Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,930
    Given: 1,607

1 Not allowed!

I personally feel like if you don't have any ancestry ( DNA ) from a certain country you can't be considered of that nationality for example there are loads of Pakistanis in England and they were born there, are they English ? For me, no the reason being is that they have no ancestry from there and do not share lineage, history and culture with the native peoples now if a person is half English half Pakistani that a different story.
    Same goes for poles in England.

The only way you belong to an ethnicity is if and only if you have blood that relates to that country.
    Take it from me as a guy who's lived in the west the majority of his life , when I was young and I had a British stepdad I thought I could call myself British but I never really felt comfortable saying this and after a few years that I discovered who I really am I feel a lot more happy with myself and proud of who I really am

Btw Strah od letenja you multi quote by clicking the last icon under someone's post.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Thanks.

Good post, I agree. Question was more related about historical minorities (for example Czechs in Croatia). Mass immigaration from outside EU an even inter-Eu is a failure, but it's another questions.

But, Serbs have been here for 400 years, hey are similar to us, but not the same, especially in culture. Genetically we are close and understand each other. If they would feel Serb but, feel loyalty to Croatia that would be ideal. If they don't like Croatia, they can move to Serbia, or anywhere else. Ofc, this is bad example, because of bad blood and history between us. But hopefully people understood what the point was.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Strah od letenja View Post
    Regarding minority groups in Europe, and their status. Why is in everyone's interest to promote minority groups? I think it's bullshit.
    It's in the interst of foreign powers and foreign invaders who want to take over to weaken the west. It also makes it easier for global corporations to seize even more power.

As far as being in the interest of thenatives, of course it's not, it's their obliteration.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Last Online
    01-29-2017 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Haha yes it was a bad example being honest but I get ya .

I looked over your first post and IMO if you lived in Bosnia you would feel Bosnian because you have Bosnian ancestry and Bosnian and Croatian is pretty much the same language , but French that's a different story even if you speak French you have no french blood ( or do you ? Idk ) i don't know you just get a feeling of not belonging it's hard to explain . You feel accepted of course but just not one of them.

Have you ever lived outside of Croatia or Bosnia ?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BalkanPower View Post
    Haha yes it was a bad example being honest but I get ya .

I looked over your first post and IMO if you lived in Bosnia you would feel Bosnian because you have Bosnian ancestry and Bosnian and Croatian is pretty much the same language , but French that's a different story even if you speak French you have no french blood ( or do you ? Idk ) i don't know you just get a feeling of not belonging it's hard to explain . You feel accepted of course but just not one of them.

Have you ever lived outside of Croatia or Bosnia ?
    I don't have any French blood. Maybe it was clumsy written, I am Croatian with some foreign ancestry and can only be that. Wouldn't want ot never change it, but if I lived in France, I would be grateful to France, and would consider France as homeland. In that way I'd assimilate, simply by trying to learn French culture and not insist on old ways from Croatia. Again, it's a bad example as I could never be historical minority in France, just another EU immigant.

Yes, I lived outside Croatia. Do you live in the UK? Curious

Last Online
    01-29-2017 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I don't have any French blood. Maybe it was clumsy written, I am Croatian with some foreign ancestry and can only be that. Wouldn't want ot never change it, but if I lived in France, I would be grateful to France, and would consider France as homeland. In that way I'd assimilate, simply by trying to learn French culture and not insist on old ways from Croatia. Again, it's a bad example as I could never be historical minority in France, just another EU immigant.

Yes, I lived outside Croatia. Do you live in the UK? Curious
    Ok understood. Actually I used to be like uptight about telling people where I live i don't know why haha.
    I told Solin so I'll tell you too. I live in Spain , south of Spain it's great here very multicultural .

I speak Spanish and have friends of so many different ethnicities Spanish, Russian , Polish , Italian , South American , Swedish , German the list goes on...
    I moved from England a couple of years ago.

Last Online
    06-20-2023 @ 01:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tertiary Slav
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Herzegovina
    Y-DNA
    R1a Z280
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid+Dinarid
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 3,155

0 Not allowed!

Thanks.

Good post, I agree. Question was more related about historical minorities (for example Czechs in Croatia). Mass immigaration from outside EU an even inter-Eu is a failure, but it's another questions.

But, Serbs have been here for 400 years, hey are similar to us, but not the same, especially in culture. Genetically we are close and understand each other. If they would feel Serb but, feel loyalty to Croatia that would be ideal. If they don't like Croatia, they can move to Serbia, or anywhere else. Ofc, this is bad example, because of bad blood and history between us. But hopefully people understood what the point was.
    I assume most of those living in continental parts of Croatia, in towns where Croats are majority, will assimilate eventually, or at least try to hide their identity, then you've got some old folks and couple of "younger" hermits in rural areas who want to live at the hearth of their ancestors, but that population can only die out.
    In Rijeka and such places, which are used to being "multi kulti" because of their coastal/trading tradition, they'll perhaps hold up.
    And there's Vukovar, but that'll just be a tense segregated town whose happenings entertain nationalist from both sides occasionally..

But I'm basing my judgement on a dozen or so Serbs I know who live in Croatia.
    I'm pretty sure I stumbled on an instance of my last name being listed under Croats in that imehrvatsko site in the town where my grandpa's brother lives with his family, and I've never heard of a Croat having that last name.So I guess I can renounce them.
    „Beer has it's own way of sorting things out, does it not?“

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

How do you multi-qoute? Why did Anglo-Saxons assimilated with Celts, or Illyrians with Croats?? I mean, if they didn't, we'd be white as Russians ((( It's a historical question? WHY? Because of that, Brits are second-rate Germanics and Croats second-rate Slavs. God punished assimilating nations, it's very obvious.
    Ethnicity of these two modern people emerged and was shaped after this mixing.

On a serious note, yeah I support assimilation. Of course. I'd love that gypsy or other non-Croats feel Croatia as their homeland and love the country, respect the culture, and not feel alien. And remain ethnically what they are.
    I wouldn't mind that, but that is how it can only always remain, words and theory. I don't care if Gypsies or other non-Europeans love this or any other country, respect the culture and what not else.

And, have culture that does not clash with ours. Cannot understand racist attitude, as we are not racist people who exploited colonies, nor should feel guilty and accept huge numbers of foreigners in here. We never took from anybody and don't owe them anything. If you ask me, problems in UK are their problems, brought on by their greedy politicans. Nothing agaist common people, but I don't wish Western European xenophobia spread to Croatia. After all, we are culturally a true European country with many bad sides, but civilisational level is not one of them. Let's keep it that way.
    Western Europeans are less xenophobic imo and even if that is not true let them spread that xenophobia.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by StormBringer View Post
    I assume most of those living in continental parts of Croatia, in towns where Croats are majority, will assimilate eventually, or at least try to hide their identity, then you've got some old folks and couple of "younger" hermits in rural areas who want to live at the hearth of their ancestors, but that population can only die out.
    In Rijeka and such places, which are used to being "multi kulti" because of their coastal/trading tradition, they'll perhaps hold up.
    And there's Vukovar, but that'll just be a tense segregated town whose happenings entertain nationalist from both sides occasionally..

But I'm basing my judgement on a dozen or so Serbs I know who live in Croatia.
    I'm pretty sure I stumbled on an instance of my last name being listed under Croats in that imehrvatsko site in the town where my grandpa's brother lives with his family, and I've never heard of a Croat having that last name.So I guess I can renounce them.
    Just because you have never heard... Hiding idenity pfff, they are not Gypsies.

Last Online
    06-20-2023 @ 01:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tertiary Slav
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Herzegovina
    Y-DNA
    R1a Z280
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid+Dinarid
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 3,155

0 Not allowed!

Joking, they're still family, even if we rarely see them considering they live just across the border.
    „Beer has it's own way of sorting things out, does it not?“

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information