Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alexander the great with plis hat?

Last Online
    09-26-2015 @ 12:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian/Epiriote
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Epirus
    Country
    Albania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-Alpinid
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 201
    Given: 248

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by davai View Post
    source or it didnt happen!?

also stop with your pheromone pussy dripping, youre annoying as fuck and messing up the forum.Neither did anyone ever see your "classy" brown gypsoid face.
    You asked one of the administrators to delete your thread ahahahahahahhah poor gypsoserb

Đurđe Kastriotić

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 01:31 PM
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 108

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    Greeks don't ude that hat, its only Albanians who do. I'm not claiming that Alex was Albanian lolz but the fact that Albanians know to survive without forgeting their culture is to admire.
    Neither am I. We can maybe argue he was Illyrian or Thracian. but he wasn't Illyrian or Thracian either because his mind was already hellenized. Macedonians weren't originally Greeks. after the invasion of thebes and athens many elite leaders of macedon became hellenized but macedonia was still not a united nation and there exist non hellenized or partial hellenized people too. These non-hellenized people were most likely Illyrians or Thracians. Maybe they didn't look at tehemselves as such and maybe a Macedonian identity existed at that time before becoming Greeks. But what was their origin? Most likely Illyrian or Thracian. That means Greeks have non-greek ancestry too. they have Illyrian and Thracian ancestry. but greek macedonia is also overwhelmingly slavic influenced. north greece has illyrian ancestry, around peloponese. many Illyrian tribes around there underwent hellenization. Not all ancient macedonians and epirotans became hellenized, some became later slavicized around todays fyrom and some are today Albanians. Alexanders army wasn't fully Greek either. So I don't see why other people can't celebrate this part of history? It's not just a greek achievement. Nationalistic people, especially Balkan ones, are so butthurt. Its the same when the Romans invaded the Balkans, you had latinized people andyou had partial latinized. Albanian ancestors being the last one, partially latinized. Hellenization has happenedb later on in history too, like the arvanite, who are hellenized Albanians. Some of them have been Greek nationalists. or atleast fought for Greeks and were commanders or leaders in their armies.

Only Geg Albanians use this hat from what I have seen. the Tosk one is shaped differently on top its flat. t is the same hat but just shaped differently. the Geg one is exactly 100% identical and the name is also the same, its origin is the same. It is the same hat. This is what I found interesting and the whole point of this thread if one is Albanian they will understand, how Gegs retained its originality.

With all that being said. considering a lot of times Epirotans and Macedonians seem to be the same people like the Pelagonians, I doubt ancient macedonian origin was hellenized Thracian. maybe influenced by Thracians. or maybe Thracians and Illyrians were closely related people. and ancient macedonia was like Dardania, a Thraco-Illyrian contact zone before becoming hellenized. Epirus was Illyro-Greek/Greco-Illyrian with many tribes undergoing hellenuzation. I consider the craddle of Greek civilisation as Athens and Sparta, regions around there. with all this being said, Greeks have Illyrian and thracian ancestry too much like some south slavs do. They just don't claim it because they are already Greeks, another ancient population of the Balkans. south slavs are slavs and they know they are knew to the balkans compared to other populations so they claim it more because they want to fit in and tell themselves they are ancient, more ancient than their neighbors so they can sleep well at night.

The case with Albanians is totally different, neither slavs or Greeks, only conclusion remains Thracian or Illyrian. The Albanian language classified within its own branch. Slavs have descendants, Greeks have descendants, Albanians have also descendants known by other names, and who is that? Most likely Illyrians or Thracians or Thraco-Illyrians. Thats why the case with Albanians and them claiming thracians or Illyrians is totally different.
    Last edited by Shqipez; 06-15-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Last Online
    01-29-2017 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,930
    Given: 1,607

0 Not allowed!

source or it didnt happen!?

also stop with your pheromone pussy dripping, youre annoying as fuck and messing up the forum.Neither did anyone ever see your "classy" brown gypsoid face.
    By getting all defensive and demanding proof, is enough proof to verify it happened, live with it gyspy.

You should learn to respect Albanians more inferior gypsy after all karadjordje was Albanian, source you'll ask, well no other than your favourite website ; Wikipedia !

