Country
    Abkhazia
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

I support abortion, but not in the place of birth control.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-17-2009 @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain (Some by way of Ulster) & Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Ultra-Conservative/anti-Obama
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

This is why abortion is such an issue, it has become a legal form of birth control.

Last Online
    03-22-2012 @ 03:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German / English
    Ancestry
    Mother's family is all German. Father's family is English since 1066; before that Norman
    Region
    Kansas
    Politics
    Nietzsche
    Religion
    Æsir
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Can you name a culture where the claim that innocent life should be protected would not be agreed with?
    I can name tons. It all just depends upon the situation.

A forum for European ethnic preservation has absolutely no business condoning the killing of ethnic Europeans. I don't understand how anyone could contend otherwise. What "Christian assumptions" are those exactly?
    Christianity is a semitic-based religion whose holy book is filled with Mesopotamian fairy tales. Yet you speak of European preservation?

The Dog Days Are Over Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-29-2013 @ 07:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic/English/American
    Ethnicity
    Pretty
    Ancestry
    Scotland/England/America
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Politics
    Rather Not
    Religion
    half Atheist/half Spiritul/Nature
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16

0 Not allowed!

Abortion is not a pleasant thought really but it is the womans body and I feel abortion should be legal and totally up to the women involved. It should not be birth control but...the option should not be illegal. That would just cause more problems it seems...forcing women to give birth to a child they don't won't ( for whatever reason ) ...

Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-21-2009 @ 06:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic/Germanic
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SwordoftheVistula View Post
    Well even that-say you have a heroin junkie that is dependent on handouts, and everyone decides they don't want to give the heroin junkie handouts anymore, and next week the her.
    Do you mean "and next week they kill her?"
    I don't really consider it killing.
    When does life begin?
    But, European peoples are a 'K-selective' people, meaning that quality and ability to appropriately parent matter more than producing sheer numbers of children.
    Is there any greater example of r-selection than actively pursuing the destruction of one's own offspring?
    If a woman decides she is unable or unwilling to properly raise a child, to force her to do so and have a child which will not be properly brought up is against the interests of our society in general.
    I'm not interested in "forcing" any woman to raise any child. Why does everyone always forget about adoption?
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    This is why abortion is such an issue, it has become a legal form of birth control.
    Abortion is "such an issue," because every decent person should oppose the killing of innocent children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf Kraki View Post
    I can name tons. It all just depends upon the situation.
    Name one.
    Christianity is a semitic-based religion whose holy book is filled with Mesopotamian fairy tales. Yet you speak of European preservation?
    You don't have to be a "Jesus freak" to oppose the killing of unborn European children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Abortion is not a pleasant thought really but it is the womans body and I feel abortion should be legal and totally up to the women involved. It should not be birth control but...the option should not be illegal. That would just cause more problems it seems...forcing women to give birth to a child they don't won't ( for whatever reason ) ...
    "Force?" Surely, it's a greater display of "force" to rip an unborn child apart than to ask that one simply be allowed to live?

People call me sensational.

The Dog Days Are Over Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-29-2013 @ 07:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic/English/American
    Ethnicity
    Pretty
    Ancestry
    Scotland/England/America
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Politics
    Rather Not
    Religion
    half Atheist/half Spiritul/Nature
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16

0 Not allowed!

I get your point SB but still facing the facts that making abortion illegal is going to do more harm than good. It is cruel and its a cruel world...and to your rep point...I wouldn't do that. It isn't always about this or that but about the choice because it is very needed very often for many women.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-08-2012 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17

0 Not allowed!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf View Post
    I understand where pro-lifers are coming from. I absolutely don't want babies to die, but ultimately I think it is not your choice in the matter. If it was your baby I would never tell you how to raise or take care of that baby, nor whether to abort it or not.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree more. What better person to make the decision than the parents? Not the government and most definitely not someone swayed by religion and its inherent irrationality and dogma. I am definitiely pro-choice.

A Wanderer Through Middle Earth YggsVinr's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-20-2012 @ 10:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Ancestry
    Norman, West Frankish
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post

Can you name a culture where the claim that innocent life should be protected would not be agreed with?
    I'll answer this question in part by looking first at your final question to me:

What "Christian assumptions" are those exactly
    One Abrahamic assumption would be the recognition of the "innocent life" or "soul" of an unborn child. The notion of "innocence" within such a framework is one mostly held by those who adhere to an Abrahamic religion.

There are a good many cultures who do not oppose the taking of an "innocent life". In our modern world there was (and to a degree is) Chinese culture wherein female children would be slain due to childbearing quotas. The treatment of female children in past Chinese culture indicates that parents had no qualms with this.

The main reason any form of abortion in pre-Christian European culture might have been opposed was in regards to inheritance. Most men wanted children to carry on their bloodline and so the abortion of legitimate children would understandably be opposed by a father in need of an heir (though not opposed by possible rivals or siblings), though if the opposite were true (too many children to support) primitive methods of abortion were not exactly unheard of. The notion of an inherently sacred "innocent life" didn't exist, and notions of "innocence" (ie. the case of the virgin in Roman society) and the corruption thereof were linked to personal and family honour not unborn children.

And let's not forget that the Spartans often exposed their newborn children to the elements so that only the strong survived. This notion isn't exactly alien to Europeans (as a war-like people) prior to the Christian influence.

A forum for European ethnic preservation has absolutely no business condoning the killing of ethnic Europeans. I don't understand how anyone could contend otherwise.
    Why would a forum for the ethnic and cultural preservation of Europeans support the values of an alien culture? I explained before why pro-choice is not necessarily the enemy of European ethnic and cultural preservation. What is the point in preserving the unborn child of a crack whore who is never going to take care of her child and who will probably teach it more about the multicultural trends of our modern world than her own culture?
    Last edited by YggsVinr; 01-27-2009 at 07:49 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Cool

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing
    Abortion is not a pleasant thought really but it is the womans body and I feel abortion should be legal and totally up to the women involved. It should not be birth control but...the option should not be illegal. That would just cause more problems it seems...forcing women to give birth to a child they don't want (for whatever reason ) ...

Southern Boy says: "Force?" Surely, it's a greater display of "force" to rip an unborn child apart than to ask that one simply be allowed to live?

I say: Yes, banning abortion forces the woman to have the baby. Why make it so complicated?
    Last edited by Thorum; 01-27-2009 at 07:57 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Cool

Well said and exactly right!!

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information