"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default NY Plans to Eliminate 170,000 Canada Geese

July 23, 2010 (NY Times) - It’s a doomsday plan for New York’s geese.

A nine-page report put together by a variety of national, state and city agencies shows that officials hope to reduce the number of Canada geese in New York to 85,000 from 250,000.

That means that roughly 170,000 geese — two-thirds of the population — will be killed.

The nearly 400 geese gassed to death this month after being rounded up in Prospect Park in Brooklyn — as well as an unknown number of other geese killed in New York City in recent weeks — were but a small part of the ambitious overall goal outlined in the document, which was obtained by City Room.

“The state of New York has close to 250,000 resident Canada geese, which is more than three times the state’s population goal of 85,000,” the report states. It is unknown how many have been killed so far.

The plan, according to a high-level official at the United States Department of Agriculture, was a result of five months of meetings between February and June 2009, after the crash of US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River. Canada geese hit both of the jet’s engines, causing the splashdown.

Those attending the meetings that yielded the plan included officials from the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, the National Park Service and key staff members from Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg’s office, the official said.

He said that politicians peppered officials from the Department of Agriculture with questions about the science and asked how many goose strikes had occurred and the danger they posed. They learned that there have been 78 Canada goose strikes over 10 years in New York, and that those strikes caused more than $2.2 million in aircraft damage.

The plan was written with the approval of everyone at that table, the official said, including this paragraph:

“The captured geese are placed alive in commercial turkey crates. The geese would be brought to a secure location and euthanized with methods approved by the American Veterinary Medical Association. Euthanized geese would be buried.”
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

I see these geese a lot when I travel up to work. Lots of ponds and streams along the way, where these quackers like to congregate. They can be a hazard when they cross the road in long lines, and I've seen goose roadkill from time to time to show that not all drivers stop for them.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North Sea Germanic
    Ancestry
    Old Stockade American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

0 Not allowed!

Not to mention that they cause swimmers itch! I suppose it is cheaper to kill them than to apply Turf Shield® and ReJex-iT® AG-36 in large quantities around the city.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Cracking down on illegal aliens I see!

I wonder how long it takes for a Canada Goose to get a green card?

Last Online
    07-08-2012 @ 11:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    Barbarians the Romans couldn't handle
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Philadelphia
    Politics
    Tradition and improvisation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

There is a far better solution: Christmas.

А на красивые фантики клюют даже отпетые &#108 nisse's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-17-2010 @ 07:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Politics
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

I think the Canadian government should stand up for its birds, not stand idle as they are exterminated. At the very least, demand extradition so they can be tried for their crimes (What crimes? The many are being punished for the terrorist activities of the few! This is discrimination and racial profiling pure and simple! ) in Canada.

Thread Information