Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Y haplogroup did Alexander the Great belong to?

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberoHellenic View Post
    Seeing the facial reconstruction of his father Filippos based on his DNA , we can guess that Alexandros was mediterranean phenotype, maybe dinarid.

As so indicated by the Mosaic of Pompey, the Hair color of Alexander the Great was Brown to Black.. which was as is indicated by some, itself a copy of a painting done to Alexander by Apelles, while Alexander was in his youth and alive and well.. Apelles was not only a contemporary of Alexander and His father, Philip.. but also painted Alxander where he is holding Rods of lightning... and so the Mosaic is very faithful to the real hair color of Alexander given the fact that the Slavics of that area today, are mainly Dark haired people.. the same can be said about the skintone of Alexander, for in the mosaic of Pompey, as a copy of Apelles's painting who met Him.. Alexader is shown as Olive skinned, with large Mediterranean Dark eyes.. not that different than the Persians that he is fighting.... Those that say that he is "Blond and blue eyed" are too influenced by Hollywood's view of Alexander and not by Archaeology... are worse yet.. Nordicist, Racial fantasies...

So if he was son of Filippos and not son of Zeus, then is very surely that he has an aspect like this:

lol

What ridiculous crap. The rconstruction looks nothing like his busts. You brought out the lying bullshit 'alexander' portrait that's actually a picture of the roman emperor domitian, too. And of course he was known to be blond. Swarthy deranged madmen strike again.

No matter how many times I debunk something, you just bring it up again a few months later.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-01-2018 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,819
    Given: 4,919

1 Not allowed!

r1a

Last Online
    10-30-2021 @ 01:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,325
    Given: 2,975

1 Not allowed!

Why do people say R1a out of curiosity ? Underhill says more than once it coalesced around 700 AD in Balkans and most Balkan Clades are similar to West Slavic r1a.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scholarios Chiotis View Post
    Why do people say R1a out of curiosity ? Underhill says more than once it coalesced around 700 AD in Balkans and most Balkan Clades are similar to West Slavic r1a.
    Molecular clock is psuedoscientific nonsense. Those most common recent ancestor dates don't mean the same thing aswhen it came into being anyhow. R1a is clinal from the north down. R1a is ancient in balkans.

J2 is most certainly nothing to do with ancient greeks. Ev13 likely isn't either, it is very much in clumps showing it is recent and invasive, and in areas we know there was settlement from albania etc. J1 is absolutely nothing to do with greeks.

It could be r1b as well or something random, but that is the choice I think is most likely.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-12-2015 @ 08:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Goodbye
    Ethnicity
    Bye
    Country
    Israel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    10-30-2021 @ 01:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,325
    Given: 2,975

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Of Ice View Post
    Molecular clock is psuedoscientific nonsense. Those most common recent ancestor dates don't mean the same thing aswhen it came into being anyhow. R1a is clinal from the north down. R1a is ancient in balkans.

J2 is most certainly nothing to do with ancient greeks. Ev13 likely isn't either, it is very much in clumps showing it is recent and invasive, and in areas we know there was settlement from albania etc. J1 is absolutely nothing to do with greeks.

It could be r1b as well or something random, but that is the choice I think is most likely.

For first part, even if we take molecular clock as bogus( which amateur and " official" dates give the same number, ) the clades match * exactly * with those in Poland and Bohemia, East Germany- and so do tribal names -Serbs-Sorbs, Milengi-Milceni etc. given historical sources, the reason it's clinal is common sense. Slavs weakened and mixed as they moved through Danube valleys and Balkans. edit: Just now I recalled and checked, in Underhill's 2009 paper he uses standard molecular clock and comes up with some paleolithic origin of r1a in the Balkans- Polako and other amateurs who agree that molecular clock sucks, came up with 700 AD. I believe Underhill revises this in the 2014 paper, I believe)

Theres no reason to doubt j2existed in Ancient Greece and I still can't for the life of me understand why you make it a point to deny it even when I've posted several neutral studies on it. Even if we believe the elite dominance theories of Norse Dorians over native inhabitants it should still make sense.

I was just curious why people say R1a. Just because it's currently in Macedonia?
    Last edited by Scholarios; 05-04-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 01:31 PM
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!

r1a
    R1a came with proto-slavs.

He was EV-13 or J2.

Last Online
    05-26-2023 @ 09:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Britannic
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,797
    Given: 5,979

0 Not allowed!

Y-rrior.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 01:31 PM
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 108

3 Not allowed!

Tha's when you're wrong. EV-13 and J2 is more ancient in the balkans than R1a, which came with proto-slavs during byzantium empire.. the Sclavenis settled around greek macedonia.. we are talking about 100,000's. I2a came with goths and the 2nd immigration of slavs, proto-croats and proto-serbs, which they picked up around the carpathian mountains and brought it with them to hte Balkans and so did some other slavic tribes that settled around bulgaria and romania... that leaves pretty much R1b, EV-13 and J2 in the balkans left.

We all know Illyrians were neither r1a or I2a... so they carried the same haplogroups as ancient greeks and Thracians which was mostly EV-13, J2 and R1b.

Alexanders mother was from south-Albania/North-Greece, she belonged to an Epirot tribe... most of I2a there is of slavic and goth immgiration the rest comes from ancient times. How did EV-13 and J2 become so dominant across the balkans if it's not ancient? It's not just from Ancient greeks... I could argue that some of EV-13, R1b and J2 in greeks is from Illyrians and Thracians. There was enough contact in ancient times.. I'm sure there would be enough historical evidence to prove an immigration/migration if EV-13 and J2 wasn't ancient, which you can with R1a and I2a, it lacks a lot in most ancient populations in the balkans except for where slavic and gothic tribes settled. It fits with historical records.

It doesn't matter if Alexander was blond haired. There are blond greeks and Albanians that probably carry EV-13 or J2. Y-DNA has nothing to do with how you look.. Y-DNA doesn't prove 100% ones ancestry. But that's not the point, the point is that I doubt he was blond haired... because blond haired in the balkans is something different than blond haired in west europe.. He most likely had brown hair and looked like a normal balkaner.. why would he look different? It's just western propganda.. they depict everything as blond haired and blue eyed... just like the blond Jesus.

It is said Alexander had one brown and one blue eye.

Your agenda is clear here.. You somehow think R1a and I2a are more ''european'' and that EV-13 and J2, since it's ancestors exist in Africa and middle east is not... but R1a also exists outside of Europe and so does I2a... that makes R1a much less European, with that logic applied. because a lot of it can be attributed to non-European tribes such as Scythians and Sarmatians.

Study some history a bit, and see for yourself where the ancient greeks and Illyrians went.. most of these regions is filled with EV-13 and J2. For example Apulia region of Italy is mostly EV-13, J2 and R1b... same area where Illyrians lived, such as the Messapi.... same goes for ancient greeks, they settled in north-africa and south italy and EV-13 exists in Africa in small amounts and in south Italy... of course some EV-13 existed already in italy, but who is to deny a lot of it also came with Illyrians and Greeks? There is barely any R1a or I2a in those regions compared to EV-13, R1b and J2.

How did EV-13 and J2 come to exist even in Croats, Bosniaks, Serbs and Romanians, Bulgarians? It doesn't fit with any historical records except that it was there already.
    Last edited by Shqipez; 05-04-2015 at 08:12 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-01-2018 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,819
    Given: 4,919

1 Not allowed!

Alexander was the one who first spread R1 genes into Persia/Iran and India…

Duh, c'mon, you guys should know this by now.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information