You will not like it
    Hero
    el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,148
    Given: 18,117

4 Not allowed!

Default English language = Tower of Babel

Beautiful languages, such as Ancient Greek, Latin, or Arabic have fixed, quite mathematical structures. English, on the other hand is in a constant state of flux, and lacks uniformity. Not only that, but languages, depending on how they developed, affect psyches of peoples differently. A truthful, accurate, Aristotlean language like Ancient Greek (where a table = table, and why even to this day English language uses ANCIENT GREEK in the classification systems of biology, botany, zoology, and basically all sciences) will have a certain faculty, almost like a higher mind. Contrast that to a sneaky language like English, where there is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. Boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. This is why lying and dishonesty is very easy for people in the English language. Its vagueness and sneakiness lead to the development of lawyers, the worst and most parasitical profession in English. Lawyers in the Islamic gold age were also philosophers and religious scholars, but can you imagine a lawyer today being so?

English itself is a BIG change from its medieval variety. Try reading Beowulf if you want to see what I mean...the reason it is so drasticly different in such a short time, IMO is because it was a fake artificial language created by segments of theBritish elite. There was NO SHAKESPEARE...IT WAS A PROPAGANDA/LEGEND for the invention of English to control first Britain, and then the world. (This ofcourse, is just my hypothesis but I have reasons to believe so.)

This is why there are accents for non-native speakers. The mind, psyche and tongue are all connected, and when a sneaky, fake, language is introduced to the non-native speaker...the tongue quivers or slows down. I've come to believe, the worse the accent, the more honest the person's psyche. What will happen when ESL is the language of the world, and everybody's tongue is quivering, in a manner of speaking? I think this what the "tower of Babel" was alluding to.

There has to be a concerted effort to fight against the English language. I understand, now, the Boko Haram*.

* (inb4 im a terrorist sympathesizer, i just understand where they are coming from, I do not support and condemn their genocidal acts).

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2018 @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    You will not like it
    Hero
    el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Every country or people who are not a lapdog, should boycott English language aka ESL, and start cultivating and subsidizing their literarture...if you are real men, you will agree with me.

I also call upon the native English speakers, to learn a second language, preferably QURANIC ARABIC, to improve and heal your psyches.

Peace be upon he who follows the right path, to those obedient to Allah and His Prophet, to those who believe in Allah's Oneness and to those who worship Allah.

Truly, I call upon you to obey Allah's command and convert to Islam. Muhammad (PBUH) was sent as Allah's Messenger to the entire world so that sleeping hearts will be awakened and dark hearts illuminated and so that non-Muslims will have no excuses. Submit to Islam so that you will be safe and immune from His punishment and His wrath. If you disobey Allah and reject His Religion, you will be responsible for your own sins.
    Last edited by Wadaad; 06-30-2015 at 07:24 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

0 Not allowed!

ساخر

Jägerstaffel

0 Not allowed!

I disagree. That is all.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,707
    Given: 5,850

5 Not allowed!

The English language is anarchic. Stick a working class Scot, Irishman, Aussie, Newfie, Appalachian & a Scouser in a room & it would be a riot.

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a2a
    mtDNA
    V
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,075
    Given: 11,797

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    The English language is anarchic. Stick a working class Scot, Irishman, Aussie, Newfie, Appalachian & a Scouser in a room & it would be a riot.
    I have relatives in Newfoundland, the accent is funny as hell

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

1 Not allowed!

Well, Croatian is under attack of ''anglizmi'', worthless loanwords of low quality.

English language may be owe-emphasised, but it's postion as lingua franca has more advantages than not, imo.

Jägerstaffel

5 Not allowed!

If you study the history of the English language, you'll find that it does make sense.

I'm all for national and ethnic groups using and rediscovering their own languages though. Linguistic diversity is one of the beautiful aspects of the kaleidoscope of human culture and it is a shame that globalisation is narrowing that diversity or erasing it altogether in some instances.

Graham does have a point in that the extremely varied accents of far-flung native English speakers are hilarious though. I'd imagine that those disconnected speakers would find some joy in noticing the occasional similarities. My grandmother accepts a "wee dram" from time to time at parties.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2018 @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    You will not like it
    Hero
    el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Well, Croatian is under attack of ''anglizmi'', worthless loanwords of low quality.

English language may be owe-emphasised, but it's postion as lingua franca has more advantages than not, imo.
    Its utility as a commercial language is coming to an end. Very soon prepare for Anglo-Americans (Aussies, Canadians, etc) with poor ability to grasp your languages migrating and infesting your lands. Anglizmi is detrimental to Croatian, the more loanwords infest your language, the less precise your thinking becomes.

Coincidentally, I found a recent paper by a Croatian re: the translation of English idioms in TV subtitling:

http://www.ffzg.unizg.hr/hieronymus/...2014_Bujic.pdf

I could imagine the challenges for the Croatian writers, findng the appropriate translations for certain inacurrate and stupid English idioms. The proper attitude in this scenario, is to prefer 'DUBBING' (a dominant action) to 'SUBTITLING' (a concession and weak action).

The key to fighting anglicization, is to be dominant and active.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wadaad View Post
    Its utility as a commercial language is coming to an end. Very soon prepare for Anglo-Americans (Aussies, Canadians, etc) with poor ability to grasp your languages migrating and infesting your lands. Anglizmi is detrimental to Croatian, the more loanwords infest your language, the less precise your thinking becomes.

Coincidentally, I found a recent paper by a Croatian re: the translation of English idioms in TV subtitling:

http://www.ffzg.unizg.hr/hieronymus/...2014_Bujic.pdf

I could imagine the challenges for the Croatian writers, findng the appropriate translations for certain inacurrate and stupid English idioms. The proper attitude in this scenario, is to prefer 'DUBBING' (a dominant action) to 'SUBTITLING' (a concession and weak action).

The key to fighting anglicization, is to be dominant and active.
    I agree with most of your points there. Thank you for the link!

However, subtitled films is main reason why so many Croats speak very good English. We are small nation and our language is hard to learn and poitically irrelevant, but we fought hard in the past to preserve it.
    Italians have dubbed films and they speak English on significantly lower level than us, as I noticed. On average ofcourse.

Don't you think dubbed films in any language sound awful? It destroys the entire experience, but I see why some nations push it. Language is main aspect of identity and needs to be preserved at any price, yes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information