Pals Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw will be joining Simon Cowell and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini on the judging panel in the new series of X Factor 2015.

The Radio 1 DJ and the singer had been hotly tipped to replace Louis Walsh and Mel B on the ITV talent show.

Simon confirmed the news, saying: “It’s taken a while! But I am very happy to be able to confirm our line-up of judges for The X Factor this year.

“The combination of Nick, Cheryl and Rita is going to be a lot of fun! They all bring a lot of enthusiasm and passion for music to the show.”

Rita – who was in the judging line-up of the last series of rival BBC show The Voice tweeted: “Let’s do this.”

Simon said: “I have a feeling I am in for a bit of a rough time but sometimes you have to embrace the craziness and now, with luck, we hope to find a star.”

Nick, who will stay at the helm of Radio 1′s breakfast show while appearing on the ITV talent show, said: “I love X Factor and have watched the series religiously since it started, so obviously I’m hugely excited to be joining the show.

“Music is my job and my passion and I’m really looking forward to seeing what talent we can find and nurture this year. I can’t wait for Judges’ Houses in Oldham.”