"A 2006 book by journalist Milorad Bošnjak and machine engineer Slobodan Jakovljević (a direct descendant of Jakov Obrenović, half-brother of Miloš Obrenović) claimed that Karađorđe's ancestor was an Albanian Catholic from Kelmend called Đin Maraš Klimenta while Dimitrije Tucović had earlier claimed that he was of Albanian descent "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara%C...%C4%87_dynasty

Last Online
    09-26-2015 @ 12:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian/Epiriote
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Epirus
    Country
    Albania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-Alpinid
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 201
    Given: 248

0 Not allowed!

which administrator?Ask him to confirm this.

why dont you post this thread here so we can all laugh instead, I am of very short memory you filthy gypsy?

while doing so also post your toothless brown sheeptar face.
    Post the thread that was removed?

:v

Đurđe Kastriotić

Banned
    Last Online
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    not stealing history, my friend. the connection might be from Illyrian-Thracian ancestry and other paleo-balkanic influences.

Sirras' origin is disputed, scholars being divided on whether he was of Lynkestian origin, or of Illyrian (Taulantii) origin.[2][3] Plutarch explicitly stated that his daughter, Eurydice, was an Illyrian,[4] so does Libanius, as is stated in the 10th-century Byzantine encyclopaedia Suda.[5]
    Eurydice was the daughter of Sirras of Lyncestis, Upper Macedonia. Eurydice had four children: Alexander II, Perdiccas III, Philip II, all of whom would be crowned kings, a daughter Eurynoe, and through her son Philip, she was the paternal grandmother of Alexander the Great

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirras

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurydice_I_of_Macedon
    Due to the fragmentary attestation of this language or dialect, various interpretations are possible.[8] Suggested phylogenetic classifications of Macedonian include:[9]

An Indo-European language that is a close cousin to Greek and also related to Thracian and Phrygian languages, suggested by A. Meillet (1913) and I. I. Russu (1938),[10] or part of a Sprachbund encompassing Thracian, Illyrian and Greek (Kretschmer 1896, E. Schwyzer 1959).
    An Illyrian dialect mixed with Greek, suggested by K. O. Müller (1825) and by G. Bonfante (1987).
    A Greek dialect, part of the North-Western (Locrian, Aetolian, Phocidian, Epirote) variants of Doric Greek, suggested amongst others by N.G.L. Hammond (1989) Olivier Masson (1996), Michael Meier-Brügger (2003) and Johannes Engels (2010).[11][12][13][14]
    A northern Greek dialect, related to Aeolic Greek and Thessalian, suggested among others by A.Fick (1874) and O.Hoffmann (1906).[11][15]

A Greek dialect with a non-Indo-European substratal influence, suggested by M. Sakellariou (1983).
    A sibling language of Greek within Indo-European, Macedonian and Greek forming two subbranches of a Greco-Macedonian subgroup within Indo-European (sometimes called "Hellenic"),[8] suggested by Joseph (2001), Georgiev (1966),[16] Hamp & Adams (2013),[17]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancien...onian_language

besides this, greek macedonians share the same Y-DNA as Kosovar&FYROM Albanians, the frequencies are so similar if you minus the slavic influences. I'm pretty sure at one point in time ancient macedonians were of the same stock as todays Kosovo Albanians or Thraco-Illyrian people called Dardanians. Alexander the great, his family, and the rest of Macedon kingdom were most likely some kind of hellenized Ancient Albanian Gegs. Kurt was right.

FYROM slavs and Bulgarians for some reason are also closely related too, and might be the result of slavicized illyrians nad thracians and greeks living in the area. but high slavic influences much like greek macedonians have. Greek macedonians today aren't any less slavic genetically than FYROM slavs, TBH.
    Last edited by Shqipez; 06-22-2015 at 04:30 AM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,157
    Given: 6,705

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by solaris View Post
    another proof he was albanian.
    I'm convinced

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberoHellenic View Post
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandfriendship View Post
    BTW - you having a picture of Pyrrhus as your avatar is the Albanian equivalent of Michael Jackson bleaching his skin white.

Banned
    Last Online
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen B View Post
    This.
    I already know this. read the OP. it says clearly that I know this hat was used in ancient greece and illyria. the name is also similar in both greek and albanian. is the word greek or albanian in origin?

My question is why is it only used by Albanians today? and why is the shape used by ancient greeks as seen in pictures, the same as Albanian Gegs but not as Tosks who are closesr geographically to greeks? My question is was this hat originally greek or Illyrian? This hat being Greek in origin doesn't make sense. my whole point is it's most likely Illyrian in origin. Thracians, tradionally seen as cousins of illyrians had a similar cap hat or whatever, but it was more similar to the phrygian one.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 09:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA