divided into two sets regarding mtDNA ancestry. The variability in mtDNA composition seems to be related to European colonization events. The state of Paraíba, located in between both groups, showed equal frequencies for Amerindians and Africans and is, therefore, a transition between both sets

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

0 Not allowed!

Page 119 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast

Thread Information