Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,563
    Given: 29,007

3 Not allowed!

The Celts grew out of Bell Beaker. Not really related to Meds. Mediterranean populations like the Greeks and Romans saw the Celts as foreign to them. Urnfield and Unetice are thought to be pre-Celtic. Even today most Irish are still very similar to old Unetice samples.

Bell Beaker is a Yamnaya off shoot and brought R1b-L21 to Britain and Ireland with a nearly complete population replacement in the Bronze Age.

Latest study on the topic. Just adding the title because it should clue people in on what happened.

The Beaker Phenomenon And The Genomic Transformation Of Northwest Europe

http://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorx...35962.full.pdf

Here Eurogenes blog on the topic of the Rathlin genomes.

http://eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/201...-point-to.html
    Last edited by Grace O'Malley; 07-16-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    The Celts grew out of Bell Beaker. Not really related to Meds. Mediterranean populations like the Greeks and Romans saw the Celts as foreign to them. Urnfield and Unetice are thought to be pre-Celtic. Even today most Irish are still very similar to old Unetice samples.

Bell Beaker is a Yamnaya off shoot and brought R1b-L21 to Britain and Ireland with a nearly complete population replacement in the Bronze Age.

Latest study on the topic.

http://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorx...35962.full.pdf

Here Eurogenes blog on the topic of the Rathlin genomes.

http://eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/201...-point-to.html
    The same goes for both Romans and Greeks, and rest of IE speakers. The reason that in historical ages they looked Mediterranean is the same that most of celtic speakers looked this way (see Iberia, half of gaul and South-western part of Britain) , which is assimilation of Mediterranean pre-IE.
    Linguistically they were related to Mediterranean Europeans, the reason that they were sawn as foreign was their barbarous way of life, and the assimilation of non-Mediterranean population which obviously affected their racial types

Talking about celts, the worst mistake we could do would be to talk about British celts and overlook the equally celtic populations of Iberia and gaul, both much related to Mediterranean people

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,563
    Given: 29,007

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    The same goes for both Romans and Greeks, and rest of IE speakers. The reason that in historical ages they were Mediterranean is the same that most of celtic speakers looked this way (see Iberia, half of gaul and much of Britain) , which is assimilation of Mediterranean pre-IE.
    Linguistically they were related to Mediterranean Europeans, the reason that they were sawn as foreign was their barbarous way of life, and the assimilation of non-Mediterranean population which obviously affected their racial types
    Why would they be like Mediterranean people when they didn't originate there. Mediterraneans are more Neolithic and that is why they look Mediterranean. Read the study on the Bell Beakers which is the main population base of people like the British and Irish to this day. The Celts originated out of Bell Beaker populations. I'm not sure why you are insisting they are Mediterranean despite all evidence to the contrary.

Here is the info on Iberia. They are a lot more neolithic farmer and have less Bell Beaker input than places like Britain and Ireland which explain why they have less Steppe in their dna. It's not difficult to find all this information and read up on it if you are genuinely interested instead of rehashing stuff which has been gone over numerous times. Please don't take this the wrong way as I like you brennus.

The population genomics of archaeological transition in west Iberia

http://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorx...34254.full.pdf

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,925
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

The guy is an embarrasment he is so desperate to be accepted by the west.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Why would they be like Mediterranean people when they didn't originate there. Mediterraneans are more Neolithic and that is why they look Mediterranean. Read the study on the Bell Beakers which is the main population base of people like the British and Irish to this day. The Celts originated out of Bell Beaker populations. I'm not sure why you are insisting they are Mediterranean despite all evidence to the contrary.

Here is the info on Iberia. They are a lot more neolithic farmer and have less Bell Beaker input than places like Britain and Ireland which explain why they have less Steppe in their dna. It's not difficult to find all this information and read up on it if you are genuinely interested instead of rehashing stuff which has been gone over numerous times. Please don't take this the wrong way as I like you brennus.

