Montenegro
    Y-DNA
    EV-13 Daco-Thracian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaid View Post
    According to Hoti, Gruda settled there before them, at least to their oral traditions. Interesting though Gjelaj and Sinishtaj don't decent from the same ancestor genetically which contradicts their oral traditions. Do you happen to know more about these two brotherhood?
    Gruda is not a proper clan, but rather a tribal area, and it was originally inhabitated by Berisha clansmen that moved from the core region in the tribal Puka region and settled these villages, probably in the 13th century and built a Roman Catholic church there, then somewhere around 1502, the Gjelaj clan arrive here, as it is written in documents the church had been built 200 years before the Gjelajs clan arrived, the vast majority of the tribal area is now inhabitated by the Gjelaj clan as reported by the Hungarian baron Franz Nopsca ( 1500-1600 tė kenė ardhur po nė Grudė nga Ercegovina, fisi Djell (Giel ?), ndėrsa pjesa tjetėr ishin autoktonė nga trungu i Berishės qė nė vitin 1908 numėronte 80 shtėpi)

Most likely Keq Preka came here along with the Gjelaj clan and some other clansmen in the 16th century because they deemed risky a longer permanence in the northern pastorlands after the Ottomans defeated the lowlands Slaves and sent them in pastoral areas as well.

Hoti is composed of two branches: 1) descending from old inhabitants of the area, they were found here by the New Hot and Lazer Keqi, named as Old Hoti a certain warlike clan leader such as Anario Hoti was mentioned somewhere around 1300, it was sure that they were Albanian speakers as they were mentioned as such and very vigorous fighters, these Hotians moved elsewhere and are almost no longer present in Hoti.

2) descending from Lazer Keqi son of Keq Prima, arrived as Albanian speakers and founded many villages like Bardhaj and Keqaj, and form the majority of Hot, these are the New Hoti, and many figures like Palok Traboini, Gjelosh Luli

I am just throwing a supposition, but I think that the Old Hot was E1b1b like Berisha and may be linked somehow to Murr Deti and Llesh Tuzi, whilst the new Hoti catties J2 from what I've seen in the Albanian DNA project, also the Gjelajs from Gruda are J2 so they might be linked to the original expansion of Keq Preka perhaps?
    Last edited by Murri; 09-09-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Last Online
    06-05-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 3,463

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Murri View Post
    Gruda is not a proper clan, but rather a tribal area, and it was originally inhabitated by Berisha clansmen that moved from the core region in the tribal Puka region and settled these villages, probably in the 13th century and built a Roman Catholic church there, then somewhere around 1502, the Gjelaj clan arrive here, as it is written in documents the church had been built 200 years before the Gjelajs clan arrived, the vast majority of the tribal area is now inhabitated by the Gjelaj clan as reported by the Hungarian baron Franz Nopsca ( 1500-1600 tė kenė ardhur po nė Grudė nga Ercegovina, fisi Djell (Giel ?), ndėrsa pjesa tjetėr ishin autoktonė nga trungu i Berishės qė nė vitin 1908 numėronte 80 shtėpi)

Most likely Keq Preka came here along with the Gjelaj clan and some other clansmen in the 16th century because they deemed risky a longer permanence in the northern pastorlands after the Ottomans defeated the lowlands Slaves and sent them in pastoral areas as well.

Hoti is composed of two branches: 1) descending from old inhabitants of the area, they were found here by the New Hot and Lazer Keqi, named as Old Hoti a certain warlike clan leader such as Anario Hoti was mentioned somewhere around 1300, it was sure that they were Albanian speakers as they were mentioned as such and very vigorous fighters, these Hotians moved elsewhere and are almost no longer present in Hoti.

2) descending from Lazer Keqi son of Keq Prima, arrived as Albanian speakers and founded many villages like Bardhaj and Keqaj, and form the majority of Hot, these are the New Hoti, and many figures like Palok Traboini, Gjelosh Luli

I am just throwing a supposition, but I think that the Old Hot was E1b1b like Berisha and may be linked somehow to Murr Deti and Llesh Tuzi, whilst the new Hoti catties J2 from what I've seen in the Albanian DNA project, also the Gjelajs from Gruda are J2 so they might be linked to the original expansion of Keq Preka perhaps?
    I was thinking along those lines myself and I mentioned it to another member here actually. Very likely that Vuksan Gjela was related to Keq Preka. Today though we can easily prove if that is the case through ftdna. We do have a Hoti tested there, the Gjelaj brotherhood, and possibly a Triepshi too (to be confirmed) that are J2b, so all we need is a Gruda tested.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 10:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Montenegro
    Y-DNA
    EV-13 Daco-Thracian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    Welcome!

Do you know the last names used in Gruda?

Nga je ti?
    Pi Grade jam, me fis Berish, pi nans jam pri mirdite, kushnenas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information