Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Awesome fictional characters.

Hanse Davion, "The Fox." From Battletech. The dynamic ruler of the powerful, neo-feudal Federated Suns in the 31st century.

Hanse Davion (2983 – 17 June, 3052, aged 69 years) was the First Prince of the Federated Suns from 3013 until his death in 3052. He was the second child of Prince Andrew Davion and his wife Jennifer Campbell. He was known by his nickname of "The Fox", for his shrewd and cunning military and political strategies.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hanse_Davion

Darth Revan, "The Revanchist." From the Star Wars expanded universe, first appearing in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic:

Revan, renowned as "the Revanchist" and dreaded as Darth Revan, was an eminent Jedi Knight turned conquering Dark Lord of the Sith until, stripped of his true persona, he returned to the crumbling Jedi Order and helped defeat the Sith Empire he had established. A Human of unknown origins...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

Jim Raynor, but he calls himself Jimmy. From Starcraft. A badass fella who has a love/hate relationship with Kerrigan. Appeared in the original SC and the Brood War expansion and'll also be a principal character in SCII.

James "Jim" Raynor is one of the central characters and primary protagonists in Blizzard Entertainment's StarCraft series... Raynor initially appeared in the original game as a twenty-nine year old Terran, a marshal on a backwater colony world [Mar Sara]. He later joins a growing revolution against the oppressive Confederacy of Man before becoming disillusioned with its cause and forming his own paramilitary group [Raynor's Raiders].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Raynor

Sten, or "a sten of Beresaad." He uses his military rank as his name. A companion of the Grey Warden in Dragon Age: Origins.

Sten is a warrior of the Beresaad, the vanguard of the qunari race. He is a stoic and disciplined man with a strong code of honor, and the way he treats others depends on whether or not they have his respect, which he does not give easily.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Sten

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Qunari

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

Default James Howlett

Wolverine

'Nuff said.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm trying to think of people from less well-known fictional backgrounds.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Machiko Noguchi, from the original Dark Horse Aliens vs. Predator comic series from the early 90s. A Japanese corporate salarywoman with some impressive fighting skills who helps a Predator hunt master put down an infestation on a human colony world.

Machiko Noguchi was a 22nd century human female who lived and hunted as an honorary member of the Predator species.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Machiko_Noguchi

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

Dude I am such a fan of Battletech it's not even funny.

Nicholas Kerensky, son of Aleksandr Kerensky, and the man who formed the Clans from the remnants of the Star League Defense Force.

[YOUTUBE]2YkfIJ8HUWs[/YOUTUBE]

Warden all the way!
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by John Preston View Post
    Dude I am such a fan of Battletech it's not even funny.

Nicholas Kerensky, son of Aleksandr Kerensky, and the man who formed the Clans from the remnants of the Star League Defense Force.

[YOUTUBE]2YkfIJ8HUWs[/YOUTUBE]

Warden all the way!
    I started playing Battletech 20 years ago, right as the Clans were being introduced into the setting in 3049/50. To begin with, I had but a single custom assault mech: the REX-R1 Tyrannosaurus (100 tons, PPC-armed, jump capable, etc.), which I lost to an engine critical from an infantry platoon. By that time, I'd added a Stinger and a Panther to my mangy mercenary band. That long-defunct campaign was awesome- for who else put middle school kids would give mechs names like "The Tard" (100 tons, 4 AC/20s) or "The Bill the Cat"?

I've mostly been a devotee of the Davions (for the Inner Sphere) and the Wolves (for the Clans).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Did you watch the cartoon series as well? Gosh I have such memories sitting down with my fruit loops watching early every morning before school that show. Battletech was like a religion unto itself for me up until I was about 17. Played all the Mechwarrior games and would play them for hours on end. Made all the more enjoyable when you read the books (Michael A. Stackpole's were my fav) and immersed yourself into the background of the universe itself.
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by John Preston View Post
    Did you watch the cartoon series as well? Gosh I have such memories sitting down with my fruit loops watching early every morning before school that show. Battletech was like a religion unto itself for me up until I was about 17. Played all the Mechwarrior games and would play them for hours on end. Made all the more enjoyable when you read the books (Michael A. Stackpole's were my fav) and immersed yourself into the background of the universe itself.
    The cartoon was fine for the time, I suppose, but I wouldn't call it great or anything.

By the time the cartoon came on, 1995 I think, I'd become well-learned in the basics of the Battletech setting, having read the first two Stackpole trilogies (Warrior and Kerensky) and some of the others, like the Jade Falcon books with Aidan Pryde. I largely stopped following the setting's progression with the Twilight of the Clans and, definitely, by the time Katherine and Victor had their dust-up over their parents' thrones, which lead into the Jihad of the whacked-out Blake fanatics. That didn't stop me from buying the game materials, mind you, but even that dropped off.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

[YOUTUBE]nm76b8tzzWI[/YOUTUBE]

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!