Thread: Hughie Maughan 'seriously shook' after receiving death threats over RTE tanning disaster

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:20 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,561
    Given: 27,897

1 Not allowed!

Default Hughie Maughan 'seriously shook' after receiving death threats over RTE tanning disaster

(An article I found from 2017.)

Hughie Maughan 'seriously shook' after receiving death threats over RTE tanning disaster

Hughie Maughan (21) has been forced to defend himself from racism claims after being accused of ‘blacking up’ on Dancing with the Stars.

Hughie Maughan has revealed how he’s been left “seriously shook” after receiving death threats in the wake of his tanning disaster.

The Dancing with the Stars contestant has opened up about the huge backlash on social media from people in the States who confused his tanning disaster with racism.

“It’s not just one, there’s loads of them, from a group of people Tweeting things, death threats and how I should be attacked with a machete,” he told the Herald.

“Of course I’m shook. I take full responsibility for my tan and anyone who’s saying that I’m being racist is wrong. I’m a member of the travelling community, I’ve had racism all my life and I would never be racist.

“I can’t believe the reaction that I’m getting. This is a tan that has turned into an international press storm.”

Earlier this week, the former Celebrity Big Brother star was forced to defend himself from racism claims after being accused of 'blacking up' on Dancing with the Stars - while producers on the show have moved to ensure no repeat of the issue.

See more: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...really-9635055

https://www.independent.ie/entertain...-35374860.html

He's from Ireland and is an Irish traveller who uses fake tan: https://www.famousbirthdays.com/peop...e-maughan.html

He's clearly put too much fake tan on his skin in this video.

In no way did he deserve to be sent death threats over using fake tan - that's just sick and evil behaviour. Whichever maniacs sent him death threats should be prosecuted.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-09-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It looks so unnatural.

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-09-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Why do black people attack white people who use a load of fake tan to look extremely dark, but yet say nothing about all the millions of Asian and Indian and black people who use skin lightening products, straight hair wigs worn by many black people, contact lenses in the eyes, etc, to look like white people. It's all very one-sided.

This Swedish model Emma Hallberg was attacked on social media and has been accused of 'blackfacing'. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle...ectid=12158229

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-09-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Human Resources Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 10:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,473
    Given: 10,006

1 Not allowed!

look at these racist bodybuilders

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Five white men in Australia appeared as The Jackson 5 on the Australian TV show 'Hey Hey It's Saturday.'

They had already won a competition on the same show 20 years previously whilst they were medical students and were dressed in the same costumes and make-up portraying The Jackson 5.

They wore dark make-up and wigs in order to look like their idols... but Harry Connick Jr (an American guest on the show) was offended. He said, 'Man, if they turned up looking like that in the United States... hey, hey, there's no more show.'

No offence was meant. How are they supposed to portray The Jackson 5 if they were to come out with white skin and blue eyes and blond hair? The wigs and make-up were just costume and make-up effects like in movies. If this was reversed and some black people painted themselves white and wore straight hair wigs on their head to portray Madonna or Britney Spears on a TV show, I doubt white people would take offence to it.

The man playing MJ is a plastic surgeon in real life... ... one of the men portaying The Jackon 5 is a radiologist in real life, another is a urologist, another is a psychiatrist, another is an anaesthetist, and another is a cardiologist.

2:30 and 3:17 and 5:33: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEtj...layer_embedded

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-09-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Espańol
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,540
    Given: 4,803

0 Not allowed!

Funny. Many laughs lol
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Thread Information