The population genomics of archaeological transition in west Iberia

http://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorx...34254.full.pdf
    You misunderstood my point.Celts as a proto-IE steppe group in the bronze age, where the particular studies focus,could not be Mediterranean. I was talking exclusively about the assimilation of Mediterranean neolithic populations by celts (like in Iberia) which resulted a huge amount of Mediterranean celtic speakers in antiquity in particular countries
    Proto-greeks and proto-romans were also steppe non-neolithic populations which assimilated neolithic populations and resulted the Mediterranean majority in these countries. That's what I meant in my first line by "the same goes for both Romans and Greeks and the rest of ie people"

I like you too grace
    Last edited by brennus dux gallorum; 07-16-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    The guy is an embarrasment he is so desperate to be accepted by the west.
    I don't see you claiming your Eastern European ancestry though..

Banned
    Last Online
    02-13-2024 @ 02:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Diverse
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid-Iranid-Faelid
    Politics
    Pragmathic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,154
    Given: 1,061

0 Not allowed!

Yamanaya and Corded Ware weren't blond. Then...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Anyway, talking about proto-celts, or the rest of proto-ie, no they were not Mediterranean, and I don't think that any modern racial type resembles so clearly the phenotypes of that period
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrificed Ram View Post
    Yamanaya and Corded Ware weren't blond. Then...
    Being Mediterranean is not just about being dark haired, there are even Mediterraneans with light hair, it's mostly about facial structure

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    Just give me one reason for a turk to participate in a thread about Europeans, and even more to respond to the ignorance of this turk

For your information, yes celts apart from owing their own name to Greeks, Turkish dumb, they are related to South Europe in many ways, but that's non of your business, go to post in any thread about Kazakhstan and leave Europe alone with your ignorance and stupidity, I have better things to do than explaining a Turkish dumb the linguistic and archaeological evidence of celts and South Europe (in that case Greek) connection
    LOL you insecure wannabe, you have no idea how loser you look like. First you deny you're a Balkanian now you try to associate yourself with Celtic peoples over superficial linguistic connections that all IE languages share more or less. Listen Malaka, just because some Celtic tribes took part in the development of Mediterranean culture doesn't necessarily mean every Mediterranean/South European people are related with Celtic peoples. Celtic Galatians lived in Central Anatolia for 700 years, they were one of the 3 biggest ethnicites in Anatolia during the ancient and early mediveal period alongside with "Greeks" and Armenians. Despite this fact, I've never seen a Turk claiming he/she is some sort of related with Celtic peoples, I've never seen a Greek who does that either so your distinct personal autism is quite standing out. What you do is trying to overrepresent minimum similarities and ignore/underestimate maximum differences. Keep embarrassing yourself.
    Last edited by Pennywise; 07-16-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manzikert View Post
    LOl you insecure wannabe, you have no idea how loser you look like. First you deny you're a Balkanian now you try to associate yourself with Celtic peoples over superficial linguistic connections that all IE people languages share more or less. Listen Malaka, just because some Celtic tribes took part in the development of Mediterranean culture doesn't necessarily mean every Mediterranean/South European people are related with Celtic peoples. Celtic Galatians lived in Central Anatolia for 700 years, they were one of the 3 biggest ethnicites in Anatolia during the ancient and early mediveal period alongside with "Greeks" and Armenians. Despite this fact, I've never seen a Turk claiming he/she is some sort of related with Celtic peoples, I've never seen a Greek who does that either so your distinct personal autism is quite standing out. What you do trying to overrepresent minum similarities and ignore/underestimate maximum differences. Keep embarrasing yourself.
    I don't try to associate myself with anyone, Greeks are just what they are supposed to be, Mediterranean southern European. I obviously deny to be something that I am not (Balkan or eastern European in general which I have to refer thanks to an dumb like you) , but never claimed to be something that I am also not. All I said about celts is that they contributed to the creation of many south European societies, not even referring the name of Greece

The fact that you an Arabo-siberian dumb from a country that never offered anything to this world, hijacks every thread in a European culture forum just because he doesn't understand what he reads, with personal attacks and irrelevant things doesn't mean we all have to post off-topic things

In other words, you have nothing to contribute here, as your country does in general, take your 3rd world middle eastern trolling and get out ofhere, I have no time for your personal insults

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread Information